Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Forest Green | Carabao Cup 19/20 R1 | 13/08/19 | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    Glad I just read the match thread
    Glad I didn't go!
  • Options
    If these matches are not going to be taken seriously by manager and players, can’t they just play the U23’s in these cup competitions, at least they’d have some cohesion of having played regularly with each other?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    curious why did we had no fire power on the bench? 
  • Options
    We don’t do cups.
    We don’t do penalty shoot outs either really -just the important ones !!
  • Options
    I have my Charlton back ???

Win back to back championship games with spirit and go out in first round of League cup.
  • Options
    It was a good chance for wannabe youngsters and fringe players to shine, I thought Doughty at left back did alright, but it did look a lot like a lot of players were chucked together who had never played together, a lot of players looked like they were going through the motions.

We took the FA Cup lightly and got our pants pulled down, last season and the same happened again today, I’m guessing the same will happen in the FA cup in January, as we haven’t got a squad to compete.
  • Options
    We should make cup games free. Or no more than a fiver at the very most. It would create an atmosphere too.

Glad I had to work late and couldn't go, otherwise I probably would have turned up despite me being used to  a reserve team being put out for cup games.

You would think £5-10 would be a fairer price seeing as how crap we are in cups

• Options
    Dreadful game - JFC had yet another poor game and his penalty was plain embarrassing. Wiredu was possibly the worst player out there and Quintana looked completely out of his depth when he came on. Bowyer's substitutions showed how little he cared about the game.

We have a very weak squad and based on the defensive performances of Doughty and Wiredu we need some cover.

Waste of an evening and no quality on show. Amos was the only player to do okay.
  • Options
    No one injured, concentrate on the league, less money in Roland’s pocket. It’s a result for me 💁‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Waste of an evening and no quality on show. Amos was the only player to do okay.
    Surely our past performances in Cup games should have told it would be a fruitless night and journey, so you’ve only got yourself to blame;)
  • Options
    Forest Green win 5-3 on pens.

JFC with a horrible pen in normal time. Bonne absolutely smashed his into the net in the shootout. Makes the decision for JFC to take the pen in normal time even more bizarre
    Bonne scored shit loads of pens in his youtube clip when he signed
  • Options
    Too soon to talk about the 100% Support banner? 
  • Options
    For those there. Any glimpse of quality from Field? I know he is a bit behind fitness wise but against a league 2 side was he really struggling?
  • Options
    Maybe I’m not seeing it the right way round, but we’d have to win 7 games to get to play and win the Carabao cup at Wembley, where as with the Playoffs we’d only have to win 3 games, to play at Wbley, and get a trophy, I like Lee Bowyers thinking!
  • Options
    Woeful. Lots of kids out there, but woeful. 
  • Options

Surely our past performances in Cup games should have told it would be a fruitless night and journey, so you’ve only got yourself to blame;)
    I make the same mistake every season.
  • Options
    Always attend cup matches, but I am beginning to wonder why I bother.
  • Options
    For those there. Any glimpse of quality from Field? I know he is a bit behind fitness wise but against a league 2 side was he really struggling?
    Hardly noticed him at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not great and if Bowyer said it was a poor performance with only Sarr and Amos coming out with any credit, then I think that sums it up.  Won’t be too quick to judge some of the fringe players on tonight’s performance however, just hope they use it as a lesson and can kick on
  • Options
    Just not in the game to be fair, would be a bit harsh to judge him on this performance, but would be worried if he was in the starting lineup on Saturday, looks like he needs game time to get match fit again.
  • Options
    Field looked neat and tidy..... can imagine him doing the Pratley role just fine 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Not great and if Bowyer said it was a poor performance with only Sarr and Amos coming out with any credit, then I think that sums it up.  Won’t be too quick to judge some of the fringe players on tonight’s performance however, just hope they use it as a lesson and can kick on
    Some of our fringe players looked way out of their depth this evening - not very promising.
  • Options
    conker said:
    Always attend cup matches, but I am beginning to wonder why I bother.
    Sadist 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Really poor. If we get injuries we have big problems. The genuine first team squad players were all poor.

Forster-Caskey looks so unfit. I would seriously be thinking about sending him out on loan and not Morgan or Lapslie. His penalty in normal time was shocking. The way Bonne was fist pumping team mates and went for the ball, I think he thought he was taking it.

Only plus point, a player called Wiberforce made his debut. Sadly his performance didn't live up to his billing.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Gutted would have loved a day in Bournemouth a few beers followed by crazy. Golf then aquarium then rest day in a deckchair on the beach
    But in reality it would probaby have chucked it down all day and we still would have lost
  • Options
    Really poor. If we get injuries we have big problems. The genuine first team squad players were all poor.

Forster-Caskey looks so unfit. I would seriously be thinking about sending him out on loan and not Morgan or Lapslie. His penalty in normal time was shocking. The way Bonne was fist pumping team mates and went for the ball, I think he thought he was taking it.

Only plus point, a player called Wiberforce made his debut. Sadly his performance didn't live up to his billing.
    It's not all down to fitness with JFC - his concentration and awareness was poor. The penalty was an absolute joke.
  • Options
    What with the stands and the lack of streaming, I had the ump, then something came up anyway. Shame was quite interested in seeing some of these players... lucky swerve it turns out