Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Stoke | Sat 10 Aug 2019 | 3pm KO | POST-MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    What a result! Thouhgt we got a little bit lucky, but long may that continue.
    Very impressed with Locker,Gallagher and Leko )though he seemed to fade away)

3 shots on target with 3 goals aint bad.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    You do all realise that once Roland is made aware of our start to the season, he will be dreaming of the Premier League!!!!
    Pessimism = Proper Charlton
  • Options
    Had to double-take with the fact Jack Butland is in The Championship. Four years ago he was perhaps among the best 3 keepers in the PL, imho.
    Never that good but certainly too good for this league. But then the first goal said otherwise. 
  • Options
    That was fun. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A lot of people deserve credit for last seasons heroics, the teams mentality, their relationship with the fans and the start we have made to this season, but, ultimately it’s down to Lee Bowyer. What a job he is doing. Phenomenal.

Long may it continue.

COYR.
  • Options
    A lot of people deserve credit for last seasons heroics, the teams mentality, their relationship with the fans and the start we have made to this season, but, ultimately it’s down to Lee Bowyer. What a job he is doing. Phenomenal.

Long may it continue.

COYR.
    I so agree. Bowyer is with us at the right time ... a combination which will achieve far more than people outside Charlton expected. 
  • Options
    How Cullen didn't make their first team squad is beyond me. Quality player. 
    To be honest, it is a mistake on their part but who cares. Our gain!
  • Options
    Great result and we still have Kayal and Field to come in to the team.
    Sloppy at the back at times and put ourselves under pressure too often. 
    Gallagher is absolute Mustard and thoroughly deserved his goal. Williams was immense as well.
  • Options
    Still got Kayal, Field and potentially Hemed to add to that team/squad as well, not one of which you'd honestly call much of a downgrade. At least one more striker and right back cover to add if possible for purposes of injury, suspension etc. but we might actually have depth for once.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Only played the bottom two...
    Not one of the teams who will be there in May though, don’t play one of them until 9th November. 
  • Options
    Stoke have a big budget - don't they still have the parachute payments. It was a great result. Second half, I felt we were the more likely to win it before we scored. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    In 2 minds, first was bloody angry last Saturday got to Gatwick thought by the time I arrive in Italy I can watch/ listen to match. Inevitably the flight was delayed so on flight for the match, got there and got texts from my son great result.
     Today thought I might be able to see match with Valley pass oh shit, the first time I take my Tablet not laptop so could only listen my Son and brother went. Text each other for goals.
     Another great result landlady thinks I am either umbriaco or unpatzo jumping up and shouting when we scored. Oh well more vino and Grappa now to celebrate.  At least I will be back next week. 
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer teams certainly keep us entertained ... long may it continue. 
  • Options
    Bowyer is not the sort to settle for a point. He'd rather lose one going for three. I think he is really special. We have to remember that we still have a lot of gelling to do - and I think we are going to get stronger. The management team seem to always get the calls right with transfers.