Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer deadline

edited August 2019 in General Charlton
Any idea why the FA have misaligned the transfer deadline, so Spain, Italy, France and Germany have about another month to nab players, without them being able to be replaced?

Comments

• Options
    Wasnt it at the request of the Premier League teams so they stopped losing their players to rival teams in the same Division after the season had started
  • Options
    Any chance of a question mark in this thread
  • Options
    EU
  • Options
    As I predicted when the change was introduced, Premier League clubs are now looking to get the date set back to as before!!

• Options
    BREXIT means BREXIT
  • Options
    As I predicted when the change was introduced, Premier League clubs are now looking to get the date set back to as before!!

And Hemed will be able to finally play for Charlton.

• Options
    BREXIT means BREXIT
    Bollocks to brexit means bollocks to brexit.
  • Options
    BREXIT means BREXIT
    Bollocks to brexit means bollocks to brexit.
    Yeah but you lost etc, etc......deal with it!
  • Options

A stupid decision to bring the PL date forward. You slam the window shut, but then leave the back door open so that the likes of Pogba and Eriksen can still sneak out  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a difficult one because of the way the Football Leagues run

Last year it was

Championship: 3rd August - 27th May
    Premier League: 10th August - 12th May

La Liga: 17th August - 26th May
    Secunda Division: 17th August - 23rd June

Serie A: 18th August - 26th May
    Serie B: 24th August - 9th June

Bundesliga: 24th August - 18th May
    2.Bundesliga: 2nd August - 27th May

They can bring the window forward to coincide with the English setup but that gives teams promoted to Serie A and La Liga less time to prepare for the new season (in Spain's case a lot less time) - Or they can have the window at the end of the month for all which messes up the English system because our Leagues will have been ongoing for almost a month

If the windows were to close at the right time then they first need to work out a set of dates when all Leagues start at the same time depending on whether its calendar year format (Scandinavian / Ireland etc.) or August to May format (Majority of Leagues) - Of course then though your going to have the problem of some having winter breaks and others not

Regardless of what gets chosen I wont be surprised if it gets changed again in the future

Big clubs these days seem to want keep their cake and eat it too
  • Options
    Why not just have the same dates for all the top Leagues? 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Winter Breaks - La Liga | Bundesliga would have to start before the Premier League

the Bundesliga stops for six weeks so the poor lil darlings dont get chilly or tired
  • Options
    Why not scrap the windows.
  • Options
    Or make the window apply to inward and outgoing transfers. Not sure on the legality of that but I think it would remove most of the concerns the Premier League clubs have.
  • Options
    It should definitely be the same deadline for all leagues. It's ridiculous that our top 2 divisions have a different deadline to the bottom 2.

If clubs feel that the end of August is too late, then agree a compromise date for the middle of the month.

Interesting that Pochettino thinks ours should be put back, as the other day i saw Valverde at Barca moaning that La Liga should be brought forward to before their first game. 
  • Options
    I think there should be steps downwards so that each division has a week after the league above has shut so that there is an opportunity to sign players after squads have been finalised. When the window shuts in the league below, the higher league is then banned from selling or loaning anyone to anywhere.
  • Options
    I wonder if any decision has been made on Tyrone mears?they were talking to him over the weekend we were told