Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    Paid for  a Valley Pass. How long before KO should I expect the stream?
    7.30 or midnight here in Bangalore. 
  • Options
    I am getting an error message:-). Will try a different browser.
  • Options

Definitely NOT ON NOWTV 😱🤔😉
  • Options
    Paid in Greece and not up atm
  • Options
    I am in now, on Chrome browser
  • Options
    Me too COYA!
  • Options
    Stream up and running on Valley Pass here in Alberta. just crowd shots right now so don't know if audio and pictures are in sync. Sound quality is good though - Tel and Gregg coming through loud and clear. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Definitely NOT ON NOWTV 😱🤔😉
    Repeat DEFINITELY NOT on NOWTV

😘
  • Options
    all good here in Oz
  • Options
    Commentary is ahead again... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mascot88 said:
    Exactly. Not good at all.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Fine on Sky
  • Options
    Commentary ahead on I follow tonight for me. Normally it's perfect
  • Options
    Commentary just synced!! Result 
  • Options
    Yep someone obviously reading my post
  • Options
    Watched it on the hotel bar telly in the end they had Sky sports Action, me and a solitary Forest fan and a Sunderland supporting family..
  • Options
    Is this on anywhere at all?
  • Options
    So is Valley Pass audio commentary free? It was for me today. Of course I am
    abroad but I had the VPN switched to UK..

Gotta say, I had forgotten how much i enjoy Terry's commentary and Greg is very good too. If this is going to be free, I will be on it every time I can't  watch video.
  • Options
    Thought it was quite patchy quality today but that may have just been my internet connection?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedRyan said:
    Thought it was quite patchy quality today but that may have just been my internet connection?
    Was the worst it's been for me, had to change it to 480p as 720p was poor. Also commentary yet again ahead of the play, 3 games in a row now I've had to mute. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    RedRyan said:
    Was the worst it's been for me, had to change it to 480p as 720p was poor. Also commentary yet again ahead of the play, 3 games in a row now I've had to mute. 
    This is what pisses me off. It's 2019. Really, is there nobody competent to sort this out? ( it has always been a problem on iFollow too, it is nothing to do with the setup at The Valley per se. And the Sky clips don't seem to have this problem.) Why does anybody think it is ok to charge money while,this problem persists?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    RedRyan said:
    This is what pisses me off. It's 2019. Really, is there nobody competent to sort this out? ( it has always been a problem on iFollow too, it is nothing to do with the setup at The Valley per se. And the Sky clips don't seem to have this problem.) Why does anybody think it is ok to charge money while,this problem persists?
    I used valleypass for the first time for the Brentford game, and thought the video quality of the stream itself was fantastic.

The commentary being ahead though was a real issue for me, and until that gets sorted I wouldnt use it again.
  • Options
    I suggest that anybody with audio sync issues (sounds like everybody) write to the club:

"If you have any queries email website@cafc.co.uk. For any technical problems email VPSupport@streamamg.com"

I can imagine very few people/nobody registering a complaint and therefore nothing being done about it

Either that, or Prague is the only one to bother

Helping!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    RedRyan said:
    I used valleypass for the first time for the Brentford game, and thought the video quality of the stream itself was fantastic.

The commentary being ahead though was a real issue for me, and until that gets sorted I wouldnt use it again.
    Or just have the stream on mute?

Not having commentary doesnt bother me as dont get it when I go to games
  • Options
    Has anyone tried this withmobile / an app ? Currently in menorca so no lapto
  • Options
    Had to use an american server on expessvpn, hope it works ok.European servers didnt work
  • Options
    Talal said:
    RedRyan said:

Or just have the stream on mute?

Not having commentary doesnt bother me as dont get it when I go to games
    Yeah but you get the cracking atmosphere and chance to interact with those around you.

When I am sitting at home in my pants in the study watching on my computer I like to listen to the commentary as it makes the experience a lot more enjoyable.
  • Options
    I suggest that anybody with audio sync issues (sounds like everybody) write to the club:

"If you have any queries email website@cafc.co.uk. For any technical problems email VPSupport@streamamg.com"

I can imagine very few people/nobody registering a complaint and therefore nothing being done about it

Either that, or Prague is the only one to bother

Helping!
    Well in the first season of iFollow I wrote to them loads of times, demanding a portion of my money back too, on the basis that they were not fully providing what a customer reasonably expected for live coverage of a football match. Never got my money back but it was obvious that many others were complaining. Things gradually improved. However from memory last season it still is not seamlessly synchronized. So there is something in the technical set up. And in fact, it emerges that Valley Pass relies on elements of the iFollow set up. Terry Smith is encouraging viewers/ listeners to tweet their experience, but when somebody tweeted about the time gap he said "not sure there's anything we can do about that, TBH". And therein lies the problem. Valley Pass is just something like a telco "virtual operator" and the tech set up is in fact the EFL's. And in keeping with the EFL brand, it is sub-standard, not good enough. 

So in terms of complaining effectively, Valley Pass  is even more problematic. If we complain to the club, they will rather sheepishly tell us that it's out of their control, without really explaining why. If we complain to the EFL it will be 'the virtual operator' problem "you paid Valley Pass, not our problem, complain to them"

its such a pity because I really enjoyed being able to hear the live audio while driving across Germany last Sat, it was like being reunited with old mates. Seeing as the weather is beautiful here today, maybe summer's last hurrah, I might stick to audio again.

But we have to get this fixed. I wonder if it should be a  CAST issue, because it clearly is one affecting other clubs fans. What do you think @Weegie Addick ?  the London Trust OS gang What's App is still active so I could ask those from the lower leagues ( Fulham, QPR, Orient AFCW) if their fans are complaining too.