Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer to Huddersfield?!

Comments

• No point in getting worked up over it’s out of our control.
  • I really hate to put this out there, but my work colleague was in London yesterday and he sent me a text last night from Euston station and I quote "Just at Euston and just seen Lee Bowyer with a travel bag, must be watching a game somewhere tonight, not sure where he was going he was looking at the screen" end of text.
    I responded that perhaps off to Plymouth as Reading were playing there and we are playing them Saturday. A few minutes later I texted him again saying it cant be Plymouth and he had seen LB at 4:15 at Euston on the concourse and trains to Plymouth take 4 hours.
    I didn't think anymore of it, but after seeing this thread could he have been off to Terrier country? Just letting you know nothing else to add.

If he was going to Yorkshire, it would have been from Kings Cross, I think. Euston heads up to the North West
  • Huddersfield and Charlton are similar 'sized' clubs .. CAFC has just been promoted through a sensational play off game, morale is high results are good, so far. The Terriers have just been relegated after a terrible season, morale is probably low, results have not been good, so far. So what makes the Huddy job so attractive to Bowyer ?
    Bowyer is a cockney speaker, in Huddersfield the Yorkie dialect is the lingua franca, and THAT language barrier will prove to be insurmountable, even though I reckon few Hudds players were born within 100 miles of West Yorkshire, in fact loads were born in the sarf.
    Bowyer might move somewhere, sometime, but I doubt it unless he is sacked.
    If/when he does, IT WILL NOT BE to Huddersfield 
  • Huddersfield and Charlton are similar 'sized' clubs .. CAFC has just been promoted through a sensational play off game, morale is high results are good, so far. The Terriers have just been relegated after a terrible season, morale is probably low, results have not been good, so far. So what makes the Huddy job so attractive to Bowyer ?
    Bowyer is a cockney speaker, in Huddersfield the Yorkie dialect is the lingua franca, and THAT language barrier will prove to be insurmountable, even though I reckon few Hudds players were born within 100 miles of West Yorkshire, in fact loads were born in the sarf.
    This is another example of why parachute payments need to be eliminated. Hudd is probably offering 2-3x what we pay him. They are not much bigger than us but have 5x our turnover because of parachute payments!!! They can’t do that without those. Arrrgghh!!!!!
    This is another example of why parachute payments need to be eliminated. Hudd is probably offering 2-3x what we pay him. They are not much bigger than us but have 5x our turnover because of parachute payments!!! They can’t do that without those. Arrrgghh!!!!!
    mmmm probably true, BUT please don't publicise the fact ((:>)
  • Will sky let me place a bet on LB not being Hudd's next manager? Should get about 6/4. I'd have that.
  • uhhhhh....help?

And that is? 
  • Hope this is all rumour and nothing in it but i am getting a bad feeling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• There’s as much chance of L B going to Huddersfield as Wayne Rooney keeping it in his pants .

• He makes money from professional football and has done so since he joined us as a youngster and promptly left aged 19, (I think). It’s a nomadic lifestyle and one with little loyalty either way. It’s quite well known he isn’t exactly on the breadline without football and as such can pretty well please himself what he does. He holds all the cards when it comes to employment at present, his stock is on the rise  and will be mentioned when most jobs come up. 

With all that in mind, hes better off waiting until the end of the season and walking with Lyle. Move now and you're stuck with someone else's squad. 
  • uhhhhh....help?

And that is? 
    No clue. 
  • uhhhhh....help?

He’s joking mate, nothing to worry about. 
  • uhhhhh....help?

Wait, isn’t he the guy who got banned for throwing a smoke bomb?
  • Seems to me someone has had a lumpy bet on skybet om bowa to push out the price of someone else
  • uhhhhh....help?

