Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Checking ID at The Valley

Just had my sister ringing up moaning at me about the jobsworths refusing to let my 19 year old nephew and his friend in with an u-21 ticket 
she bought the tickets online and claims there was no clear notice to bring ID for athe ticket she bought online
They were refused entry and told to go and buy an adult ticket

Luckily I had a picture of his PASSPORT on my phone which I sent her and the other friend has got to trudge back up the hill to his car to get his ID 

I understand they have a job to do but I think the requirements should be made clearer to all and sundry about ID being needed and discretion should be available I mean if he was trying an u-16 jobbie i could understand

anyone else had a problem ?

Comments

• Options
    You don't need ID if you're under an age... Pretty sure it's not enforceable.
  • Options
    Just had a bloke stopped after going in on a kid’s  ticket, in the covered end.
  • Options
    Yes mate Baldybonce:
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86586/urgent#latest

I told him that beard would give it away  ;)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Yes mate Baldybonce:
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86586/urgent#latest

I told him that beard would give it away  ;)
    I backcombed it over my bonce :D
  • Options
    Just had my sister ringing up moaning at me about the jobsworths refusing to let my 19 year old nephew and his friend in with an u-21 ticket 
    she bought the tickets online and claims there was no clear notice to bring ID for athe ticket she bought online
    They were refused entry and told to go and buy an adult ticket

Luckily I had a picture of his PASSPORT on my phone which I sent her and the other friend has got to trudge back up the hill to his car to get his ID 

I understand they have a job to do but I think the requirements should be made clearer to all and sundry about ID being needed and discretion should be available I mean if he was trying an u-16 jobbie i could understand

anyone else had a problem ?

Yep, as mentioned elsewhere. The chief steward wasn’t going to allow my son in as he looks over 16 and didn’t have id. Fucking outragious and i will be contacting the club.
  • Options
    Is it a condition of sale that you carry ID? I have a concession and never carry an ID for my ST. What have I got to do, take my passport!!!
  • Options
    Sister said fella was a proper knob pulling faces etc when she said it was unreasonable for people not to have been warned to bring ID .
    When they returned with ID no one knew who this jobsworth Kevin was (she thinks he may have given a false name) 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    You don't need ID if you're under an age... Pretty sure it's not enforceable.
    I would guess you can pretty much enforce your own rules re admission on private property? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The following statement was issued by the club before the Stoke game

Please also be aware that there will be more stringent concession controls on all our turnstiles around the ground this season. As part of the terms and conditions of purchasing a match to match ticket, you will need to produce proof of age if asked by any of our stewards when entering the ground if you are in possession of a concession-priced ticket.

If you are found to be in possession of a concession ticket that you do not qualify for, your ticket will be taken from you and you will have to purchase the correct price class to be allowed entry into the ground.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d4a9b2b33431/to-save-money-book-your-stoke-city-tickets-in-advance

• Options
    Thanks Clive ,
    i did try and look last night by going on to ticketing site and couldn’t see anything but I think a clearer warning when purchasing concession tickets online should be issued so as not to end up with the agg .

getting that on to our state of the art ticketing system is another thing ! 

it may be on the tickets anyway 

serves my sister right for funding Roland ! 
  • Options
    Sister said fella was a proper knob pulling faces etc when she said it was unreasonable for people not to have been warned to bring ID .
    When they returned with ID no one knew who this jobsworth Kevin was (she thinks he may have given a false name) 
    Sounds like the same fella we dealt with. He was thoroughly enjoying himself.

As for the warning we were not aware of it and my son was in possession of a valid ticket.

• Options
    I went through the turnstile in front of my son in the covered end lower. I turned around to collect his ticket off of him and he wasn't behind me. Once he had appeared he said that he had been questioned by a female jobsworth. He said that she said ' you're over 18 '. His reply was 'I've just turned 17'. so despite  sending the club proof of age back to the club a couple of months ago it is now left up to the security staff to interrogate the kids on entry. On previous occasions he has gone in on my card or vice versa when I've just dished the tickets outs without checking. 
  • Options
    Saw a fella queue and get up to the turnstiles / scanners with a £20 note in his hand.

i don’t think he’s been a regular over the last 20 years...
    Or he bought a kids ticket to save £10 and the £20 was to bribe the steward to let him in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    surely you buy a childs and upgrade it to an adult so the adult ticket would be less the cost of the childs ticket. 

forest away years ago, i had bought an under 18s ticket being 21 at the time, got in with it and even getting in they asked for id i said i didnt have any - the same steward then watched me buy a pint and asked to see my ticket  saw that it was under 18s and chucked me out confiscating the ticket and i end up missing the 1st 30 minutes- bastard. 
    To be fair, buying a beer in front of the steward that you just told you were under 18 probably wasn’t the smartest move
    in hooters since 10.30 thought didn't come in to it, shame that game is midweek this season. chicken, beer and tits!
  • Options
    Why are people criticising the club?

Surely they should be blaming those who are ripping off the club, and other supporters?
    How exactly are they ripping off other supporters?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Saw a fella queue and get up to the turnstiles / scanners with a £20 note in his hand.

i don’t think he’s been a regular over the last 20 years...
    Are you sure it weren't Scottish economist Adam Smith, with his ID for his OAP concession?
  • Options
    Untill Roland leaves I'll keep getting kids tickets stewards said nothing to me last night or at stoke 
  • Options
    Why are people criticising the club?

Surely they should be blaming those who are ripping off the club, and other supporters?
    I'm criticising the club because if it wasn't for my presence my son would have been refused entry although he was in possession of a valid ticket.
  • Options
    I occasionally use a friends over 65s ticket at west ham and they NEVER check ID.How to alienate supporters!
  • Options
    I think it's right that people should have the right ticket but when it's a change of policy that leads to arseyness officialdom I think it's best to communicate to your customers what is required of them