Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Deputy Chief Constable Rachel Swann's hair

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    How can you not class that Barnet as extreme lol
    If it was a bloke you'd write it off as he's just got spiky hair with highlights.

I don't like it as a hair cut, but I am pretty sure she can put headgear on over it. (One of the regs) 

Police officers should always be in their hats IMO, unless of course indoors and giving an interview should be no different. 

I mean seriously, it's just hair.
    Fucking hell Daz, you're making it sound like I'm really upset about it.

Its absolute shocking hair, but I'm sure ill get over it.
    Sorry that was an edit, in which I meant to also respond to Croydon stating that saying her hair was not extreme is me trying to appear Liberal. I'm not that liberal as has been seen when I have called out people for being over liberal. 

For me it's whether it breaks regs and it seems it is on the fence. It's not that extreme... certainly not a mohawk or viking style cut, also not a skinhead etc all of which I'd say are more extreme. It's also not flamboyant colours. therefore so long as her hat covers it that'd be the end of it for me...

However if it's glued up and stiff like in 'There's something about Mary' then I think someone should have a quiet word and tell her to change it up so she can wear her head gear. 
  • Options
    p.s I do agree it's the haircut I might expect of a 14 year old, that's just discovered ultra strong hold gel... Doesn't make it wrong, but does look a bit silly and should be covered up with her police hat... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    How can you not class that Barnet as extreme lol
    If it was a bloke you'd write it off as he's just got spiky hair with highlights.

I don't like it as a hair cut, but I am pretty sure she can put headgear on over it. (One of the regs) 

Police officers should always be in their hats IMO, unless of course indoors and giving an interview should be no different. 

I mean seriously, it's just hair.
    Fucking hell Daz, you're making it sound like I'm really upset about it.

Its absolute shocking hair, but I'm sure ill get over it.

You sure mate?  #prayforgary

Is there something you want to tell us mate?

• Options
    Leave her the frig alone and let her get on with her job.  She can do whatever she wants as long as she does her job properly and how she gets hat hair for duty is no ones business but her own. 

Whether you believe the regs are outdated is not the issue. 

Whether she is confident and efficient is not the issue. 

The issue is there are currently regulations which means ALL officers are expected to comply with them. You know that when you sign up. 

Breaking regulations and looks utterly unprofessional to boot. 

Standards. 

I have no idea what the regulations are about what hair style you can have as a police officer. 
  • Options
    I only need two more for a full house...
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Leave her the frig alone and let her get on with her job.  She can do whatever she wants as long as she does her job properly and how she gets hat hair for duty is no ones business but her own. 

Whether you believe the regs are outdated is not the issue. 

Whether she is confident and efficient is not the issue. 

The issue is there are currently regulations which means ALL officers are expected to comply with them. You know that when you sign up. 

Breaking regulations and looks utterly unprofessional to boot. 

Standards. 

I have no idea what the regulations are about what hair style you can have as a police officer. 
    As Dazzler posted on Page 1;

4.4.1 Hair. 
    It should be clean, neat and tidy. It should be worn so that it is cut or secured above the 
    collar and ears and presents a professional image. Hair motifs, colour, patterns and 
    extreme styles are not appropriate and should not prevent the wearing of headgear.
  • Options
    who cares its a hair cut 
  • Options
    who cares its a hair cut 
    Don't you ever get tired of being so progressive? 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe they tell communities to behave or they'll send her their way.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    who cares its a hair cut 
    If I must be chucked down a police station stairs on the way to the cells, I don't want it done by a plod who looks like one of Jedwood.
  • Options
    Looks like she tapped her taser to her truncheon.
  • Options
    In my opinion the word 'professional' is one of the most meaningless yet insidious words in the language.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    In my opinion the word 'professional' is one of the most meaningless yet insidious words in the language.

Is that your professional opinion?
  • Options
    Chizz is secretly one of the most virulent and (sometimes) accomplished firestarters on CL
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chizz is secretly one of the most virulent and (sometimes) accomplished firestarters on CL

A hint of jealousy there Leuth!  :)
  • Options
    Oh, I don't even try any more. It doesn't go well
  • Options
    Are we signing her hair today?

On a perm.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
     Exactly it's too high level these days. A professional tattooists hair is likely very different to a professional bankers hair or a professional hairdressers hair.

What kind of professional image are we talking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Watch it sunshine.

• Options

Come on Suz, you've got to admit it is a bit of a shocker? 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I don't like the 3 page thread about a woman's hair.  I don't know her name, I don't know what she did, or what she does (except she's in the police and people don't like her hair cut) but it doesn't sit right with me, some of the comments are worse than others. 

• Options
    Whether or not individuals like her hairstyle is fatuous nonsense. As an ACC she has a public facing role. It appears she places her statement coif over her professional public perception. Therein lies the problem. I bet her superiors have been wringing their hands vacillating over thinking they’ll risk accusations of bigotry when what’s really in issue is credibility. Styling one’s Barnet like a pencil topper Troll ideally shouldn’t compromise your credibility but in reactionary old England of course it does. Plus there’s no way she can get her uniform hat on   If I lived in a flood threatened town I’d have the hump were it obvious the local plod commander spent longer on her hairdo than was absolutely necessary 

lets give the job to a bald old man then. so we can be sure that he put the communities needs over his hair styling regime. 
    precisely the quasi-liberal cul-de-sac up which her superiors have driven themselves.
    It doesn't matter one iota who the police officer is, or how they choose to identify themself, what matters is that they fulfill their role.  An  ACC's role is public facing, unquestioned credibility is essential, anything to distract from that has to be avoided.  Swann's chosen appearance is a distraction.   The bald old man of your example: would it be appropriate for him to wear a neon yellow dyed goatee?  "It's his style, it's how he chooses to represent himself".  Would you consider that would be seen as an impairment to his public facing role?
    Criticism of her appearance in her professional role is just that.  It isn't all veiled epithets inspired by bigoted reaction based on assumptions supposedly made about any other matters, a week ago nobody outside derbyshire p.s. had the faintest idea who she is.   They do now and that's for one reason and one reason only.
    5 seconds self-awareness and she'd have slicked it down, jammed her uniform cap on top and remained virtually anonymous.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Are you Customer Relations chief for Southeastern trains?  
  • Options
    It is 2019 not 1920, although I do find her hair style different.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I don't like the 3 page thread about a woman's hair.  I don't know her name, I don't know what she did, or what she does (except she's in the police and people don't like her hair cut) but it doesn't sit right with me, some of the comments are worse than others. 

I do think if the officer was male and had a similar haircut there would still be a thread about it taking the piss.  

• Options
    Right you fucking liberal leaning soft shites...
    A copper

Jedwood.

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Curb_It said:

I do think if the officer was male and had a similar haircut there would still be a thread about it taking the piss.  

Perhaps.  We'll have to agree to disagree on this one B.  I'm off to the hairdressers, not sure what to go for. I know what not to go for! You at the match Saturday? 
  • Options
    I thought she spoke well when interviewed the other day at Whaley Bridge. However, there is an obvious first impression issue which questions her credibility.