Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Gets Underway This Evening .. Luton Town v Middlesbrough .. SkySports

Comments

• Options
    3-3!!
  • Options
    And now its 3-3
  • Options
    What a game!
  • Options
    Bloody remarkable!!
  • Options
    Brilliant way to start the season. Forget about us for a second (because we are fecked) and enjoy a bloody good game of football.
  • Options
    Watching the pace and transition of this game only makes me fear for us even more 
    You're not the only one mate. I;m not watching this game, but the biggest difference between League 1 and the Championship is the pace, and currently we have virtually no genuine pace in our team.
  • Options
    This is a right old ding dong do.
  • Options
    Always love to see Randolph making a top save!!

Might think differently when he faces us though
  • Options
    Watching the pace and transition of this game only makes me fear for us even more 
    You're not the only one mate. I;m not watching this game, but the biggest difference between League 1 and the Championship is the pace, and currently we have virtually no genuine pace in our team.
    Apart from Page Djiksteel Gallagher Phillips Boone Taylor and perhaps Harriott. Only Pearce of our CB options can be considered slow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apart from Page Djiksteel Gallagher Phillips Boone Taylor and perhaps Harriott. Only Pearce of our CB options can be considered slow.
    Those players might look like they have pace in League One, but the sort of pace in the Championship is another level altogether.
  • Options
    great game that sets a high standard .. I think it gives us encouragement .. keep at it, work hard, play to our strengths and we should/will surprise a few .. repeat, great start to the season
  • Options
    Commentator says how Luton have to deal with having the lowest budget it the league.
    10 minutes later saying what a save by their £1.34m keeper. 
    Top work sky.
    We had the goalkeeper at the other end but let him go for nothing even though he was excellent for us. He left because he wanted first team football and has since made over 350 first team appearances. We kept Elliott but sold him a year later to Newcastle where he has barely started 60 games in 8 years.
  • Options
    The only pace can be associated with Page at the moment is pacemaker given his fitness record.
  • Options
    Luton look very good.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Those players might look like they have pace in League One, but the sort of pace in the Championship is another level altogether.
    But no less pacy than those on show tonight. Best of whom was probably Assombalonga. Top 10 Addicks for pace?

1 Haynes
    2 Dennis
    3 Pringle
    4 Williams (P)
    5 Grant K
    6 JJ
    7 KAG
    8  Bennett
    9  Gomez
    10 Bent D
  • Options
    Very enjoyable game. Luton will be good at home again i reckon, think it is about 18 months since they last lost at home.
    Boro will be sniffing about the play offs but i dont think near top 2.
     Got me excited for tomorrow 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Result elsewhere:-  Club Brugge (KM) 6 - 0 ST (RD)       
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Dansk_Red said:
    Result elsewhere:-  Club Brugge (KM) 6 - 0 ST (RD)       
    Bob Peters Westerlo have been banging goals in. Can't find details of scorers. Remind me, who is their new striker?
  • Options
    Kenilworth Road will be a shock for many of the bigger sides, as it's a complete dump and really stands out in the division!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kenilworth Road will be a shock for many of the bigger sides, as it's a complete dump and really stands out in the division!
    It is. However atmoshphere is pretty good and could play a factor. Reminds me of the old Den.
  • Options
    It is. However atmoshphere is pretty good and could play a factor. Reminds me of the old Den.
    Oh come on, do me a favour ! A pretty good atmosphère = old Den. Thé Old Den was just indescribable. Hostile, creepy, scary, scummy, smelly, dangerous, exciting - maybe -  butnot 'pretty good'
  • Options
    Oh come on, do me a favour ! A pretty good atmosphère = old Den. Thé Old Den was just indescribable. Hostile, creepy, scary, scummy, smelly, dangerous, exciting - maybe -  butnot 'pretty good'
    Just saying they are hard to beat at home. As results show.
    The old Den did have a pretty good atmosphere for their team. Agree it was hostile for us.

• Options
    The old Den did have a pretty good atmosphere for their team. Agree it was hostile for us.

We'd lose against Millwall if they played their home games at a 3/4 empty Stadium MK!
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Their newer gaff is not much better!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Lunchtime KO on SSports .. Salford v Stevenage .. as 'they' say, stop the game to save the ball unnecessary punishment .. 2 favoured/fancied for promotion teams .. give it a look

PS.. I just MUST get out this seat sometime today ((:>) .. waiter .. another tea n biscuits por favor
  • Options
    the Stevenage shirts don't look quite so bad 'in action' .. not one for vegans though
  • Options
    Salford off to a good start here .. play good football as you'd expect under Graham Alexander .. look to be justifying their status as a favourite for immediate promotion
  • Options
    Salford off to a good start here .. play good football as you'd expect under Graham Alexander .. look to be justifying their status as a favourite for immediate promotion
    Being funded by a billionaire would help. 

Salford are a plastic club with plastic fans. Wish they go bust when the owners get bored of them. 
  • Options
    Being funded by a billionaire would help. 

Salford are a plastic club with plastic fans. Wish they go bust when the owners get bored of them. 
    Must be nice in a way for their original fans seeing them climbing the Leagues

But I remember reading somewhere that even they werent happy with the direction the club were going as wasnt who they were