Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland - another statement (12/8/2019)

Comments

• Options
    It's funny how most things on the website at written in a professional, formal tone, but Roland writes statements like he's writing a twitter thread. His tone is just so... Off ,it's bizzare 
    Just imagine trying to deal with him when it comes to business like selling Charlton.
  • Options
    You just know that if he doesn’t sell between now and end January he will go and do something stupid. After potentially losing Taylor last week the obvious thing right now would be to sanction giving Taylor a significant increase with a contract extension. However, I just assume we will be sitting here on 1 January with nothing having been done and having to let Taylor go in order to get a fee but not getting in a good replacement.

The sooner he goes the better.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yet he did provide budget for players and even allowed Bowyer to make a £4m bid for Toney.

Basically does one good thing, then follows it up with truly shite behaviour.
    I have never quite bought into the £4 million bid for Toney claim......despite what their chairman suggested.
    Not saying we didn’t make an offer, just not as much as £4 million.
    Whether we did or not, thats what people outside of RD are saying.

However, we àre 2nd in the league, ok only after 2 games, but i dont get the point in 'upsetting' RD at this moment in time ' it makes no sense to me - we are in a better position now than when he took over the club - ok,again, only after 2 games, and certainly not of his making.
    I really dont see the point in rocking the boat right now.Maybe CARD should keep just keep quiet for a while- in the same way that people are telling RD to keep quiet atm, maybe the same should apply to CARD? 
    Yet some people were suggesting that things should get more aggressive just a few days ago!
    I think the President is on a wind up.
  • Options
    Why is it written in the third person?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Nug said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yet he did provide budget for players and even allowed Bowyer to make a £4m bid for Toney.

I have never quite bought into the £4 million bid for Toney claim......despite what their chairman suggested.

However, we àre 2nd in the league, ok only after 2 games, but i dont get the point in 'upsetting' RD at this moment in time ' it makes no sense to me - we are in a better position now than when he took over the club - ok,again, only after 2 games, and certainly not of his making.
    I really dont see the point in rocking the boat right now.Maybe CARD should keep just keep quiet for a while- in the same way that people are telling RD to keep quiet atm, maybe the same should apply to CARD? 
    Yet some people were suggesting that things should get more aggressive just a few days ago!
    I think the President is on a wind up.
    Must be
  • Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    Hate to give RD any credit, but this statement has had its desired effect I'd say. It doesn't take long when looking through the facebook pages, groups or twitter to see its whipped up an anti-CARD frenzy- far more than we've seen previously.

Would 100% agree with CAFCtom earlier when  he said it was a tactical move- what better way to discredit CARD than to link their absence to good results and Taylor staying? Its dirty, its machiavellian, but it works. Same with targetting Rick individually- he's someone that already has a mixed reputation amongst fans, its easy to exploit that. 

Think this is the first time we've seen a genuinely smart political move from RD. 

Yes.

It highlights just how much of an absolute loser he is 

You either want to own a football club or you don't 

Just sounds like the only thing he has going on for himself is simply just attempting to annoy Charlton fans....who are, in business terms ..his customers.

Bravo
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    .The closest we ever got to being sold was..
    1. After protesters flew to Belgium, which led to the Aussies shortly thereafter
    2. When one of his "structures" caught fire, which led to Dalman, shortly thereafter.
    He seems to only move in response to "direct action." So the fact this upsets him is.... good. A happy Roland is not in fan's interests.
    Are you honestly suggesting that the protests caused the Aussie bid?

Or that vandalism and arson to Roland's properties led to Dalman's interest?

Now that is seriously deluded.

Sure I'll give you that the protests led to the club being put up for sale, but it's dumb luck that has caused interest, otherwise someone would have bought us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just think that 14 thousand people are gonna be fairly pissed off if RD petulantly pulls the plug on something simply coz CARD issue a statement that fucks off RD, and also mazbe doesnt represent the feelings of the majority of the supporters any more.After all, if we had 14k there on Saturday, then how many boycotters do we have? 
    Yes, we all want him to sell, we all want him to fuck off, but ffs there is timing!
    Is it you bexleyboy
  • Options
    His piles must be biting bad...  the daft old Belgian prick!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    .The closest we ever got to being sold was..
    1. After protesters flew to Belgium, which led to the Aussies shortly thereafter
    2. When one of his "structures" caught fire, which led to Dalman, shortly thereafter.
    He seems to only move in response to "direct action." So the fact this upsets him is.... good. A happy Roland is not in fan's interests.
    Are you honestly suggesting that the protests caused the Aussie bid?

Or that vandalism and arson to Roland's properties led to Dalman's interest?

Now that is seriously deluded.

Sure I'll give you that the protests led to the club being put up for sale, but it's dumb luck that has caused interest, otherwise someone would have bought us.
    Arson....when was that?
  • Options
    Arson ?
  • Options
    Card should re-brand
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    An incredible trio of rants from a man whose EQ has long since departed.

