Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer to Huddersfield?!

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019
    If I owned a club outside the elite clubs, I would never appoint a permanent manager. For me, the interview would be in two parts. Part one, would be about gaining the job on a trial basis, and part two would be convincing me that the post should be made permanent during that trial. I think that is how it should work outside of football too btw, where possible. If I was the FA, it is the way I would recruit England managers as well.

Critics would say it might preclude recruiting established managers. To be honest, that is part of the point when the pool you are fishing in contains mostly failed managers. If they back their ability, they would take the job on a trial and the ones that back their ability are the ones I would be interested in. 
  • Options
    I think people are often promoted to their level of incompetence. I think it would work outside of football where employers gave people a chance to show what they can do before promoting them. But not firing them if it is a step too far of course. Of course it can't work when people move companies.

In terms of football, it encourages you to give people like Bowyer a chance. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Will be disappointed if so

Dan Cawley was on Quest on Saturday saying how it had to be the right time for him and his Brother to move

Relieved of course that we're keeping Lee

If it works then Huddersfield have just got the second best duo in the Football League for me
  • Options
    We very nearly got them instead of Bowyer 
  • Options
    We very nearly got them instead of Bowyer 
    Blimey!!
  • Options

Dan Cawley was on Quest on Saturday saying how it had to be the right time for him and his Brother to move

If it works then Huddersfield have just got the second best duo in the Football League for me
    Surprised Ainsworth hasn't been linked to some of the bigger jobs, as he's doing a fine job at Wycombe and has a better playing pedigree than the Cowleys
  • Options

Surprised Ainsworth hasn't been linked to some of the bigger jobs, as he's doing a fine job at Wycombe and has a better playing pedigree than the Cowleys
    Really surprised that Ainsworth hasnt joined Queens Park Rangers what with his affinity with them

Have a lot of respect for both men the way they spoke on the EFL Highlights
  • Options
    Will all end in tears at Huddersfield. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I doesn't always work though. They have players who seem to have a losing mentality.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Will all end in tears at Huddersfield. 
    Lets hope so 
  • Options
    Really feel for Lincoln fans here. Really hope they get a good replacement!! Don't think a new manager will fix all.of Huddersfield's problems. Their squad is woeful
  • Options
    Think they’ll end up back in League One before long...
  • Options
    Absolutely sad day for Lincoln fans, they must be totally gutted.
  • Options
    On the face of it, it's a decent appointment for Huddersfield.

Cowley took Concord from the Essex league all the way to the Conference South.
    In his only season at Braintree they were 3rd in the national league.
    At Lincoln he's been incredible, National league to league one. Won the Checkatrade trophy as a league 2 side. Reached the FA Cup quarters as a non league side.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Really feel for Lincoln fans here. Really hope they get a good replacement!! Don't think a new manager will fix all.of Huddersfield's problems. Their squad is woeful
    Lee Bowyer