Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name the Players

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Back row fourth from left head just visible could be Fred Lucas. Used to wear no. 6 shirt left half in the W formation.
    No, that’s not Freddy.
    ;) 

Could be him (on the right in this picture) with a bit of ageing, I mean we've all aged although I can still see a resemblance to that young @SoundAsa£ I was aware of from a distance back in the 60's😉. What dya reckon now?
    I met Freddy a while back and he was instantly recognisable, so I would say that’s definitely not him.
    Incidentally, that’s Dennis Edwards he’s sitting next to.....though I guess you know that.
    Fair enough. Used to like Daisy although he had his critics. I think his Grandson has posted on here before.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Back row fourth from left head just visible could be Fred Lucas. Used to wear no. 6 shirt left half in the W formation.
    No, that’s not Freddy.
    ;) 

Could be him (on the right in this picture) with a bit of ageing, I mean we've all aged although I can still see a resemblance to that young @SoundAsa£ I was aware of from a distance back in the 60's😉. What dya reckon now?
    I met Freddy a while back and he was instantly recognisable, so I would say that’s definitely not him.
    Incidentally, that’s Dennis Edwards he’s sitting next to.....though I guess you know that.
    Fair enough. Used to like Daisy although he had his critics. I think his Grandson has posted on here before.
    Correct. He posted a couple of years back to which I replied.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    A bit of interesting tittle tattle told to me by Johnny Summers Jnr a few years back.
    In the dressing room at The Valley the walls were covered in vertical wooden panels/slats one of which remained for ever broken and was never replaced.
    The story goes that Johnny had a falling out with Billy Keirnan during a half time team talk and pinned him up against the wall, in the process the panel splintered leaving a lasting legacy of the incident.
    Hard to believe that of a placid even tempered gentleman like Johnny.
    Never did know exactly what the row was about.
  • Options
    Is that not Matt Tees standing behind the lady?
    I'd agree with that.
    That it's not, or it is?
    That it is 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    No, that’s not Freddy.
    ;) 

Definitely Freddie and Denis
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    A bit of interesting tittle tattle told to me by Johnny Summers Jnr a few years back.
    In the dressing room at The Valley the walls were covered in vertical wooden panels/slats one of which remained for ever broken and was never replaced.
    The story goes that Johnny had a falling out with Billy Keirnan during a half time team talk and pinned him up against the wall, in the process the panel splintered leaving a lasting legacy of the incident.
    Johnny of course came from Millwall was barrel chested and a solid unit used to giving as good as he got with oppo CHs, Billy never stood a chance in said bust up  :o
  • Options
    HI, I have a feeling the guy to the left of Brenard as we look and the chap with the glasses between them behind are just friends of Bernard. Tony W may be able confirm.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Johnny of course came from Millwall was barrel chested and a solid unit used to giving as good as he got with oppo CHs, Billy never stood a chance in said bust up  :o
    Can imagine.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Actually started at Fulham.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Actually started at Fulham.
    Then Norwich, the Spanners and us for whom he scored 104 goals in 182 league and cup appearances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    How old is the photo Henners just a guess but front row second from right Arthur Horsefield and next him on left Peter Croker ?

That is Bernard Wickham second in from the right. Arthur isn't in that photo..... and not Peter Croker either.
  • Options
    Brian Moore in the middle at the back
    We never has anyone called Brian Moore play for us.....there was a Brian Moore played for West Ham in the mid 50’s.
    Otherwise there was of course Brian Moore, the commentator who lived in Orpington.
    Did you mean Graham Moore....if so it isn’t  him either....LOL!
    I meant Brian Moore the commentator. I know it’s not him but he looks like him