Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Stoke | Sat 10 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    cafckev said:
    Only at Charlton can fans go from doom and gloom to ecstasy in 48 hours
    Don't worry we will go back!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Going to be tough to pick out a man of the match because there are so many contenders. Gallagher full of energy and scoring on his debut, Cullen back and as brilliant as ever, Williams like a Duracell bunny with a ball stuck to its feet and Taylor being his usual pain in the backside for defenders and scoring a thunderbolt to name a few. Stoke were no mugs either hitting the bar, post and missing gilt edged chances including a sitter for Gregory. Even Inces goal was a cracker. Let’s hope we can keep this up as recently we always have decent starts and then tail off.
  • Options
    I know it's the most important part of the pitch, but having 10 players who Bowyer would consider midfielders, does seem a bit excessive. Especially when we currently only have one out and out striker, hopefully that's resolved on Monday, and if we are being honest question marks about all our defenders.

If we had signed a center back on loan of the quality of the midfielders we have, I would back us for the top half. 

Obviously Lapslie and/or Morgan can now go out on loan.  Even then how many games will JFC play between now and Xmas? 

• Options
    Unbelievable stuff. A bit of a slow start for the first 20 minutes or so where Stoke had a lot of possession without really troubling us. We then grew into the game well and looked the better side. Every single one of of them gave it everything out there and battled until the last minute. We’re certainly going to surprise a few this year if teams expect to roll us over.

Gallagher motm, brilliant work rate, composed on the ball and a quality finish.
  • Options
    Great performance. 
    They missed 2 easy chances and we missed 1. 
    Quality goals too. 
    Bit disappointed Dylan got nowhere near their goal. 

BABY BECKHAM ON THE SCORESHEET !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why would you want to say something like that? At this moment? 

Chip pisser

Just the 14 chips.....

• Options
    Well that was rather good! 

Deeper thoughts later, but loads of positives today, we carry a real attacking threat and will cause teams lots of problems. Massive bonus for 2 players to score so early in their Charlton careers too.

We will go on bad runs in this division, so 6 out 6 points at this stage is a great start. 50 points and survival has to be our main target, and every win is priceless
  • Options
    It kind of feels like last season did not end and it has just rolled into this one.
    And that is why promoted teams do well first season, momentum and confidence.
    ... and a great manager 
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Take that @bobmunro
    Someone will have a big smile at work on Monday.
  • Options
    Waiting to hear from Golfie, assume someone has got to put the fire 🔥 out first !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    I quite like the bloke tbh.
    Gave an honest opinion of how he saw the game.
    The mad thing about football nowadays is that if stoke lose their next match he will be under pressure. 
  • Options
    Couldn’t be there today, cheers all for the updates and sharing your post match thoughts. Great win, cracking start 
  • Options
    Wonderful job by the management team,the departed players,good as they were ,not missed in the slightest.Whole team put in a shift,what a prospect gallagher is,This could be some season.Fantastic support all through the game,how anyone can stay away from this is beyond me.RD has made many mistakes in his time as owner,the biggest being not being aware of what a great asset he owns.
  • Options
    Just saw the highlights... We got let off the hook a few times, and their goalie was pony... But seems we played well, and two from two, can't ask for more than that!
  • Options
    RD has made many mistakes in his time as owner,the biggest being not being aware of what a great asset he owns.
    He seems to have let Bowyer have autonomy of the playing side of the club.

I wouldn't mind betting Bowyer insisted on that as part of the terms of renewing his contract.

• Options
    Cracking game, crowd were great. Any idea on the attendance? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Cracking game, crowd were great. Any idea on the attendance? 
  • Options
    Just out of interest how similar is Gallagher’s style of play to a certain Scotty Parker in his prime? 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    RD has made many mistakes in his time as owner,the biggest being not being aware of what a great asset he owns.
    He seems to have let Bowyer have autonomy of the playing side of the club.

I wouldn't mind betting Bowyer insisted on that as part of the terms of renewing his contract.

I think this has been the case for a while, he doesn't care enough to be actively involved.