Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++ Tomer Hemed (p47 gone to New Zealand) ++

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    it's taken you nearly two weeks to tells us that I was expecting clarification from you a lot earlier
    I have it from an excellent source that we were 96 seconds late, and that we were appealing on the grounds that “we did everything right, but your system sucks”. 
    I didn’t want to jeopardise the appeal by posting on here - especially as everything was done in time at the BHA end. 
    All”s well that ends well !
    One of the problems nowadays is which time you are using. One would think GMT, but phones and computers are usually out by a minute.
    Seeing that we are based in the borough of Greenwich, surely WE should have the final say as to what time is!
    I think you will find we did!
  • Options
    Really interesting. I imagine he arrived at the same time as Kayal (probably in the same car!), took their photos at the same session but his transfer was the one which hit a snag.
    Was there anything stopping him from training with us during the past 11 days? 
    I think I heard he just had a baby - I assume that if that wasn't the case he would have been training
    Bloody hell, if he's just had a baby he'll be out for months doing his pelvic floor exercises 😎😎
  • Options
    Very happy he's finally signed.
    However, I'm a bit torn on the whole delay thing...

On the one hand, I want to say:
    "Phew, we got him, now let's forget about the saga with the FA/EFL, we got 7 points from our first 3 games, so no harm done."

On the other hand, I'm thinking:
    "So what was the bloody hold up? What was happening? Whose fault was it? I want answers!"

Should we be seeking answers or should we just, as is often suggested on here, 'move on'?
    Apologies for quoting myself, but having given this more thought, I’m increasingly of the opinion that it’s important that there is a full explanation.
    Someone else pointed out that officials and fans of other clubs might well be saying “Hang on, what’s going on here?”

The fact that no explanation has been given yet just gives off a bit of a smell.
  • Options
    I wonder if fans of other clubs in the Championship are thinking

"Hang on, the window has closed but that's the second player Charlton have signed. First Otzumer and now Hemed, how is that fair?"

Who cares?
  • Options
    Very happy he's finally signed.
    However, I'm a bit torn on the whole delay thing...

On the one hand, I want to say:
    "Phew, we got him, now let's forget about the saga with the FA/EFL, we got 7 points from our first 3 games, so no harm done."

On the other hand, I'm thinking:
    "So what was the bloody hold up? What was happening? Whose fault was it? I want answers!"

Should we be seeking answers or should we just, as is often suggested on here, 'move on'?
    Apologies for quoting myself, but having given this more thought, I’m increasingly of the opinion that it’s important that there is a full explanation.
    Someone else pointed out that officials and fans of other clubs might well be saying “Hang on, what’s going on here?”

The fact that no explanation has been given yet just gives off a bit of a smell.
    I'm wondering if the EFL are satisfied with our evidence /reasoning on the submission being a matter of second late but don't want to publicise that as it may well set a precedent and create a repeated game where other clubs try it on.

Or I am given them too much credit for actually thinking and they are just incompetent.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    it's taken you nearly two weeks to tells us that I was expecting clarification from you a lot earlier
    I have it from an excellent source that we were 96 seconds late, and that we were appealing on the grounds that “we did everything right, but your system sucks”. 
    I didn’t want to jeopardise the appeal by posting on here - especially as everything was done in time at the BHA end. 
    One of the problems nowadays is which time you are using. One would think GMT, but phones and computers are usually out by a minute.
    Seeing that we are based in the borough of Greenwich, surely WE should have the final say as to what time is!
    And there we have the upheld grounds for the appeal. Clearly unarguable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grape my man. I usually love your posts. But wtf was this last one about????
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So extreme I posted it twice
  • Options
    Maybe i'm a simple man but i prefer a post along the lines of : Great news should help us up front massively but why the delay in the first place?
  • Options
    We are told that Brighton did what they had to do and sent in all the paper work correctly, and we have also heard that his contract was cancelled.

At that point he was presumably a free agent and the time we sent in our paperwork was irrelevant. 

I think this this is the final conclusion that has allowed him to join us.

Before they came to that decision they may have had to look at the ‘deal’ to establish if this was actually the case; or if it was a transfer and outside the rules.

The paper work would need to be reviewed to establish who is paying what to whom and when. 

This is my guess as to why there was a delay.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    We are told that Brighton did what they had to do and sent in all the paper work correctly, and we have also heard that his contract was cancelled.

At that point he was presumably a free agent and the time we sent in our paperwork was irrelevant. 

I think this this is the final conclusion that has allowed him to join us.

Before they came to that decision they may have had to look at the ‘deal’ to establish if this was actually the case; or if it was a transfer and outside the rules.

The paper work would need to be reviewed to establish who is paying what to whom and when. 

