Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do people buy a settee with matching armchairs these days ?

2»

Comments

• Our settee needs replacing, although the armchairs are ok.
    I had a brief look on DFS and could see settees and armchairs, but not as a set.
    Is it acceptable to get a new settee and keep the old armchairs if they are totally different ?
    What do people do these days ?
    No replies necessary from hari krishna bean bag types :smile:

Sorry for the boring question on an extremely boring subject.
    We have an L-shaped sofa, stick a seat with a footstool in and job done.
  • WSS said:
    Sofa's ?
    Was actually asking seriously.  Just can't remember the last time I heard the word settee.
    @Covered End is getting on, it's an age thing.
  • BHF next to the Partridge have a nice selection.  Free delivery as well.
  • clb74 said:
    Our settee needs replacing, although the armchairs are ok.
    I had a brief look on DFS and could see settees and armchairs, but not as a set.
    Is it acceptable to get a new settee and keep the old armchairs if they are totally different ?
    What do people do these days ?
    No replies necessary from hari krishna bean bag types :smile:

Sorry for the boring question on an extremely boring subject.
    Your showing your age CE
    Whilst you just look very old.
  • WSS said:
    Sofa's ?
    Was actually asking seriously.  Just can't remember the last time I heard the word settee.
    my wife says it all the time and it really bugs me, not sure why, it's just such a crappy word
  • rina said:
    WSS said:
    Sofa's ?
    my wife says it all the time and it really bugs me, not sure why, it's just such a crappy word
    By rights it should be a cool word with every single letter appearing in the coolest top ten: https://sabotagetimes.com/funny/the-25-best-letters-of-the-alphabet

:wink:
  • Have you considered a cuddler?
    Why would you want a fat bird on your sofa?
    No central heating in the drum.
  • edited August 2019
    I have an Italian sofa that cost more than every purchase apart from houses and two (out about 50) cars. 15+ years old. Suede. Still going strong. Swerve DFS. Buy quality.
  • Sponsored links:

Are you offering ?
    Are you offering ?
    Are you willing?
  • edited August 2019
    I think the traditional set up is going out of fashion. Many are buying bigger settees and not buying the armchairs. We replaced our 3 piece with one of those big ones as we realised we never used the armchairs.
    Are you offering ?
    i'm not a poufe
  • Blimey, this board really is turning into Mumsnet ;-)
  • We bought a corner unit with a non matching armchair but we are very on trend
    I have my corner sofa to the ex when we split up. I now just have a beanbag sofa. Can't get more on trend than that
  • Stig said:
    Meire’s Home Furnishings in St Truiden would be my first port of call for advice like that.

Is that Thomas Dreisen sitting between Katrien and the other girl?

• No, he's in the vase on the right