Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer - “I feel like Del Boy”

2»

Comments

• Anyone see similarities between Bowyer / Graham and Morgan / Bowyer towards the end of that article
  • Thanks, Henry!

• Does this mean Roland is Boycie?
    Yep lol remember when Boycie wouldn't even pay this own brother in law Bronko his full pay for painting his vestibule in his mansion! Was meant to be £400 which they agreed on and then Boycie refused saying the work was bad , and he tells Delboy I'm only gonna pay Bronko £200!  Thats Roland
  • 3 points at rovers, lovely jubbley.
  • 3 points at rovers, lovely jubbley.
    Image result for jubbly
  • Only a pony in his pocket
    But Always gets us thé right Man
    Cos if you want thé best'uns
    And you dont Ask questions
    Then Lee Bowyer, he's thé man
  • uie2 said:
    Does this mean Roland is Boycie?
    Yep lol remember when Boycie wouldn't even pay this own brother in law Bronko his full pay for painting his vestibule in his mansion! Was meant to be £400 which they agreed on and then Boycie refused saying the work was bad , and he tells Delboy I'm only gonna pay Bronko £200!  Thats Roland
    Or The Aussies!
  • Sponsored links:

• Of course he has learned from other managers but he is his own man. 

• my go at it, ive stolen some of the other peoples line though

With just a pony in his pocket
    Hes always getting us the right man
    Cos if you want the best'uns
    And you don't ask question 
    Then Lee Bowyer hes yer man

Where Gallon finds the players its a mystery
    But he gets them all on loan or there on a free
    Bowyer and Jackson they both got us up
    If Douch gave us a budget we would win the cup

La la la la
    La la la la
    La la la la

• Or, just sing the OFAH song as it currently is. Rodney and his mum were Addicks after all and there is a big south London connection 
  • cafctom said:
    Or, just sing the OFAH song as it currently is. Rodney and his mum were Addicks after all and there is a big south London connection 
    Agree

No need to change it
  • Does the drummer in the Covered End Upper do requests? He can try OFAH and if it doesn't catch on switch seemlessly to Red Army.
  • Of course Bowyer mentioned it so undertandable to make the analogy, but Delboy was useless (that was part of the comedy) and Bowyer is brilliant.
  • I think bowyer will eventually prove to be "The special one".

As long as his internal fight and drive doesn't decrease.

If and when he moves on from Charlton, I think he is going to prove to be one of the English based great managers.
    As long as he times it well.

He likes it at Charlton, because he knows what it's about. It's simple enough, he has the support and enough control and power to do this job in the way that he wants to.

It's not just that...I don't think.

• How about just singing a single line ...La la la la la, la la la la la la, Jacko  is our Rodders and Lee Bo-wyer is Del!
  • Dave2l said:
    I think bowyer will eventually prove to be "The special one".

As long as his internal fight and drive doesn't decrease.

If and when he moves on from Charlton, I think he is going to prove to be one of the English based great managers.
    As long as he times it well.

He likes it at Charlton, because he knows what it's about. It's simple enough, he has the support and enough control and power to do this job in the way that he wants to.

It's not just that...I don't think.

I am certain of it. It is a bit controversial this - and there are some very intelligent players. Look at Lyle Taylor for instance. But there are a bigger percentage of thick ones. When managers are taken from this pool, as they naturally are, you get a lot of poor managers. They know tactics, they know football, but they don't know how to find a way. Unless they are given lots of money. The truly great managers find a way. Bowyer finds a way It isn't always the same way, but they find it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• He is a smart bloke. He can motivate players and see things before they happen.

He has a vague "keep it simple, stupid" About him.
  • deep stuff from Bows (only his mum calls him Lee when she wants to tell him off) in his Times interview .. 'to catch a carp, he must think like a carp' .. VERY oriental grasshopper .. no doubt his years away from the game have given him the time and peace to really analyse his life.
    The Times interview covers much the same ground (and more) as does the Sun but in less colloquial and sensationalist terms. Both are well worth a good read
  • cafctom said:
    Or, just sing the OFAH song as it currently is. Rodney and his mum were Addicks after all and there is a big south London connection 
    Rodney was Chelsea. His mum and dad (Robdall) Charlton.