Seems to be presenting a great deal as axiomatically the truth and naming a lot of names throughout, with apparent impunity. Are there any legal statutes which cover such?

On a different note, the two books sound a hoot! 
  • Options
    Anyone notice this on the ownership timeline page?

Candidate owners do not only study the finances of the football club, they also have a close look at how the fans may treat them once they have bought the club. When the current owner did his due diligence, he found that Charlton had a very good, strong and vibrant fan base and a very good and strong social role in the local community. Will candidate buyers believe that the protests against the current owner are due to his incompetence? Maybe, who knows. Surely they would not like to be the victim of a similar treatment whilst pouring millions of pounds into the club every year.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/ownership/ownership-timeline
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    clive said:

The owner was disappointed to read that the Coalition Against Roland Duchatet (CARD) will resume targeted protests against him.

This new aggression raises the question as to why CARD would do that. We have had two seasons in a row where Charlton participated in the play-offs, we have now been promoted to the Championship and we have a manager and staff in place that all the fans are behind. 

Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen have an agreed budget and have built a squad that everyone can get behind. 

The threats of CARD to the owner and implication he should heavily increase spending on players come after they have regularly urged fans not to put money into the club by delaying buying season tickets.

The positive thing of the last CARD communication (August 1st) is that they now acknowledge that protests during games have a negative impact on the team so they will not protest at games. However, they said they will “target” Duchatelet and his collaborators. 

What is clear is that both fans and the owner want the club to be sold. While some individuals have their own agendas let’s work to make the club attractive on the market so that we can find a rich new owner willing to spend a good part of his or her personal wealth on trying to get Charlton back to the Premier League.

For more about the owner click here. For more about his time at Charlton Athletic click here.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d518490746ff/owner-disappointed-by-targeted-protests-from-card

Does he not realise all this success is despite him and not because of him?! I can see why the timing suits his agenda but just after he has earned a little credit!
  • Options
    clive said:

The owner was disappointed to read that the Coalition Against Roland Duchatet (CARD) will resume targeted protests against him.

This new aggression raises the question as to why CARD would do that. We have had two seasons in a row where Charlton participated in the play-offs, we have now been promoted to the Championship and we have a manager and staff in place that all the fans are behind. 

Lee Bowyer and Steve Gallen have an agreed budget and have built a squad that everyone can get behind. 

The threats of CARD to the owner and implication he should heavily increase spending on players come after they have regularly urged fans not to put money into the club by delaying buying season tickets.

The positive thing of the last CARD communication (August 1st) is that they now acknowledge that protests during games have a negative impact on the team so they will not protest at games. However, they said they will “target” Duchatelet and his collaborators. 

What is clear is that both fans and the owner want the club to be sold. While some individuals have their own agendas let’s work to make the club attractive on the market so that we can find a rich new owner willing to spend a good part of his or her personal wealth on trying to get Charlton back to the Premier League.

For more about the owner click here. For more about his time at Charlton Athletic click here.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d518490746ff/owner-disappointed-by-targeted-protests-from-card

Does he not realise all this success is despite him and not becasue of him?!
    As an egotistical narcissist (cf. Trump) he doesn’t get it and he never will.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bowyer with Duchatelet is the eye of the storm. Bowyer with a decent owner would be the start of a bright future. It is important we don't get too carried away with his magnificent achievement and realise the foundations are not strong. Yes, we are better off than Bury and Bolton, but if the foundations are not steadied, we will lose the people who represent a bright future and the walls will come crumbling down. If I believed Duchatelet understood the opportunity in front of him, I would stop protesting, but it is clear to me that he doesn't. Surely people can see that our success is down to Bowyer, JJ and Gallen and has been achieved in spite of old yellow teeth. Look at the January window. Like I said, done in spite of him.

Well, he will walk unless a) Duchatelet undertsands what he has got (not going to happen) or b) we get a new owner who realises that. It has now become pretty obvious so I would say there is a good chance of b). If a) had a chance, Duchatelet would be giving different sorts of messages about going for the Premier League. The window of opportunity will close as soon as it has opened.
  • Options
    I just think that 14 thousand people are gonna be fairly pissed off if RD petulantly pulls the plug on something simply coz CARD issue a statement that fucks off RD, and also mazbe doesnt represent the feelings of the majority of the supporters any more.After all, if we had 14k there on Saturday, then how many boycotters do we have? 
    Yes, we all want him to sell, we all want him to fuck off, but ffs there is timing!
    You do realise the CARD statement dates from 1st August, don't you? Or am I being whooshed here?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Wow. This is hilarious.
  • Options
    Seriously, I do worry that he is actually ill. What with this and feedback from the various proposed buyers of how difficult he is to deal with. 
  • Options
    I'm really confused right now.