Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gallagher & Lyle reform.

edited August 2019 in General Charlton
Delighted to see the popular Scottish A&M label 1970’s duo have reformed and taken up a career in football with us.....and both getting on the score sheet as well......though they were of course on very different type of score sheets back then.

Comments

• Options
    They were both asked post match if they were now happy at our club and they responded ‘I wanna stay with you!’
    They always did wear their heart on their sleeve. 
  • Options
    Taylor Swift with one of the other speedsters in the frontline
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    As a footnote, Graham Lyle lives in Bickley......he loves a pint and is often to be found out and about in Bromley, The Red Lion being one of his favourites.
    He wrote “ What’s love got to do with it” for Tina Turner......god knows how much he has earned from the royalties and publishing rights over the years, it must be in the millions!
    A really charming fella and family man......unfortunately not interested in football.
    Also, I think Benny Gallagher lives in Bromley.  Saw him a few years ago in a small club and he was good value, down-to-earth and suitably self-deprecating about no longer being a 'star' ("I used to employ someone to carry my wallet")
  • Options
    Have we done the wide eyed and legless joke yet or was that Tony Watt?
  • Options
     I think that was fairweather Lowe unless g and l wrote it 
  • Options
    As a footnote, Graham Lyle lives in Bickley......he loves a pint and is often to be found out and about in Bromley, The Red Lion being one of his favourites.
    He wrote “ What’s love got to do with it” for Tina Turner......god knows how much he has earned from the royalties and publishing rights over the years, it must be in the millions!
    A really charming fella and family man......unfortunately not interested in football.
    Tom McGuinness (ex-Manfred Mann) and Hughie Flint (ex-John Mayall) teamed up with Gallagher and Lyle in the 1970s.  Tom lived in Blackheath and Ladywell - and was married to my sister.  A lovely chap, entirely down-to-earth and always convivial.
    Hopefully neither is Dead and Gone. 😀
  • Options
    lolwray said:
     I think that was fairweather Lowe unless g and l wrote it 
    Good point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tom McGuinness (ex-Manfred Mann) and Hughie Flint (ex-John Mayall) teamed up with Gallagher and Lyle in the 1970s.  Tom lived in Blackheath and Ladywell - and was married to my sister.  A lovely chap, entirely down-to-earth and always convivial.
    Tom McG lived in Dacre Park, just around the corner from me .. Back in the 60s I was Manfred Mann's paper boy, he lived in Lee Road near Blackheath .. lovely chap, once gave me a fiver Christmas tip, a large proportion of the £5. 12s. 10d total from my posh Blackheath newspaper readers .. I bought a nice few records with the cash from  Manfred 
  • Options
    Tom McG lived in Dacre Park, just around the corner from me .. Back in the 60s I was Manfred Mann's paper boy, he lived in Lee Road near Blackheath .. lovely chap, once gave me a fiver Christmas tip, a large proportion of the £5. 12s. 10d total from my posh Blackheath newspaper readers .. I bought a nice few records with the cash from  Manfred 
    Did you know Geoff Saynor?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Did you know Geoff Saynor?
    The name is very familiar but from a LONG LONG time ago .. Geof Sainter as I knew him, if the same person .. blonde kid, rebel, naughty kid (lol) lived in the Lee High Road area .. can't say I know him as I say IF the same person, had dealings with him long ago .. he'd be early 70s now, possibly very late 60s

EDIT .. on reflection it is Geoff Saynor .. I knew him when I was a little kid, rival gangs and all that, not really since .. we crossed paths a few times later on but moved in different circles
  • Options
    Yeah.....I knew Geoff when I was a kid.....small world, he was quite a good right back as a matter of fact.