Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PSA tests at the Valley

Gentlemen,last Easter monday ,purely on impulse on my way to the game,I decided to pop in for a routine psa test.(I had one a year prior which was not to bad).My result was a red letter.I contacted my gp and got urgent appointments with the hospital.To cut to the chase,I have prostate cancer.My score  on a 6-10 chart was 7,and the doctors feel that I can overcome this condition without the need for surgery,I am lucky.Gentlemen.I had no symptons,I am 75,my waterworks were fine.I implore anyone who has the slightest problem to go somewhere,and anyone over a certain age should get tested.I dread to think of the consequences of not popping in for that test,it quite honestly could have saved my life.

Comments

• Options
    To soapboxsam,you are certainly going through it,and I hope all turns out ok.My biopsy was done under local and to be honest took 10 minutes and was pretty quite painless although a little uncomfortable.Like you I am as fit as a fiddle,play golf 2-3 times a week,and was still playing squash up to about a year ago.Just shows that these illnesses do not always throw up symptoms,and that routine tests should always be considered.Wembley gave us all a lift,and I hope we can can carry on as we have started this year.COYR

• Options
    Good luck @thickandthin63
  • Options
    All the best @thickandthin63!!
  • Options
    Good luck.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    There you go, I knew there were going to be a number of good news stories coming out of this project and here’s another one..........fantastic news.
    Once again, well done to ALL concerned.
  • Options
    Totally agree I gather about 10 of us got red letters,hope the other guys are ok