This is my guess as to why there was a delay.
    I think you are probably right. When organisations put in rules they tend to not like it if smart people actually read them and make them work in their own favour. And it wouldn’t surprise me if it then had to be passed to a key decision maker who was on their summer hols and only came back on Monday. No, hang on, it’s the EFL, that last bit clearly can’t be right...
  • Options

The negative outcome is such an approach to an industry heavily politically organisation will have people running for cover, buck passing, decision avoidance and arse covering at every stage of the process. There is nothing like the prospect of potential legal action to create "corporate" turmoil.

Exactly this.

Used the same approach recently myself, though I got a response quicker than 11 days.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    And there we have the upheld grounds for the appeal. Clearly unarguable.
    Especially as it's the Royal Borough and if they kicked up too much of a fuss Liz would just say "Orf with their heads".
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    We are all very intrigued as to what caused the delay.....with just about as many different takes on it as people you see post on here, as well as those you speak to, if I said there were over 200+ differing opinions and assumptions I don’t think I’d be far out......I know I had a few myself.
    One major thing I never did grasp was why The FA seemed to kick it around for a while then pass it onto The EFL only for them to follow suit......it would seem like there were different problems, one which The FA had to deal with and one The EFL had to deal with. We know the FA have a cut off time of 5.00pm, do The EFL also have time lines for the ‘unknown’ actions they had to take.....no one seems to know?
    Whoever can come up with the full intriguing story.....    (Richard Cawley/ Louis Mend maybe?), will get massive kudos......get to it guys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are all very intrigued as to what caused the delay.....with just about as many different takes on it as people you see post on here, as well as those you speak to, if I said there were over 200+ differing opinions and assumptions I don’t think I’d be far out......I know I had a few myself.
    One major thing I never did grasp was why The FA seemed to kick it around for a while then pass it onto The EFL only for them to follow suit......it would seem like there were different problems, one which The FA had to deal with and one The EFL had to deal with. We know the FA have a cut off time of 5.00pm, do The EFL also have time lines for the ‘unknown’ actions they had to take.....no one seems to know?
    Whoever can come up with the full intriguing story.....    (Richard Cawley/ Louis Moult maybe?), will get massive kudos......get to it guys.
    Let it lie.

We have what we want and I can’t see what is to be gained by us making it an issue. We like to know everything, and like undisclosed transfers, it is a little annoying, but let’s get on with the football.

• Options
    Whoever can come up with the full intriguing story.....    (Richard Cawley/ Louis Moult maybe?), will get massive kudos......get to it guys.
    We got what we wanted...

If other clubs in the EFL have a problem with it, let them do the investigating/running around/pay the costs for finding out what happened.
  • Options
    Response to the news from my BHA-supporting cousin:-

Hemed and Kayal are both excellent acquisitions for the Championship. Kayal particularly, I really like the guy. I think Hemed is decent but was always in Murray’s shadow at Brighton. 

Two years ago we were in a bar in Berlin and we got talking to three younger people that all worked in the same office. They came from Finland, Roumania and Israel.  I got talking football with the guy and he said he was a Brighton fan. ‘Me too’ I said. He was an Israeli Brighton fan because of Kayal and Hemed. Maybe he’s just become a Charlton fan
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Redrobo said:
    Let it lie.

We have what we want and I can’t see what is to be gained by us making it an issue. We like to know everything, and like undisclosed transfers, it is a little annoying, but let’s get on with the football.

I don’t want to make a big issue out of it, absolutely astounded that you’d think that A.... I can or B......even want to do that.........I am just very fascinated as to what the issues were and why it took so long.......that’s all. I am 100% certain that I am not alone in wanting to know either.
    Is that OK with you or do I need your permission to have an enquiring mind about the workings and machinations of The FA & The EFL, or maybe that’s not allowed?
    Just how wanting to know about this curious turn of events involving our club could in any way shape or form have a negative effect on the club, Hemed or the team is absurd, if that’s what you’re trying to infer Robo?
    The fault obviously lies with one or both of them as we were successful in our application, so we have nothing to bother about re being at fault, otherwise the transfer would not have been completed.
    We have been discussing what the hell was going on for about the last two weeks, with hundreds of posts on the subject, is it little wonder that many of us are interested to have some answers......of course not.
    This thread happens to be about the long and protracted Hemed transfer, there are plenty of other threads devoted to the football side of things to which I and many others regularly contribute.
    Extraordinary that you should think otherwise Robo.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Very slippery, top delving @Callumcafc 👍
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    It doesn't explain why the @EFL were not answering calls/emails to Steve Gallen!
    We'll have too assume they were too busy!!
  • Options
    All the time waiting and he isnt even on the bench haha, probably a lack of fitness and hopefully see him Saturday
  • Options
    Waiting for EFL to send his registration papers. 11 days tops.