Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Forest Green | Carabao Cup 19/20 R1 | 13/08/19 | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lol 5-4. We are rubbish in cups. Roll on Saturday. 

5-3
  • Options
    The dream is over
  • Options
    Tradition upheld.

Traditional "dont care" blah blah BOLLOX

Had enough decades of ultra shit wank cup performances.

• Options
    We don’t do cups. I would be pissed if I paid to watch. 
  • Options
    We should make cup games free. Or no more than a fiver at the very most. It would create an atmosphere too.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    We don’t do cups. I would be pissed if I paid to watch. 
    You would only have yourself to blame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another fine you've got me into, Jake. 
  • Options
    And I predicted the semi-final for this year. Whoops.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Let’s hope we don’t get too many injuries, as don’t think many of these can step up. 

Most champ sides put out weak sides tonight shows how devalued the comp is.

be interesting to see who forest green get. 

The bigger story is forest green we’re playing with there 2nd string tonight and we struggled against them a team 2 leagues below us. 
  • Options
    Anyone who expected anything but a night of drab disappointment from Charlton in a League cup tie, only started watching us this after the last time we got knocked out of the poxy competition.
  • Options
    rina said:
    Perfect result really. Out of the cup that we don't want to be in while keeping the unbeaten run going
    Are you Jose Mourinho?
  • Options
    rina said:
    Perfect result really. Out of the cup that we don't want to be in while keeping the unbeaten run going
    Are you Jose Mourinho?
    tbf, Jose always took the league cup seriously lol
  • Options
    Let’s hope we don’t get too many injuries, as don’t think many of these can step up. 

The bigger story is forest green we’re playing with there 2nd string tonight and we struggled against them a team 2 leagues below us. 
    Most finalists put out weakened teams in this competition.

Only people that care about it are mangers of failing big clubs looking to save some face with a token piece of silverware.
  • Options

In fairness they put out 4 or 5 that have played their initial fixtures... We only had JFC to have started a game didn't we?
  • Options
    Forest Green win 5-3 on pens.

JFC with a horrible pen in normal time. Bonne absolutely smashed his into the net in the shootout. Makes the decision for JFC to take the pen in normal time even more bizarre
    Wasn't he our regular taker before he got injured?

Was hoping for a good game for him tonight but the 3s being "awarded" in the marks thread don't leave me hopeful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forrest Green Rovers have just been drawed away at Bournemouth
  • Options
    Would have been a decent game ffs
  • Options
    I wonder if JFC's poor start to the season might affect who Bowyer sends out on loan? I assume the original plan was to have JFC as a member of the 1st team squad and send Morgan out, but he seems to be struggling
    I wonder if JFC's poor start to the season might affect who Bowyer sends out on loan? I assume the original plan was to have JFC as a member of the 1st team squad and send Morgan out, but he seems to be struggling
    i agree, at this moment in time would much rather JFC went out on loan, been horrific in both games his played
  • Options
    Bournemouth away - would’ve been decent.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

In fairness they put out 4 or 5 that have played their initial fixtures... We only had JFC to have started a game didn't we?
    Nabby and Lapslie started at Blackburn as well IIRC mate.
  • Options

Sure start with a much changed team as we did but don't have a subs bench that only has 4 youth team players on it. 

That is just taking the piss.

We only had to beat this lot and one other and there's the chance of a home draw against Tottenham, Chelsea etc. The Valley would be near sold out for that. And rocking.
  • Options
    even though we put a second team out, should of had enough to beat FGR, who themselves put a weakened side out, players like JFC, Bonne, the 2 full backs did not cover themselves in glory. We must sign another rb to cover solly, as wiredu is not up to champs standard
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Nabby and Lapslie started at Blackburn as well IIRC mate.
    Good shout... 

Fortunately neither started the last game. I love both of their effort and determination. But tonight of the 3 only Naby comes out looking even a bit good.