Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brentford | Sat 24 Aug | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Defense was fantastic today. Lockyer in particular!
    Well pleased with that and a backs to wall defensive performance which starts from the front don't forget. Early days yet but hopefully it goes some way to allaying the fears of some on here who had serious doubts about that side of our game with the changes in personnel this season. Especially so with Lapslie and Pratley in the back five for the majority of the game.
  • Options
    Beeb website report:

Charlton Athletic moved up to second in the Championship after continuing their unbeaten start to the season with victory over Brentford.

Conor Gallagher scored his third goal of the season in the 41st minute to hand the Addicks victory.

Brentford's Sergi Canos almost capitalised on a defensive mix-up in the early stages but shot over the bar.

The Bees dominated possession but could not find an equaliser as their struggles in front of goal continued.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49378602

• Options
    if you believe the stats .. we lost 6-0 .. BUT .. still unbeaten and long may it last … sounds like a great all round performance and Lockyer dug Phillips out of a hole .. is that right ?

• Options
    Get in !!!!!!!
    Lockyer superb. Williams class. Hemed encouraging
    coyrsssssssssss!!!!!
  • Options
    A nice comfortable home win ,well done boys!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eaaassssyyy 😖

Great sign when you still win games after being pummeled for 99% of the game
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Brentford are a finisher away from top 2 I'd say.

They’ve only scored 2 goals in 5 games 
    One can see why they desperately wanted Taylor.
  • Options
    Just had a Brentford fan get in my face and say you were fucking lucky...I agree but I said forest were simular the other night...they had tons of possession but we're crap. 
    Never mind i am sure they will score again this season...
  • Options
    That goal looks even better on the reply!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    That goal looks even better on the reply!
    I really hope we don't have a winter recall clause in Gallagher's contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lockyer, Pearce, and Pratley all superb. Great defensive performance 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    On Wednesday we played like Barcelona and lost . Today we played like Burnley and won...that's the joy and mystery of football! 

Other than the goal we were terrible in possession BUT we did the dirty stuff brilliantly,  countless times Pearce, Lockyer, Pratley etc put their bodies on the line, it was the classic away performance smash and grab, but played at home  :)

We lost on Wednesday?
    Corrected  :D