Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland this transfer window

How much credit can we give to Roland? Undoubtedly our best window in a long time. 

Comments

• Options
    Fuck all apart from turning down the bids for Taylor.

The credit for signings goes to Gallen and Bowyer.
    The credit goes to everyone involved. None of us know who that is or what the budget implications are.

All we have to work on is Bowyer saying a few weeks ago we have the lowest budget in the league, which may be true or might not be true. 
  • Options

Yes it does, but as much as I hate to say it, Roland has clearly given Bowyer the Dijksteel money which none of us thought he would
  • Options
    Zero credit
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Why do we even need to think about RD right now? Let's concentrate on the team and management. 
    Because he is clearly part of that and Bowyer has said as much. 
  • Options
    It has been a good window and the first three results are showing that. It could all implode but I think the game this week may show us how far this team can go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    It has been a good window and the first three results are showing that. It could all implode but I think the game this week may show us how far this team can go.
    Obviously got no idea about the numbers, but the incomings suggest that the budget Lee and Steve had, while still small, was bigger than perhaps we were expecting. 

Since Dijksteel left, 4 loan players have arrived (most requiring some sort of wage contribution you'd have thought) plus 2 permanents (Hemel and Oztumer). And we are looking to sign a RB
  • Options
    No credit to Roland. He didn’t accept the bid for Taylor because he wants to keep the club viable for sale. 
    Look at what he’s done over the years. 
    We are where we are because of Bowyer and Gallen not Roland. 
    Spot on mate 
  • Options
    Zero credit
    Not fair in my opinion. To turn down a bid of 4 million took balls. Of course doesn’t change too much but doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve a little credit. 
  • Options

The credit goes to everyone involved. None of us know who that is or what the budget implications are.

All we have to work on is Bowyer saying a few weeks ago we have the lowest budget in the league, which may be true or might not be true. 
    I think you can safely assume he hasn’t spent the extra £8m in revenue that Bowyer had delivered him - pre Dijksteel and Lookman.

According to someone in a position to know, Charlton and Millwall are a long, long way behind every other club in the division in spending, which of course makes Bowyer and Gallen’s achievement all the greater.
    It doesn’t yet, we are 3 games in. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I think you can safely assume he hasn’t spent the extra £8m in revenue that Bowyer had delivered him - pre Dijksteel and Lookman.

According to someone in a position to know, Charlton and Millwall are a long, long way behind every other club in the division in spending, which of course makes Bowyer and Gallen’s achievement all the greater.
    Indeed, but the squad we had a week before the deadline was nailed on for relegation IMO. Now, who knows?
  • Options
    Anyone know what Igor and Ajose were earning? Them alone off the wage bill must've covered at least 3 of the younger loan signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Indeed, but the squad we had a week before the deadline was nailed on for relegation IMO. Now, who knows?
    Ah absolutely. I don’t mean to take any credit away from them, to attract the calibre of players they have has been a great start. Still a long way to go though. If you look at some of the squads in this league, it’s tough and we will be tested when the injuries kick in. 

They haven’t achieved anything yet but I’m confident we won’t be saying that in a few months time. 
  • Options

Barnsley??? Richest owners in the league, but don't spend any money? 
  • Options

Doubt they are signing players on £4k a week.
  • Options
    Mental window... Messaged my old man 3 days before window closed saying "We are going down with record low points tally"... 4 days later I backed us for promotion! 
  • Options

Luton have hardly splashed the cash either. 6 free signings, 1 big buy (Sluga) but easily paid for by selling Stacey for £4m
  • Options
    If we're still up there in January, i wonder if he'll decide to go big on promotion in a bid to get his 60m asking price? Although if the unthinkable did happen, he'd probably then be asking for 120m.
  • Options
    If we're still up there in January, i wonder if he'll decide to go big on promotion in a bid to get his 60m asking price? Although if the unthinkable did happen, he'd probably then be asking for 120m.
    He will never spend big, he will just add money to the asking price because we have an outside chance of going up. I doubt we will be that high up regardless. 
  • Options
    Roland has played a blinder by staying out of it. Begrudgingly I give him credit for the little he has made available, and if we are still up there in January I think he would support Bows by either coughing up for Taylor’s wages and maybe a big signing. That said, the biggest service he could do is to leave, and the quicker the better.

The reality is though, he has no idea as to how well the management team has done, why, or how.