Wait, isn’t he the guy who got banned for throwing a smoke bomb?
    Yes of course......I thought I recognised the name.
    Wind-up.
  • I really hate to put this out there, but my work colleague was in London yesterday and he sent me a text last night from Euston station and I quote "Just at Euston and just seen Lee Bowyer with a travel bag, must be watching a game somewhere tonight, not sure where he was going he was looking at the screen" end of text.
    I responded that perhaps off to Plymouth as Reading were playing there and we are playing them Saturday. A few minutes later I texted him again saying it cant be Plymouth and he had seen LB at 4:15 at Euston on the concourse and trains to Plymouth take 4 hours.
    I didn't think anymore of it, but after seeing this thread could he have been off to Terrier country? Just letting you know nothing else to add.

Euston to Plymouth ????????????????
    Not well travelled are you.
  • _MrDick said:
    I really hate to put this out there, but my work colleague was in London yesterday and he sent me a text last night from Euston station and I quote "Just at Euston and just seen Lee Bowyer with a travel bag, must be watching a game somewhere tonight, not sure where he was going he was looking at the screen" end of text.

If he was going to Yorkshire, it would have been from Kings Cross, I think. Euston heads up to the North West
    Euston to Manchester.
    Manchester to Hudds.
  • Sponsored links:

It was just a hunch....yes I am well traveled, but not in this country, if you read all the post you would see I said not Plymouth as it took 4 hours. On the text I didn't add, to my mate, it was 2 changes as well....do apologise for not making it clear, FFS why did i post that.....just giving info...nothing meant in it.......i fucking give up!
  • I’ll worry when @Redhenry worries

It was just a hunch....yes I am well traveled, but not in this country, if you read all the post you would see I said not Plymouth as it took 4 hours. On the text I didn't add, to my mate, it was 2 changes as well....do apologise for not making it clear, FFS why did i post that.....just giving info...nothing meant in it.......i fucking give up!
    Sorry, just thought Euston to Plymouth was, well, I don't know, I give up too :-)
  • Reading the Huddersfield forum and saw this, the horror if it happened

terrier030702 Avatar
    terrier030702
    Student Terrier

7 hours ago

Imagine the uproar from Charlton fans if this was to happen not only are they flying but letting there manager leave to a club they allowed there top scorer to leave to 9 months ago. Imagine if in January he was to bring karlans mate Lyle Taylor too🤣🤣🤣🤣

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/112801/next-town-manager-odds?page=31#ixzz5xvNUh8sw

• Chizz said:
    Supprised no one's supposably spotted him at Kings Cross station yet , waiting for a train !
    It's worse than that... 

I wish he would take that play off medal off. It’s so last season. 
    When he leaves he should be made to donate it to some form of historical archive relating to our club's history.
    https://www.museum-minderbroeders.be/

Sorry, just thought Euston to Plymouth was, well, I don't know, I give up too :-)
    No worries @Covered End, just mentioning what happened, yes i got Plymouth wrong but hadn't checked the trains......i dont use them to be honest, not for years!
  • edited August 2019
    The one thing that worries me about this being true? The rumours are 7 hours old and neither Lee nor anyone at the club have denied it. 
  • The one thing that worries me about this being true? Neither Lee nor anyone at the club have denied it. 
    Relax, it's late, no one will be around atm
  • The one thing that worries me about this being true? The rumours are 7 hours old and neither Lee nor anyone at the club have denied it. 
    Denied what?
    Skybet making him favourite?
  • Reading the Huddersfield forum and saw this, the horror if it happened

terrier030702 Avatar
    terrier030702
    Student Terrier

7 hours ago

Imagine the uproar from Charlton fans if this was to happen not only are they flying but letting there manager leave to a club they allowed there top scorer to leave to 9 months ago. Imagine if in January he was to bring karlans mate Lyle Taylor too🤣🤣🤣🤣

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/112801/next-town-manager-odds?page=31#ixzz5xvNUh8sw
    interesting thing is I have just read about 8/9 pages since Bowyer was favourite and hardly anyone on there seems to want him because of his previous lol