Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Brentford | Sat 24 Aug | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• We looked tired - the tempo of Wednesday and the heat a bad combination for us  - Leko in particular looked very lethargic 

BUT one chance and one goal - defended brilliantly - every season has gritty backs to the wall matches like that in it - 3 welcome points

Brentford good side who retain possession well - no goal threat though 

Bowyer has crafted a side that fights hard even when they are not on top form

Brentford forum is good for a laugh on this match - they are seething !!!
    They haven't gone all Bobby Big Bollocks on us have they?  
    They are the 4th team in West London.
    Money can really turn your head, i mean look at the Belgian arsewipe we are saddled with!
  • I broke my boycott of The Valley today, first time in forever £45 on the door for me and my boy 

Did we have more than one shot on target? I thought we were very fortunate to get away with all 3 points, somehow our defence kept a clean sheet and I don't know how. I was very happy to see the back of Brentford's number 3, he got behind us way too often

A good atmosphere for most of the game although VFR gets sung at 1000mph with a polite clap to ourselves for remembering the words I guess.

Great result

3 shots, 1 on target
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant ! 69% possession - 14 corners and we still beat em!
  • We were gubbed! Great Escape indeed. That's football and why we love it.
  • Tough week for Brentford. Probably did enough from their away games at Leeds and us to get 4 points..........but they got 0. It's an unforgiving league.
  • Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    That goal looks even better on the reply!
    I really hope we don't have a winter recall clause in Gallagher's contract.
    As good as he is I don’t think we have to worry about him going back to play for Chelsea’s first team. Out of the five loaneds I’m more concerned about Cullen being recalled. West Ham will probably want to sell
    him to get a decent fee before his contract ends.
    Chelsea's starting line-up today had an average age of 24 years and 208 days - their youngest in the Premier League since February 1994.  Mason Mount their MOTM is 20 years old and the scorer of two Tommy Abraham 21.  Lampard will play the youngsters which is why I hope Gallagher is not recalled in January.
  • Bodies on the line stuff, some unbelievable defending at times, Lockyer and Pearce outstanding.

Onwards and upwards.
  • Just got in and looked at the stats.  How the fuck did we do that?
  • Were we lucky? They had all the possession but Phillips only made two saves, one looked like it was going over. We defended well and carved them open for our goal. They didn’t carve us open like that. 

Brentford lost the game when they kept all their eggs in one basket and bid for our striker 2 mins before the close of the window. 

Serves them right
    Phillips made two save but the defence made at least 6.
    3 points is 3 points and the records will show a one nil win. 

They deserved something, do I give a fuck, no. 

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Lockyer was bloody solid... Said on the defence thread a few weeks ago that he was doing well, just overshadowed by Pearce who was doing better

Today he was Man of the Match for me, blocked absolutely everything and made ANOTHER last ditch tackle similar to the one he made on Wednesday

Turning into a great replacement for Bauer!!
  • What was it St Alan said? Something about winning ugly...