Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug 2019 | POST-MATCH VIEWS

Comments

• Big win against relegation rival. 
  • I see Barnsley, Millwall, QPR and Wigan all won today, a good day for the strugglers...
  • thenewbie said:
    Big chances seems to have overlooked the JFC miss from Morgan's pass.
    Was a pretty good save from Walton
    It was a good block rather than a bad miss.
    Taylor had more space to the right of Albie but it was still a well executed pass and I defo don't want Morgan to go out on loan.

Yeah we can play "what if" but it was not a bad decision or even a bad shot. The keeper did well.
    Did you read what I said ?
    ... I was agreeing? Sorry if that is a problem for you.
  • Just want to point out when I say we were a s**thouse side I mean by how much we rattle other fans with our game management and show a bit of fight, by no means do I class us as a chancer team, we played some good football today considering the circumstances. 
  • Said it on match thread, fuck the doom merchants on here having a dig whenever possible, pisses me off the site is being overrun with wankers lately trying to score points.
    Can't wait for Stoke at home and honestly don't care if we lose. 
    It's Charlton. 
    OK, calm down.
  • We will only get better, young players gelling and new loan signings to come, but if we get through August not too unscathed we will be just fine that’s for sure.
  • edited August 2019
    IR94 said:
    tony mowbray must be the ugliest manager in the world, face like a disgruntled goblin

Dowie ?

A bit late, already mentioned & he's ex manager .........blast :-(
  • Still a long season ahead despite that unexpected and magnificent result today. You just know Lee Bowyer will put that win on the mantelpiece and forget about it and move on to the next battle. What’s being created at The Valley against all the odds is starting to look a little bit special. Never saw that result coming but the players are doing us proud and Lee Bowyer is just pure quality. Next couple of games will tell us a lot more than today did but my god we will definitely give this season a go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    JFC wasted that chance, but it didn't cost us so no harm done.
    Exactly, we won End of
  • edited August 2019
    Awestruck by this result, can only help bring in quality last minute loans.

Can’t wait to get out of this shocking league ;-)
  • Its a great start and we have Stoke at home next week who lost to QPR today & haven't improved since Nathan Jones took over
    despite him doing a great job at Luton! We will hopefully have a new signing or 2 by then as Lee is still hoping to get new signings in so reasons to be positive?
  • Brilliant result. Remain very very concerned by the side / squad and that fear was reinforced today but absolutely buzzzing to get some points away today and the more we can pick up early season while our backbone and confidence is still in place the better as I fear there’ll be a struggle at some stage. 

Defence did well, midfield lacking and Lyle lonely on top but hoping some more midfielders and maybe Gallagher can help step it up.

good that stoke lost - let’s hope we can catch them on a downer and get some more points on the board next week
  • Nah
    Do as I say, not as I do. Got it!

• Limbs + Bowyer = doing the LimBo!!!! 
  • Been umpiring all afternoon and waiting for highlights on Quest. Do they have a thing against us like SKY? Would’ve said we were one of the results of the day. :angry:
  • Dannoo_86 said:
    Currently sat at Oxford services, it was a proper smash and grab performance superb tactics from bowyer and Jackson. Well worth the 9 hour round car journey up the reds!!!
    Disagree with Smash and Grab. We had more clear cut chances than them. In fact, they had one, that I can remember, to our six 
  • Sponsored links:

• Been umpiring all afternoon and waiting for highlights on Quest. Do they have a thing against us like SKY? Would’ve said we were one of the results of the day. :angry:
    Should’ve interviewed Lee after that. 
    Great result. Well done the lads. 
  • Conor Gallagher whilst not getting much time to shine showed glimmers of another gem that Bowyer / Gallen have unearthed

Dont write like a giddy girl. If they had found him playing in the Isthmian South Central you could use "unearthed" but a player voted "Young Player of  the Year" for one of the top ten clubs in the world does not take a lot of digging to "unearth".
    Evening captain buzzkill 
  • Fuck the result , just hope the little lad who had his ears blown off by our fans is alright 
  • clb74 said:
    Fuck the result , just hope the little lad who had his ears blown off by our fans is alright 
    What's that about mate? 
  • That was a turn up!

I didn't follow it live as we were out and about so imagine my delight when I was able to check the result.

If we want to stay up getting something at places like Blackburn is imperative. What a great start. Let's hope we can stick it up Stoke next week at The Valley to make our start even better.
  • edited August 2019
    The squad needs strengthening with another 4 or 5, but if Bowyer brings in a couple in at the level of Gallagher then the whole team will go up a few notches. I think the stats showed they had 2 shots on target and we had 5. We had the better chances, so defensively we did very well even if we conceded a soft one. I thought Taylor was looking more like Taylor against Villa and I know he is the type of player that will do well in this league. He has the game. He is strong and even good defenders struggle against players who are a fair bit stronger than them. 
  • edited August 2019
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    Big chances seems to have overlooked the JFC miss from Morgan's pass.
    Was a pretty good save from Walton
    It was a good block rather than a bad miss.
    Taylor had more space to the right of Albie but it was still a well executed pass and I defo don't want Morgan to go out on loan.

Yeah we can play "what if" but it was not a bad decision or even a bad shot. The keeper did well.
    Did you read what I said ?
    ... I was agreeing? Sorry if that is a problem for you.
    Sorry @thenewbie my mistake.

I was really pleased that when Williams put that sweet ball in the area for Purrington's goal, Dijksteel did the overlap to give another option. 

• Said it on match thread, fuck the doom merchants on here having a dig whenever possible, pisses me off the site is being overrun with wankers lately trying to score points.
    Can't wait for Stoke at home and honestly don't care if we lose. 
    It's Charlton. 
    OK, calm down.
    I'm fine mate, honest, it's football, I've got a life outside it.
    Some people just love to moan and moan and moan about anything and everything to do with the club. 

Yes, it's not in a good state but it's better than it was 4 months ago. 

People go on as if there's nothing else to worry about in their life. 
    no you aint