Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Referee on Saturday vs Reading is Australian

13»

Comments

• edited September 2019
    I thought the Reading player was out muscling Gallagher and was impressed that the lad refused to let him. I do think it was a foul by Gallagher but a booking was harsh. But not anything for us to bemoan the ref's performance. We are biased after all. Did the ref make errors? Yes, but not any major ones. I don't think he favoured either side and unlike some refs I have seen, he did give some fouls on Taylor. 
  • We are always going to disagree with ref decisions and he was inconsistent in his use of the card but I thought he gave fewer of those soft fouls where players look for the touch before falling over - a nice change.  Taylor did some great hold up play and wonder if it was because he was minded to stay on his feet rather than going for the soft fouls this ref wasn't going to give.

Curates egg, but on balance thought he read the game better than some of the clueless refs we've seen.

• I thought Gallagher was lucky to stay on. I was right in line with it & thought he was charging around like a bull in a china shop and it wasnt going to be long before a rash tackle would ensue.
  • I thought Gallagher was lucky to stay on. I was right in line with it & thought he was charging around like a bull in a china shop and it wasnt going to be long before a rash tackle would ensue.
    Agree.  Looked like he might have kicked out to me.  (Funnily enough on the way up we were discussing what might happen when Gallagher got targeted by an old pro who was winding him up to try to get him to lose his rag.  Hopefully Lee can give him the benefit of his experience and get him to rise above it)
  • CatAddick said:
    I thought Gallagher was lucky to stay on. I was right in line with it & thought he was charging around like a bull in a china shop and it wasnt going to be long before a rash tackle would ensue.
    Agree.  Looked like he might have kicked out to me.  (Funnily enough on the way up we were discussing what might happen when Gallagher got targeted by an old pro who was winding him up to try to get him to lose his rag.  Hopefully Lee can give him the benefit of his experience and get him to rise above it)
    The quotes immediately above shows that the game is sometimes a matter of opinion, which polarises people. I personally couldnt see the Gallagher incident, but I guessed it could have been nasty, based simply on the adverse and strength of the opponents reactions.
  • I think opponents reactions can sometimes be influenced by frustration at losing.
  • In charge for our game against West Brom on Saturday 

I hope he's improved since last time we had him.
  • Couldn't give a fornication where the ref is from so long as he's competent and fair.  One out of 2 would mark him out as better than most we've seen so far this season.
    Talking about him much after the match, means he wasn't good enough.  Good refs pass virtually unnoticed and that is how it should be. 

I hope he's improved since last time we had him.

If he doesn't I expect we will see another Aussie getting fired
  • Sponsored links:

• Our referee vs Stoke this weekend. 2nd time in a month after taking charge of the west brom league game where I felt he lost control of the game 
  • Our referee vs Stoke this weekend. 2nd time in a month after taking charge of the west brom league game where I felt he lost control of the game 

Not again!   He is awful. 
  • Terrible, terrible ref.
  • Shocking shocking referee 
  • Think I could do with getting my fitness back and really making myself available again for refereeing. The standard we see on a weekly basis gives me much hope that it wouldn’t take me long to get to a high level.

Once again today, the officials were so bad it was embarrassing at times. Make no excuses for the performance of the players because they were ridiculously bad as well, but once again this referee shows a real incompetence. 
  • He seems to lose control and then just play a game of evening things up as best he can. He seems out of his depth to me. 
  •  
    Carabao Cup

Tuesday, 10th January 2023

Manchester United v Charlton Athletic (20:00)
    JARRED GILLETT
    Neil Davies and Marc Perry
  • Having a shit ref is one possible way of something extraordinary happening. Consider it like a catalyst to the chaos we may need. Our players need to be clever and it could work in our favour.