Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

International call ups

Comments

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49892072

Cullen in the RoI squad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49917839

Lockyer and Williams in the Wales squad

To be honest, all 3 could do with a rest really, but it's not to be
  • one silver lining .. Taylor wont be going on long flights to the Caribbean .. he can stay in London for treatment and a much needed rest 
  • edited August 2020
    So 3 Internationals meaning if we wanted to we could get games called off

I doubt we will for the Carabao Cup,but good to know for future League games 
  • So 3 Internationals meaning if we wanted to we could get games called off
    Just depends if Lockyer is still around come the Ipswich game (the first International break in the League season)
  • So 3 Internationals meaning if we wanted to we could get games called off
    Just depends if Lockyer is still around come the Ipswich game (the first International break in the League season)
    Chances are (if TS buys us) we'll end up with another international, whether a signing or a loan player.
  • Can't believe Matthews didn't get a call up.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54782141

Williams, Gunter and Levitt all called up by Wales
  • Washington called up by N Ireland too
  • Sponsored links:

• Washington been called up by Northern Ireland
  • Is international youth football being played at the moment, as surely Maatsen would get a call up, the way he's been playing? 
  • 4 called up

Next league game should be Gillingham on 21st then
  • It's extraordinary that we have 3 Wales call-ups, Lockyer would probably be a 4th if TS had come in earlier, and Matthews would be a 5th if they played Gunter in the centre.

• 4 called up

Next league game will be Gillingham on 21st then
    Rochdale game has already been called off
  • It's extraordinary that we have 3 Wales call-ups, Lockyer would probably be a 4th if TS had come in earlier, and Matthews would be a 5th if they played Gunter in the centre.

Or if we brought Matt Smith back  :D
  • So this would be the Rochdale game off.
    The question is do we want to call these games off only to create a congested fixture list elsewhere, or could we be alright without them? With others fit we could be OK in defence; it's Washington we'd miss the most.
  • 4 called up

Not officially confirmed yet, just expected 

Charlton's four call-ups mean that the home fixture against Rochdale on November 14th is set to be postponed and will be announced once confirmed. #cafc

• Sponsored links:

The question is do we want to call these games off only to create a congested fixture list elsewhere, or could we be alright without them? With others fit we could be OK in defence; it's Washington we'd miss the most.
    Yes, the fixture congestion is a concern, especially re injuries. Could do without the EFL trophy games? Personally, although it disappoints me to say it in a way, I am not concerned about the FA Cup as it just adds to the number of games, even though there are no replays this season, are there? I want to concentrate on the league
    With a number of new players catching up with their fitness and how we play, Bowyer will be very happy to have a break now. With Covid postponements elsewhere, it's not as if we'll be miles behind other teams in terms of the number of games we've played anyway
    Yes, the fixture congestion is a concern, especially re injuries. Could do without the EFL trophy games? Personally, although it disappoints me to say it in a way, I am not concerned about the FA Cup as it just adds to the number of games, even though there are no replays this season, are there? I want to concentrate on the league
    1 more week and we wont have to think about cups lol out of the FA Cup on Saturday(Bowyers comments about the players get a well deserved rest now, tell you he isnt thinking about playing a first team) then next Tuesday play our last game(hopefully for a number of years) in the Papa Johns Pizza Trophy 
    then next Tuesday play our last game(hopefully for a number of years) in the Papa Johns Pizza Trophy 
    Is it sponsored by Marcus Maddison this year? 

Or if we brought Matt Smith back  :D
    What about Joe Ledley? 
  • I sometimes wonder if international managers/scouts watch players.

This isn't a dig at Levitt as it's not his fault, but how can he be worthy of a call up? He's played 207 minutes of league football and can't currently get into a league one teams midfield.
  • 4 called up

Not officially confirmed yet, just expected 

Charlton's four call-ups mean that the home fixture against Rochdale on November 14th is set to be postponed and will be announced once confirmed. #cafc

Dont need no twitter comment to know what I do ;)
  • Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Joe Gomez, Reece James, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Tyrone Mings, Bukayo Saka, Kieran Tripper, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders: Phil Foden, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Declan Rice, James Ward-Prowse, Harry Winks.

Forwards: Tammy Abraham, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling.

• I'm worried 5 right backs won't be enough.
  • I'm worried 5 right backs won't be enough.
    What's good enough for CAFC is good enough for England. Anyway, only 4 of them have to be in the side at any one time.