Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today’s Attendance?

Comments

• Options
    Jints said:
    Todays attendance shows that people are coming back,and if the club continues on its present path,more will return RD or not.The atmosphere on saturday was superb,it can only lift the players.In recent seasons ,coming out to empty stadiums,putting up with protests,I could imagine most of them did not want to be here.Now they probably look forward to "going to work" and it shows.I can see our averages topping 20000 before long,this is no more than the management team and the players deserve.
    There is no possibility whatsoever of the average topping 20,000. 
    Big IF...very big, but if we were to remain in the top 6 for the rest of the season I'd guess we would be getting crowds of around 20,000.
    I doubt it. Even if there is a further boost to season tickets taking them to 11,000, say - and the club should obviously be making an offer on that today - you are still looking at 6-7,000 average home ticket sales, which off the top of my head we have never done since the 1980s in the First Division at Selhurst, when season tickets were a lot lower. Maybe even the 1970s, when the walk-ups could be huge.

To average 20,000 you'd need season tickets at 14,000-15,000 minimum, unless you were dumping thousands of comps and the match by match prices at £24/£27 minimum are not going to help. We probably would get into the 20,000s in April if competitive in the top six.

Stoke was a very good crowd and will be seen as that as the season progresses.
    This is probably right but not necessarily. I think that the internet/social media can really help fuel enthusiasm these days and a team doing well can start attracting a lot more than they used to. Very few of us expected the play off semi to be a sell out for example. 
    I agree the play-off semi was a wildly unpredictable outlier.
  • Options
    The L1 losses are the ones that stand out, with 2016/17 distorted by the Lookman sale. When you have players on Championship wages and L1 income it's not a good financial mixture
    It’s a lot more than Lookman. It’s Pope, Gudmundsson, Cousins etc, but the operating loss in 16/17 was horrendous because of poor financial planning by him and his muppet Meire - I.e. contractual commitments to inadequate players.

It’s not just Championship players in L1 - it’s the fact he had signed so many unsuitable players in 15/16 (Ba, Bergdich, Sarr, Ceballos), had signed a mad deal with Teixeira in January 2016, still had Reza, Polish Pete and Vetokele contracted and then got it wrong again in 16/17 (Novak, Ajose).
    Didn’t Le Point cost a fortune too?!
  • Options
    Think we'll do well to get over 10,000 for tonights game...
    10,000 ?
    We'll do well to get 5,000, in fact I'd be extremely surprised if we got that many (not looked at how many sold).
  • Options
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Tyrone Mears is ageing well...🙄
  • Options
    To letthe good timesroll,Totally agree,nothing is beyond us,history is on our side,good managers,proper Charlton players,just watch the crowds come back.
    Been on the drink today Sir?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Isn’t this a case of smoke and mirrors ? Surely Roland hasn’t lost any money ? Doesn’t he cover the operating expense by pumping in more money each year (as a loan from another group company) which then increases the value of the club, currently £70 million ?, a price that is supported by there always being interested parties ? As long as the club isn’t sold for less than the current loan figure then there probably isn’t a loss booked at the top of the tree. In fact, if the club is paying interest on the loan there is possibly  a profit being generated. Any accountants out there like to totally debunk that wild theory ?
    That money he 'pumps' in doesnt come from nowhere, it's still his money.

He's also never going to find s buyer to cover all the loses, it doesn't take an accountant to work that out, just 5 or so brain cells.
    Even Meire said he won't get all his money back, trouble is, the only person that has to accept that fact won't/can't.
    And she knew her stuff.......
  • Options
    I would guess it’s likely 15 teams yet to come to the valley will sell out the away end or come close to it so the @AirmanBrown view of stoke’s turnout being slightly above the average may be an underestimation. Time will tell on that though.
    Just as people were predicting Stoke would sell out - against the evidence? Despite free travel.

Teams unlikely to sell out on past evidence and recent history would also include Brentford, Nottingham Forest (midweek), Swansea (midweek), Preston, Huddersfield (midweek), Hull, Bristol City (Boxing Day), Barnsley, Fulham, Blackburn, Luton, Middlesbrough, QPR (midweek), Reading (Easter Monday) and Wigan. That's 16 out of 23.
    Brentford saying they’ve only got 800 tickets left...#justsaying
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would guess it’s likely 15 teams yet to come to the valley will sell out the away end or come close to it so the @AirmanBrown view of stoke’s turnout being slightly above the average may be an underestimation. Time will tell on that though.
    Just as people were predicting Stoke would sell out - against the evidence? Despite free travel.

Teams unlikely to sell out on past evidence and recent history would also include Brentford, Nottingham Forest (midweek), Swansea (midweek), Preston, Huddersfield (midweek), Hull, Bristol City (Boxing Day), Barnsley, Fulham, Blackburn, Luton, Middlesbrough, QPR (midweek), Reading (Easter Monday) and Wigan. That's 16 out of 23.
    They’ve only got 2,014... so they’ve sold 1,200.
    Next!
    Would that just be the lower tier of the JS? 
  • Options

Next!
    Lol, though to be fair to that poor number so far their own website actually tells their fans that tickets can be bought on the day at the valley. Probably not the best way of encouraging buying tickets in advance. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Portsmouth sold 14,000 season tickets this season in L1.
  • Options
    17204 tonight. Big queues outside the Ticket Office before the game suggesting a decent number of tickets sold today?
  • Options
    Had to bloody Queue tonight, not moaning just stating a fact and still enough seats for another 9-10K fans, very good atmosphere also.
  • Options

Next!
    Lol, though to be fair to that poor number so far their own website actually tells their fans that tickets can be bought on the day at the valley. Probably not the best way of encouraging buying tickets in advance. 
    Or, you were wrong?
  • Options
    17204 tonight. Big queues outside the Ticket Office before the game suggesting a decent number of tickets sold today?
    Sounds a good number.
  • Options
    Brentford at home Saturday, bank holiday weekend, sunny, 30 degrees...my guess is those factors should keep the crowd under 27k...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to say so far this season alot more people join in with the singing. Deffently seems louder and long may it continue! 
  • Options
    Never mind about the queue for tickets how about the poxy journey home to Chatham,hour and a half,thats two weeks on the trot.
  • Options
    Brentford at home Saturday, bank holiday weekend, sunny, 30 degrees...my guess is those factors should keep the crowd under 27k...
    Plus loads of train maintenance going on, kings cross is shut this weekend and so is the Peterborough/brighton train putting a extra hour on my 90 min trip. 
  • Options
    Have to say so far this season alot more people join in with the singing. Deffently seems louder and long may it continue! 
    The big fan change from last couple of years is the Covered End is much busier again. The noise is then carrying round more and encouraging those in the wings, East and West to join in
    Singing came over very well on SKY - so well they had to turn the sound mics off several times during some of the songs!!
  • Options
    The big fan change from last couple of years is the Covered End is much busier again. The noise is then carrying round more and encouraging those in the wings, East and West to join in
    Singing came over very well on SKY - so well they had to turn the sound mics off several times during some of the songs!!
    I noticed that, the swearing songs coming through crystal clear and loud, it would then go off and a weird generic crowd noise put over the top
  • Options
    My only issue with the busier Covered end is the number of people buying tickets for anywhere then sitting in other peoples seats in J and H blocks. A few arguments went on last night and i think it could get a bit heated.
  • Options
    Atmosphere was top draw. Love being back at The Valley. Will need a showing like that for when we play Leeds etc
  • Options
    ads said:
    I noticed that, the swearing songs coming through crystal clear and loud, it would then go off and a weird generic crowd noise put over the top

Your support is duck & sheep?