Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will Bowyer eventually walk out?

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Bowyer to Leeds when Bielsa leaves? Brilliant bit of politicing by Lee. Leeds fans already seem to notice. :'(

• edited August 2019
    Lee knows that he's reputation will improve 10 fold if he does a good job with a divvy owner and no money. He knows he's a good egg and not to get ideas above his station. If he does a great job he'll either stay at Charlton or move on for more cash. If he "fails", it'll be because he wasn't supported financially. Win win. And he knows it. 
  • Eventually he will, but not now and not before he has a better option to walk into.
  • I would imagine Lee Bowyer will stay till the end of this season and then assess.  He may move up to a more ambitious Championship club or go back to fishing.

If Duchatelet is still the owner in May 20/20, which is very likely unless RD family can influence him to retire. 

Challenging times to be Charlton fans just like most of the 98 years since we stopped being a boys club because of the shite owners who can never wait to sell our talented young players.

Ps. Richard Murray who is now persona non Grata at least stopped the trend until Parker threw his toys out the pram when we were 4th in the League to go to a lower ranked shit house of a football team. (Even a million pound loyalty bonus couldnt stop him going)
  • edited August 2019
    We keep having this question raised and the answer won’t change. He knows the situation and was happy to sign up to it and work with it. He’s also now being decently paid.

He will be Leeds manager though in the next 12 months if they don’t get promoted or Bielsa leaves mid-season, that I’m sure
  • edited August 2019
    We keep having this question raised and the answer won’t change. He knows the situation and was happy to sign up to it and work with it. He’s also now being decently paid.

He will be Leeds manager though in the next 12 months if they don’t get promoted or Bielsa leaves mid-season, that I’m sure
    And if it was mid Season and Leeds were desperate, Duchatelet would let him break his contract and Leeds pay it off, plus admin fees I would imagine. Lee Bowyer would apologize to Cafc fans.
  • Bowyer is being loyal to the club. But he is also in a no lose position. Any success he gains, as limited as it will be, will impress people. He won't have a problem finding a decent job sticking it out and only having a year extension helps him. 
  • If RD remains as owner LB will leave - its just a question of when.
  • Bowyer to Leeds when Bielsa leaves? Brilliant bit of politicing by Lee. Leeds fans already seem to notice. :'(

Yeah I noticed this in the interview

Would hate to ask him who he'd prefer to help out if it means relegation for us yet promotion for them

Imagine it'll be one of those scenarios where Lee would feel like the loser whatever happened
  • Sponsored links:

• If the latest rumours are true regarding Taylor to Brentford  Bowyer may well walk.
    Who could blame him.
  • edited August 2019
    If Lee walked, who the hell could Roland persuade to replace him? What sort of sales pitch could he give an prospective manager? 

Id hope Jacko wouldnt stick around either. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    If Lee walked, who the hell could Roland persuade to replace him? What sort of sales pitch could he give an prospective manager? 

I'm sure KR would come back or one of the useless foreign managers.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Hes sold most of his teams now, I dont think he has anyone left to parachute in?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Hes sold most of his teams now, I dont think he has anyone left to parachute in?
    How many out of work ex Charlton ex network managers are there? There's a lot to choose from.
  • If Taylor goes,I think Bowyer might say Bollocks to this Im going fishing.
  • Bowyer to Leeds when Bielsa leaves? Brilliant bit of politicing by Lee. Leeds fans already seem to notice. :'(

Unless something goes majorly wrong at Leeds, such as relegation, I really can't see this happening anytime soon.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

How many out of work ex Charlton ex network managers are there? There's a lot to choose from.
    I can feel the Karel Fraeye winking meme coming.....
  • CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

I can feel the Karel Fraeye winking meme coming.....
    We should sell Lyle, get Bowyer to leave and get KF or Nobby Vinegar to preside over our relegation.
  • Lee is a thoroughly honourable bloke, with a great affection for the club. He is also an intelligent man and knows that he is pissing in the wind with Duchatelet. Once a few managers are sacked a couple of months into the season, I’m sure he will have other offers coming his way. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:
    Lee is a thoroughly honourable bloke, with a great affection for the club. He is also an intelligent man and knows that he is pissing in the wind with Duchatelet. Once a few managers are sacked a couple of months into the season, I’m sure he will have other offers coming his way. 
    We all know how the story will end....
  • Blucher said:
    Lee is a thoroughly honourable bloke, with a great affection for the club. He is also an intelligent man and knows that he is pissing in the wind with Duchatelet. Once a few managers are sacked a couple of months into the season, I’m sure he will have other offers coming his way. 
    We all know how the story will end....
    Indeed - Duchatelet will accept very modest compensation and enjoy the immediate salary saving with Lee off the payroll. He will doubtless find some low grade idiot to act as ‘head coach’ for a derisory amount and all will be well in Rolandland.
  • if Taylor goes then expect an empty seat at Thursdays press conference where Bowyer use to sit with a"gone fishing" sign on it
  • edited August 2019
    Its gonna be hard for LB to cover for RD at a press conference if Lyle does go. RD is basically sabotaging his squad. 

If Lee just shrugs his shoulders when asked about it, and replies with something like "well its his club", its going to start making Lee look weak. 
  • Sad situation for him - can only see him resigning or being lured by another club tbh. How can he keep proving himself when all his assets are being sold from under him.
  • Expect 8 empty seats in the East.
  • Davo55 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Davo55 said:
    If he did, he would drop Duchatelet right in the shit. But he won't.
    Hang on Duchatelet wants us to fail, so why would that "drop him right in the shit"? 
    Because Bowyer is probably the only manager who stands a chance of keeping us up in the Championship. And being in the Championship, with a league one budget, enables Duchatelet to break even, aided by the sale of yet another young player from  the academy production line. No Bowyer league one becomes much more likely, less income, no break even = in the shit.
    I know all that, but if RD wants us to fail, Bower going would achieve that, so will hardly piss RD off will it?

Either RD doesn't want us to fail then Bowyer walking would piss him off, or RD does and it wont.  You can't argue it both ways. 
  • edited August 2019
    Good managers, in all businesses, thrive in times of adversity, some even prefer to work whan everything goes against them. If you succeed when times are bad it's a better achievement than succeeding when everything is hunky dory.

I'm not saying Bowyer's that type of person but he must consider working for Roland to be a major challenge and outsiders will notice this as well. It will hold him in good stead in his future career if he comes out of this period of uncertainty with his head held high and if we miraculously stay in the Championship with RD still as owner then I reckon Lee will be in demand.

Regardless of that, walking away and taking his whole coaching team with him must be tempting!

• Considering how hard Bowyer pushed to get the pay rise (which he deserved), I’d be surprised if he just walked away from that. No manager just walks away from a contract in this day and age.