Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barnsley v Charlton | Sat 17 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH VIEWS

edited August 2019 in General Charlton
The Addicks remain unbeaten in their Championship return. We left it late to equalise, but Bowyer's Addicks know how to battle it out and never give up. 

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Decent result
  • Options
    Superb 
  • Options
    Good point in the end when it didn't look like happening. Thought Aneke made a difference, much more of a physical presence up top. 
  • Options
    Gotta love this side- don’t know how to lose.
  • Options
    Draw probably a fair result although we didn’t really look at the races today
  • Options
    7 points after 3 games with 2 of those away. Would have bitten your hand off for that. Well done boys
    Agree, would’ve taken a point all day long today 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take take that all day long.
  • Options
    Great result overall. Second after 3 games? Lovely 
  • Options
    Very happy with 2-2

Keeps us unbeaten, and stops one of our rivals getting 3 points
  • Options
    Think it shows, to those who weren't there, that they can grind a result and knuckle down. Prepared to be told that they were really shit by someone who was there, but an away draw is an away draw 
  • Options
    Watched on Valley Pass. Thought we deserved a draw. A very good point against a strong Barnsley team. We had some great chances too (Aneke, Cullen). Happy we were rewarded in the end. Looking forward to next week, I'm coming over for the Brentford match 
  • Options
    I am smirking at that table at the monent. Hallucinating that we are both in the same positions after 45 games with both of us playing each other last game of the season. 
  • Options
    Draw certainly a fair result

Had Barnsley not scored early in the second half I reckon we could have dominated but that early goal allowed them to set up shop

Wasnt a poor performance from the players but just felt as though they couldnt quite get into gear, too many mis-placed passes etc.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    A very good point against a well organised, well drilled Barnsley team. I felt we just shaded the second half, Aneke perhaps should've got on the score sheet. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Draw about right . We finished the stronger side .
  • Options
    I’m well happy with that not only the point, but the fact that I cashed out our 6 game accumulator after around 70 minutes had 5 winners and obviously Charlton losing at 2-1 made a massive profit of £6.99 had Charlton won my boy would have killed me as we would have lost out on another £800, was bricking it after lyles equaliser 😀😀.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Hallucinating that we are both in the same positions after 45 games with both of us playing each other last game of the season. 
    Bet Bowyer is hoping the same thing
  • Options
    Think it shows, to those who weren't there, that they can grind a result and knuckle down. Prepared to be told that they were really shit by someone who was there, but an away draw is an away draw 
    Wasnt there either but we are much more mentally stronger i would say over the last 12months or so. I managed to watch 15mins of the 1st half and about the same in the 2nd half and i wouldnt say we were shit at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Well, full marks for resilience and very happy with a point, but we got a bit lucky with that today. Barnsley were both more physical and more skilful, playing the better football for much of the 90 minutes. We played the long ball far too much and ended up giving a battling display rather than the fluent football we have come to anticipate. It looked to be that Lee Bowyer's tactics didn't really work, or maybe it was that too many players had an off day. Certainly, Ben Purrington and Josh Cullen gave the worst performances I can remember from those two usually reliable stalwarts. It was a blow losing Chris Solly so early, even though he had already been given the run around, and although Deji Oshilaja did ok, I suspect that events may have pushed Lee Bowyer into stepping up the signing of another Right Back. Of all the others, I would say that only Jason Pearce, Darren Pratley, Gonor Gallagher and Lyle Taylor came out of the game having done themselves full justice. The rest were ok, but only ok.

Anyway, it's definitely a point gained. Unbeaten. 7 out of 9 points in the bag. On to Forest at home and aiming to hit double figures for points gained much earlier than most of us would have anticipated.
  • Options
    Wasn't watching today as had a busy daddy daughter day. 

Switched the commentary on at 85 minutes. 

We've scored 7 and have 7 points from 3 games. Let's keep it up.