Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    Sooooo.... If I already paid £60 for the audio and general VP subscription... Can I upgrade that to video for an extra £50?

I don't need both!
    Probably worth emailing them to ask

Dont think its the case though as the Streaming Pass gives you just that and none of the in depth comtent on VP
    Wow, then that's ridiculously expensive to get all the content!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Ferryman said:
    Can we get a foreign virtual IP to pretend we're watching abroad on holiday?
    Feck it, wish I’d have thought of that instead of flying to Copenhagen every match day! 😉
    Wonderful 
  • Options
    razil said:
    VP not as good quality as ifollow (motion blur which I assume is poor bandwidth, and before you ask I tested in in various scenarios)
    Strange as didnt have the motion blur with VP myself

Was sharper and buffered a lot less than I found it last season on opposition iFollow account
    Same
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Sage said:
    Danepak said:
    jamescafc said:
    Watched with @Danepak at 2am in his Danish country holiday home. Picture, stream quality was excellent. Blackburn co commentator an idiot. 
    'Idiot' is a massive understatement.
    What was he like? Greg and Nathan were excellent on VP
    Incredibly biased and arrogant. 
    'Let's face it, we're only playing Charlton Athletic, not Real Madrid, so we should be better'.
    'Charlton will wonder how they got away from here with any points' etc. etc. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Danepak said:
    jamescafc said:
    Watched with @Danepak at 2am in his Danish country holiday home. Picture, stream quality was excellent. Blackburn co commentator an idiot. 
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Sage said:
    Danepak said:
    jamescafc said:
    'Let's face it, we're only playing Charlton Athletic, not Real Madrid, so we should be better'.
    A bit like their manager then when he was at Middlesborough, "We should be beating the likes of Charlton". But you didn't, did you? Not then, not yesterday.

It's frustrating at times of how arrogant some people can be or their opinions of us, I usually find north west clubs to be very arrogant and all think they're way better than everyone else. But at the same time, I like it. Let them keep thinking they're way too big or too good for us, let us go about our business quietly and Bowyer and the team will surprise a few this year.

I would encourage people to use VP in future though. They got it right yesterday and with time it's only going to improve too. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Danepak said:
    Sage said:
    Danepak said:
    jamescafc said:
    A bit like their manager then when he was at Middlesborough, "We should be beating the likes of Charlton". But you didn't, did you? Not then, not yesterday.

It's frustrating at times of how arrogant some people can be or their opinions of us, I usually find north west clubs to be very arrogant and all think they're way better than everyone else. But at the same time, I like it. Let them keep thinking they're way too big or too good for us, let us go about our business quietly and Bowyer and the team will surprise a few this year.

I would encourage people to use VP in future though. They got it right yesterday and with time it's only going to improve too. 
    Was only aware of the Valley Pass commentary option, after I'd paid 5 quid to Blackburn's iFollow. 
  • Options
    Sooooo.... If I already paid £60 for the audio and general VP subscription... Can I upgrade that to video for an extra £50?

I don't need both!

Dont think its the case though as the Streaming Pass gives you just that and none of the in depth comtent on VP
     Can I cancel my Valley Pass subscription and just buy match passes to view as needed?  
  • Options
    Mine was perfect stream, not one pause, only annoyance was Blackburn commentators spouting crap for 80mins, was 10mins bliss with no commentary at beginning. 
    I used Austrian VPN and plugged laptop in TV, was just like watching live game on sky. 
  • Options
    Mine was perfect stream, not one pause, only annoyance was Blackburn commentators spouting crap for 80mins, was 10mins bliss with no commentary at beginning. 
    I used Austrian VPN and plugged laptop in TV, was just like watching live game on sky. 
    We now have our own streaming service on Valley Pass. I didn’t watch it but I assume we had our own commentary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I don't need both!

