Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking Charge Notice - Help

124»

Comments

• Options
    Parked at Harvester in Sidcup a few weeks back. Told the Mrs not to forget to put the reg details in as she was driving. 

Fast forward to to this week and we got a charge from euro car parks of £80 reduced to £50 if paid within two weeks. 

We we could probably prove we were eating in there but the amount of fucking about and no certainty that it would be cancelled she paid it and I told her to put it down to experience. We won’t go there again now. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    When my son was with the Spurs academy a few years back, my wife got a fine and points for going through a red light near the training ground in Chigwell. A week later she got a letter rescinding the fine and points, saying the information gained from the camera has been shown not to be reliable or something to that effect. 

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that a few Spurs players must have been caught out, and they have the dosh to employ expert legal people to get them off. And then everybody else has to be let off too. So the moral of this story is, if you want to avoid these things, live near rich people.
    Yeah.  Or "drive better". 
    My wife was adamant at the time the lights were not red and she hasn't had any points before or since. I would say she is a pretty good driver - maybe not up to you great standards - but decent enough.
    I'm sure she is.  I just have a thing about morals derived from stories about driving.  Whenever I hear a story about someone being fined for jumping red lights near an academy full (one presumes) of kids, I tend to think the best moral to draw from that is to drive better, not to be concerned about neighbours.  

If she didn't jump the lights, that's great.  And I hope she continues not to do so.  If she did and got away with it, I prefer the moral I draw, to yours, with the greatest respect. 
    I take it you have never got any points on your license and never will. I got three points in 2001 for speeding, I don't think that makes me a bad driver. A lot of posters will have gained points at some point and not be bad drivers. 

Also, if you want to imply the lights were outside the academy with lots of kids crossing the road fine. But you ought to know full well that is a fabrication. Not wishing to be pedantic, but not sure what the point of digging was in the first place. My wife has been driving since she was 17 and has never had a accident, nor any points. She is a better driver than me and could possibly be better than you - I don't know that of course.

My point was about rich footballers being able to challenge authority and win because they are rich. I don't think there was sufficient information about what happened for you to draw a moral from it bar from your own fantasy world.
    Well said... 
  • Options
    Add another pub that scams parking tickets... The Victoria nd bull Hotel in Dartford. 
  • Options

Private parking tickets (or Parking Charge Notices) differ from council-issued Penalty Charge Notices, and they aren't technically backed up by law. Whilst local authorities enforce public parking tickets, which usually come with fines called Penalty Charge Notices, private parking firms don't have this power.

In other words, ignore it.

• Options
    Anybody know how this one works.   Was with a female friend and parked in a Private Euro car park in Rye.  Had to put the car registration into ticket machine and pay on arrival. Have now received a ticket saying we over stayed has a photo of our arrival 15.19 and depart 17.27.  Now I am sure we paid for four hours ! 

The he notice provides no proof of what I paid , nothing other than a picture of arrival and departure. Obviously we had binned the ticket and cannot confirm what we paid an for how long. However, their notice equally does not show how long we paid for.  

I have never ever seen a system where the cameras tie up with tickets purchased at a machine, and then do an entry/exit comparison to the ticket purchased. Is this how it works..... ? 

Anybody know
  • Options
    Anybody know how this one works.   Was with a female friend and parked in a Private Euro car park in Rye.  Had to put the car registration into ticket machine and pay on arrival. Have now received a ticket saying we over stayed has a photo of our arrival 15.19 and depart 17.27.  Now I am sure we paid for four hours ! 

The he notice provides no proof of what I paid , nothing other than a picture of arrival and departure. Obviously we had binned the ticket and cannot confirm what we paid an for how long. However, their notice equally does not show how long we paid for.  

I have never ever seen a system where the cameras tie up with tickets purchased at a machine, and then do an entry/exit comparison to the ticket purchased. Is this how it works..... ? 

Anybody know
    That's exactly how all modern camera operated car parks work.
    Camera records you entering car park - with timestamp.
    Machine issues you ticket - with timestamp.
    Camera records you leaving car park - with timestamp.
    Ticket machine is linked to camera, ANPR records time you entered, time you left and time you paid for on ticket.
    If you overstayed - you get fined.
  • Options
    Does it say that you did pay something, just not enough or is it more a case of them clocking you in & out and not having  a corresponding reg no on the parking meter...? 
  • Options
    Does it say that you did pay something, just not enough or is it more a case of them clocking you in & out and not having  a corresponding reg no on the parking meter...? 
    Says that we overstayed... We did pay. They obviously say 2 hours we believe we paid for four. 
  • Options
    Says that we overstayed... We did pay. They obviously say 2 hours we believe we paid for four. 
    Burden of proof is on them to actually show that you overstayed and did not pay for the four hours. As there is a ticket machine, I don’t know how it all works because what is the point of having a ticket that you display if they’re recording you on camera when you enter and leave anyway?

Furthermore, if they say you only should’ve stayed for 2 hours, you are 8 minutes late. As far as I knew, you have a 10 minute grace period afterwards which you are within that time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Burden of proof is on them to actually show that you overstayed and did not pay for the four hours. As there is a ticket machine, I don’t know how it all works because what is the point of having a ticket that you display if they’re recording you on camera when you enter and leave anyway?

Furthermore, if they say you only should’ve stayed for 2 hours, you are 8 minutes late. As far as I knew, you have a 10 minute grace period afterwards which you are within that time.
    Those types of machines keep a log of the reg and amount paid. Usually don't need to display ticket. 
  • Options
    I always keep any ticket I buy for a few weeks just in case. Don’t trust any of the thieves masquerading as parking companies. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Sage said:

Those types of machines keep a log of the reg and amount paid. Usually don't need to display ticket. 
    So they would be able to go back and have a look at what reg was put in and how much. Again, the proof still falls onto the parking company.

Was the car park attached to a specific place such as a restaurant or shopping centre? If so, I’ve recently found that there will be a contractual agreement between the car park company and the people who hold the purpose for it. Contact them, it worked for me.

Good luck @RaplhMilne
  • Options

Anybody know
    If you paid until 19.19, you came back very early at 17.27.
    Could you be mistaken ?
  • Options
    As sage previously said you get a 10min grace period, they'll ignore it of course as they are chances. Dispute it based on that amongst the usual stuff. 
  • Options

Anybody know
    The ticket is probably for your benefit to check when you need to leave the car park.  But agree they should be obliged to give you the evidence from the computer system of what you paid if you are disputing how much.  Would also challenge the reliability of a mechanical coin machine which like electricity meters can malfunction.  What evidence do they have that it cannot malfunction, is it tested regularly.