Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug 2019 | POST-MATCH VIEWS

Comments

• Amazing.

Prediction was 1-1 Lyle with a clever flick changed that!
  • That was fantastic.... so easily could have been 3 at the end, Morgan's close control is terrific, Gallagher looks like a top-quality player and this will give the potential loanees really believe it'll be a decent season, also the crowd for next week will get a boost after this ... 

Really good signs... 

Surprised and impressed
  • Those doom and gloom merchants on the predictions thread should hang their heads. The consensus seemed to be a 3-0 defeat and a hammering.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bring on fcking stoke I say!!!!

well done boys! Can’t wait to get back to The Valley next week 
  • Get in ... watched on VP and this was a result built on a solid performance by the midfield and defence. Pearce was immense and lead by example. Blackburn hardly had a sniff and if it wasn't for the freak own goal, it would have been a perfect performance. From memory, we had six very good opportunities to score and we took two. The young lad from Chelsea fitted in nicely and was unlucky not to score and Albie 'he's one of our own' Morgan set up JFC with a sublime pass.

If we can get in the five players that Bowyer wants and if we can stay injury free, based upon this performance, we could just maybe have a half decent season ... Maybe
  • Well done to the lads!
    Fuck off to the Roland!
  • edited August 2019
    They dominated us for most of the game but they didn't have many (if any) clear cut chances and their goal was an unfortunate OG.

Whilst we didn't have as much possession, we had a few good chances (Taylor just after our first, JFC 1-on-1, etc.) and the build up to Purrington's goal was excellent. They had more possession but we were more threatening with the little we had which is promising. 

All in all I'd say we deserved that win. 

Defensively excellent. Purrington showed again what a player he is and that he is more than just a 'Mr Consistent' or a '7/10 each week'. Pearce, Lockyer and Dijksteel looked more than comfortable against Championship opposition. 
  • Laps great, Pratley great, Williams great. 
    Purr MOM. 
  • Brilliant result
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer is a class above, gutsy performance, midfield worked their nuts off after a dodgy first 25 mins. New Chelsea lad had about 5 touches but all looked quality. Pearce was immense.
  • Just want to add (sarcastically) roly will not sanction any more transfers now.

Should of let them win to get more transfers in.

Yessssssssss COYR 
  • Take that result all day long.!    Told ya WRITTEN IN THE STARS!
  • Another 37 points and we're safe!  Trust in LB. Yes we will have reversals but we will surprise a few teams as Lee has instilled a mentality of never say die. 
  • Wow not going to lie didn't see that coming after half hour. Fantastic gutsy performance, reminded me of when Curbs was in charge when we would go away somewhere and grind out a result against all odds. Defence was very good and worked their socks off, especially Pearce. Midfield struggled as we all expected them too. Desperately need 4/5 more players. We were poor for the first half hour of the 1st and 2nd half. We wont get away with that week in week out. 

Didn't think much of Blackburn, for all their possession they didn't create very much, I know we can't go on about the past but if we had last seasons midfield I think we would have won comfortably. 

Well done to Bowyer and the boys cracking start to the season, now to bring in those players to strengthen us.

• I'll be slated for daring to say anything negative about the demi God Sarr but I'm still not convinced. Pearce and Lockyer please Lee.
    Naby Sarr's problem is he's exposed and vulnerable, left side in a 3 at the back.
    And he knows it.

He was doing really well second half of last season at left sided CB in a back 4.
    And that built his self belief to Beckensarr proportions.

But left CB is Pearcey's position - and the Nabster is never going to dislodge the old warhorse after today's showing.