Can I cancel my Valley Pass subscription and just buy match passes to view as needed?  
    I presume that you could if you only pay the £6.50 on a monthly basis

But then depends if you like to watch the full length interviews and match highlights as imagine you'll lose out on that

Might be worth emailing the service and finding out exactly what you'll get or not and then weigh up the options
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We now have our own streaming service on Valley Pass. I didn’t watch it but I assume we had our own commentary.
    Ifollow was £5 and never had a problem with stream, didn't want to risk a bad stream from other comments mate. 
  • Options
    iFollow through ValleyPass is actually cheaper

You pay £5 in GBP whereas to get it working on other club sites I've always had to pay $7

Because I purchased two streams (Blackburn early last week, VP on Saturday to test it) I noticed that the Blackburn account charged me an extra 39p due to the exchange rate
  • Options
    Help please .... not exactly a technical person and have read this thread and got more confused as I went on. Can I watch Charlton games on my Ipad in the UK or abroad? Do I need a VPN as I have no idea what this is or how to set up? Would I need to use Ifollow or ValleyPass? And if I can watch games, which ones can I watch, i.e. only ones not on Sky? Many thanks in advance for any help.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I'll try and feedback as much as I can in terms of issues and positives on this to the next FF and or perhaps @castrust could do a survey to gather feedback?
  • Options
    So for 5 pounds a pop we can watch 24 game with Charlton commentary if you are on Valley pass... Absolute quality 
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    So for 5 pounds a pop we can watch 24 game with Charlton commentary if you are on Valley pass... Absolute quality 
    Yup, you dont even have to have a ValleyPass subscription either

Just make sure you have an account setup
  • Options
    razil said:
    I'll try and feedback as much as I can in terms of issues and positives on this to the next FF and or perhaps @castrust could do a survey to gather feedback?
    Can you tell 'em to fix the PayPal option! Cheers.
  • Options
    razil said:
    isn't that listed as coming soon?
  • Options
    razil said:
    razil said:
     Yep and has been for about 6 months
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    razil said:
    razil said:
     Yep and has been for about 6 months
    Been saying the same about Oztumer, may be he's bringing it with him
  • Options
    razil said:
    razil said:
    You must be new to Charlton!
  • Options
    razil said:
    razil said:
    Imminent 😜
  • Options
    @Ollywozere are there any plans to post the entire match after the fact? Would be nice for those of us who sometimes have a hard time watching it live.

I work in software and I get it's hard to launch products, just something I thought I'd throw out there.

Cheers.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    @Ollywozere are there any plans to post the entire match after the fact? Would be nice for those of us who sometimes have a hard time watching it live.

I work in software and I get it's hard to launch products, just something I thought I'd throw out there.

Cheers.
    The idea is to do exactly that, except it likely wouldn't go up until the Monday. We now have to retrieve everything from an FTP so have to download and then re-upload to Valley Pass. We won't get the whole game available to us until some point on the Sunday, but having a few problems with that particular side of things for Saturday's game at the moment. 
  • Options
    Brilliant feed and commentary on Valley Pass on Saturday. The only thing was, with about 5 minutes to go the feed ‘expired’. Very annoying. Hopefully won’t happen again and was a teething glitch. Had to switch over to the Valley Pass audio only. Like I said, very annoying but hopefully sorted for next week. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Cheers.
    The idea is to do exactly that, except it likely wouldn't go up until the Monday. We now have to retrieve everything from an FTP so have to download and then re-upload to Valley Pass. We won't get the whole game available to us until some point on the Sunday, but having a few problems with that particular side of things for Saturday's game at the moment. 
     You're sending via an FTP? Hope it's an SFTP. 

Either way, surely there is a better way for EFL to send the games out to clubs in 2019. Maybe a direct API to collect the video, that can be plugged straight into Valley Pass?

• Options
    No idea if the above is possible?!
  • Options
    Would love to see the full 90 minutes of every game uploaded to valley pass, would definitely make the £6.50 a month better value 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Cheers.
    Cool, cheers for the update. Sounds like a pain in the arse, but it's much appreciated.