Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer to Huddersfield?!

Comments

• Options
    Danny Cowley at 6/1 looks a decent bet
  • Options
    I doubt he would go to Huddersfield, but we have to accept that more and more clubs will be taking an interest as the months pass.
  • Options
    I'm sure the Leeds fans would really love him if he chose to go and work @ Huddersfield, and reckon he knows it

What next? - Chris Powell to be the next Millwall Manager?
    He's not actually that popular among Leeds fans.
    I know 3 Leeds fans out here and they are always telling me what a legend Bowyer is up there.
    Likewise.
  • Options
    Danny Cowley would be a fantastic appointment for them. 

If Bowyer left I’d want him or Jackson.
  • Options
    Next manager markets are a graveyard for mug punters. I'd only be interested in that bet if I was the one laying it. 
  • Options
    I doubt he would go to Huddersfield, but we have to accept that more and more clubs will be taking an interest as the months pass.
    And that is why he would be better off biding his time (if indeed he does move on). 
  • Options
    And that is why he would be better off biding his time (if indeed he does move on). 
    Agreed - His stock is hardly diminishing.
  • Options
    If he didn’t leave for Derby or Swansea in the summer, I can’t see why he’d suddenly be interested in jumping ship to Huddersfield who are in freefall.
    His stocks even higher than it was in the summer, Huddersfield have £££ and he could probably negotiate a lucrative offer.
  • Options
    Those odds mean nothing really.

If you rang up and asked for 500 quid on Tony Pulis they'd shit themselves, let you put about 20 quid on and would instantly make him about 1/3 favourite.
    This.

If & when Bowyer leaves us it will be for his fishing lakes.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    If he didn’t leave for Derby or Swansea in the summer, I can’t see why he’d suddenly be interested in jumping ship to Huddersfield who are in freefall.
    His stocks even higher than it was in the summer, Huddersfield have £££ and he could probably negotiate a lucrative offer.
    This is my only concern. A big budget to work with and probably 3x what he's on at the moment, plus no shitty owner as somebody above has mentioned.

Regardless of where they sit in the table, I'm sure the money offered could compensate for any doubts Bowyer may have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    se9addick said:
    This is my only concern. A big budget to work with and probably 3x what he's on at the moment, plus no shitty owner as somebody above has mentioned.

Regardless of where they sit in the table, I'm sure the money offered could compensate for any doubts Bowyer may have.
    Big budget and 3x his wage is exactly what Derby (and Swansea to a lesser extent) could’ve given him but it didn’t happen...
  • Options
    Our owner was so so nice to Bowyer after promotion Bowyer has no doubt where he stands.
    I anticipate Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen being replaced by Nobby Vinegar, Fraeye and Driesen.
    What could possibly go wrong Roland? Huh?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    There are Leeds fans and Derby fans talking about Bowyer should they need a manager down the line. This sort of talk will only increase. It is a big reason Bowyer would not jump ship to Huddersfield for financial reasons. The move doesn't make sense for financial reasons, forgetting about emotional reasons. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    We're biased.

Read this site and every player linked with a move would be better off staying with us according to many fans but still they leave.

Managers are no different. If they offer is good enough, they go.

Not as if he can trust the owner to not publicly sack him without telling him or to give him a tiny budget after getting promotion.

Or he can move back to a part of country he lived in before and earn a lot more money.

Grant and Taylor re-united in January?
  • Options
    Bigger budgets don't matter until January. Until then Huddersfield will be in a right mess, they've got a losing culture at the club which will probably take a clear out from top to bottom squad wise with probably the exception of Grant.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Big budget and 3x his wage is exactly what Derby (and Swansea to a lesser extent) could’ve given him but it didn’t happen...
    But that's because they didn't approach him. If they had, he would have been sorely tempted. More pay, better budget, sane owner.
  • Options
    "Betting odds are real indicators of fact, the bookies rarely get things wrong"

Or so I read on here frequently.

: - )

Correct - we do rarely get things wrong.

To prove the point, it's a fact that 2+2=5

• Options
    Grant and Taylor re-united in January?

Already seeing the Huddersfield fans tweeting about it lol
  • Options
    @bobmunro What's your view on Paddy Power offering odds on the next Huddersfield manager?  Do you think there's a possibility of a conflict of interest? 
  • Options
    I just have a gut feeling that it ain’t happening in all honesty. While there are many reasons why you couldn’t blame anyone for getting out as soon as possible, there any many parts to this rumour that just don’t add up.

We will see but like @SantaClaus said, at 3/10, I’d much rather be a layer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    se9addick said:

What's the point of a big budget 2 weeks after the window closes? Huddersfield could still be around the relegation places by the time the new manager can change things

Huddersfield hardly splashed the cash in the summer anyway, they're not a Derby or Fulham
  • Options
    More chance of Grant rejoining LB back at Charlton. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    @bobmunro What's your view on Paddy Power offering odds on the next Huddersfield manager?  Do you think there's a possibility of a conflict of interest? 

None at all. They also offer odds on Huddersfield games and that isn't a conflict either.

PP are a shirt sponsor and as such would have no legitimate access to internal club affairs.

• Options
    se9addick said:

Did it not happen because he turned them down or did they simply choose someone else?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What's the point of a big budget 2 weeks after the window closes? Huddersfield could still be around the relegation places by the time the new manager can change things

Huddersfield hardly splashed the cash in the summer anyway, they're not a Derby or Fulham

already got a team that's more than good enough to compete in the championship and arguably one of the best strikers in the league is there already.

Only a few months then he can start the process of building his own team, I'm sure that's how they'd pitch it to him. With their parachute payments i'm sure they're not short of a few quid.
  • Options
    Why is it Harris from down the road is never in the betting for vacancies?
  • Options
    Not a very good manager?
  • Options
    Everyone has the price but I would be amazed if Bowyer were to go there right now. The only reason he would go there now is if things were happening behind the scenes that we don't know about e.g. the "gifted" geek foisting players on him or Roland phoning through the team on a Friday night...and I think that lesson has been learnt.
  • Options
    Not a very good manager?
    If he can keep that shower in the Championship he can't be too bad.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

already got a team that's more than good enough to compete in the championship and arguably one of the best strikers in the league is there already.

Only a few months then he can start the process of building his own team, I'm sure that's how they'd pitch it to him. With their parachute payments i'm sure they're not short of a few quid.
    Hardly. I could think of half a dozen better than Grant, if not more