Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Couple of Reading comments ahead of next weekend...

Comments

• Back on point, I believe we will draw this one 2-2. Our second game to concede more than one in a game. 
  • Reading has got the dirtiest KFC I've ever seen, that dirty that I walked straight past 
  • Reading has got the dirtiest KFC I've ever seen, that dirty that I walked straight past 
    And they found 18 times in their last game and only got 1 yellow. That’s on the high side.
  • Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

Horrific, gut wrenchingly Nigel- like.
  • The football league paper said in its match report against Huddersfield. 

“Make no mistake - Reading were dreadful”
  • Redrobo said:
    Reading has got the dirtiest KFC I've ever seen, that dirty that I walked straight past 
    And they found 18 times in their last game and only got 1 yellow. That’s on the high side.
    It had the same greasy hand marks and tomato sauce splatters over the windows for the whole 2 weeks I worked there. 

I've always stood by the old adage to judge a football in by it's local KFC, and the one in Reading is fuckin shit
  • sholland said:
    The football league paper said in its match report against Huddersfield. 

“Make no mistake - Reading were dreadful”
    true but last week they kept calling Taylor - Thompson. 
  • iaitch said:
    Nicholas said:
    I remember going to Elm Park some years back and after taking on board the quality and style of singing and chanting from their fans I soon came to the conclusion that 90% of their output was directed at slagging off the opposition, rather than positive stuff supporting themselves.
    It was quite uncanny and so obvious that I can honestly say I have never seen or heard such a lopsided tirade from any set of supporters directed at their opponents......it was very odd to say the least.
    I wonder if that bias still exists.......no doubt Saturday will tell?

Was the same when we played them in our relegation season from the prem when les Reed was in charge. They spent the whole game singing songs about how shit we were and we were going down etc. Never liked them since and hope they spend some time in league 1 like we did. 
    I was at that game and don't make them wrong, we were shit and did go down.
    We were shit no doubt about it, but it was constant throughout the game, they were a top half team that season and all they cared about was digging us out.
  • Redrobo said:
    Reading has got the dirtiest KFC I've ever seen, that dirty that I walked straight past 
    It had the same greasy hand marks and tomato sauce splatters over the windows for the whole 2 weeks I worked there. 

I've always stood by the old adage to judge a football in by it's local KFC, and the one in Reading is fuckin shit

The one in Lewisham back in the eighties would run a close second.

We was running some phone cable over the suspended ceiling, taking out every few tiles and passing the cable over. My mate tips up a tile and a dead mouse falls down onto the flour. The manager accused my mate of bringing the mouse into the shop and dumping it on the floor. It got worse from there, as there was vermin in the ceiling space there was also their droppings, we run that cable right of the salad bar and prep areas. The manager didn't do a thing about the mouse  so we didn't bother telling him about the droppings.

Ive never eaten KFC as I'm a veggie but I wouldn't even have a can of coke out of one after that episode.

• Nicholas said:
    iaitch said:
    Nicholas said:
    I remember going to Elm Park some years back and after taking on board the quality and style of singing and chanting from their fans I soon came to the conclusion that 90% of their output was directed at slagging off the opposition, rather than positive stuff supporting themselves.
    It was quite uncanny and so obvious that I can honestly say I have never seen or heard such a lopsided tirade from any set of supporters directed at their opponents......it was very odd to say the least.

Was the same when we played them in our relegation season from the prem when les Reed was in charge. They spent the whole game singing songs about how shit we were and we were going down etc. Never liked them since and hope they spend some time in league 1 like we did. 
    I was at that game and don't make them wrong, we were shit and did go down.
    We were shit no doubt about it, but it was constant throughout the game, they were a top half team that season and all they cared about was digging us out.
    Yes, I remember it well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Remember going to Elm Park 80-81....promotion season from the old 3rd division.  There were quite a few Chelsea fans in there main mob which were to the left side of us. Kicked off on the corner after the game, Charlton came out on top...most of the Reading lot ran off. We won 1-0....can't recall the goal scorer.
    We won that 3-1, with Walsh & Hales amongst the goal scorers.

Went home with a Chelsea beanie hat B)
    Lot's of skinheads in the Reading/Chelsea mob.
  • Redrobo said:

Half decent Wetherspoons though , although I seem to recall we were banned from it in 2014
  • edited August 2019
    The new ground may be modern (if dull and remote) but Elm Park wasn't a nice place. I've memories from the 90s of some scrote behind the away terrace throwing stones at us...
  • The new ground may be modern (if dull and remote) but Elm Park wasn't a nice place. I've memories from the 90s of some scrote behind the away terrace throwing stones at us...
    The 'friendly' there, 70's?? With a crowd of just over 1000 was one of the scariest aways i've ever been to.
  • Couldn't give a toss what a few berkshire keyboard worriers think about Charlton.  I'm happy riding the crest of the wave of the current form.  When it falters or worse, which it will at some point, I'll keep my fingers crossed the dip is temporary.
    "Overachieving"  balls!  No such thing, Leicester won the premier league don't forget.
    All the while results are good, it's props to the players, LB, JJ et al
    If and when things slide it's all down to the toxic europrat lunatic fistula who owns the show.
  • The new ground may be modern (if dull and remote) but Elm Park wasn't a nice place. I've memories from the 90s of some scrote behind the away terrace throwing stones at us...
    The 'friendly' there, 70's?? With a crowd of just over 1000 was one of the scariest aways i've ever been to.
    Never even managed to reach the ground that day.

Thankfully we had a lot of Covered Enders there, otherwise it could have been carnage. 
  • Was it Elm Park or the Manor Ground the spanner’s became the spanner’s?
  • T_C_E said:
    Was it Elm Park or the Manor Ground the spanner’s became the spanner’s?
    I thought that was gillingham
  • T_C_E said:
    Not quite following that comment?
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2019
    Correct TCE.......I thought it was at The Den.
    I can remember The Evening Standard having a full sized photo of the spanner on their front page the following day.
    Since  that day in 1995 they have been known by many as The Spanner’s and The New Den as The Tool Box came about a short while later.
  • Correct TCE.......I thought it was at The Den.
    I can remember The Evening Standard having a full sized photo of the spanner on their front page the following day.
    Since  that day in 1995 they have been known by many as The Spanner’s and The New Den as The Tool Box came about a short while later.
    The Tool box is now The Rusty Toolbox ;)
  • T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

Well well it was a quarter of a century ago. They’ve been throwing things since the 1930’s snowball incident.
  • The joke from that time.

his mate told him to come tool’d up.
  • Redrobo said:
    The joke from that time.

his mate told him to come tool’d up.
    He did well with the spanner - the mate who told him to come tool’d up had a set of Allen keys.
  • Kept their best players wrapped in cotton wool for tonight's game
  • They were always known in my family as the Nut n Bolt Gang.  This apparently was due to their preference for this particular missile.  A Millwall fan would love you forever if you brought it a new socket set for Christmas...
  • Reading would do well to build a rivalry with another weird, soul less club like Crystal Palace. 
  • Hope we don’t underestimate them. After all they’ll be defending the glory of Reading. 

https://youtu.be/_rp3toJ9cAQ
    I lasted 15 seconds (and not in a good way!)

Little bit of vomit in my mouth, WTF is wrong with people, who think this is what English football should be about?
    Good grief!!  Amazingly bad lyrics. I stuck it out for about 2 minutes 45 seconds until a talking section where someone said “Getting ready to shed our sweat” and I couldn’t take any more.
  • Kept their best players wrapped in cotton wool for tonight's game
    All of ours should be well enough rested