Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD calls out Duchatelet's latest lies and plans new protest moves

Comments

• boycott goods in the ground -  no profit 
  • jdsd42 said:
    boycott goods in the ground -  no profit 
    It's trivial against tickets.
  • i have a cunning stunt ' but need to work on it.
    Must be late, I thought you said something different then 😉.
  • cabbles said:
    From the policing perspective,yes. 
  • Let's do it!
  • jdsd42 said:
    Just like to point out that the club shop is a privately run concern.
  • jdsd42 said:
    How much does this privately run concern pay Charlton ? 
  • edited August 2019
    cabbles said:
    A march needs permission, a static protest does not as long as it isn't blocking right of way. Best to inform the authorities anyway, I would think.

It may have legs.
  • jdsd42 said:
    I have no idea......just pointing out the catastrophic effect this action would have on them......which would be very unfortunate for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• jdsd42 said:
    I have no idea......just pointing out the catastrophic effect this action would have on them......which would be very unfortunate for them.
    They'd probably want to lower what they pay RD in that case.

Although I did get someone to buy me the new away shirt :(
  • Sorry,he wont give a toss about a protest at Belgian Embassy.
    The only way is to embarass him in his own town.
    This 100 per cent.
    Protesting at the embassy might get a few lines and a small photo in the Belgian press. He won't worry about that.

Although more complicated and more expensive, " hurting" him in his own town is more efficient. 

A few people spending a few minutes with spray cans gave him apoplexy.
  • I thought someone (Card?Cast?) had a letter from someone high up in the Embassy (Ambassador? Cultural Attaché?).  Did anything come of that?
  • Stig said:
    I thought someone (Card?Cast?) had a letter from someone high up in the Embassy (Ambassador? Cultural Attaché?).  Did anything come of that?
    The Cultural Attache just laughed.

• Any clear photos of Duchatelet's bag man who turns up from a Tuesday to a Thursday to....errm....to do....errm....to play Candy Crush and Fortnight and moan about how London chips are worse than Belgian ones.
    Need to be able to recognize the geezer.
  • Image result for man in shadows

This is him
  • Just putting this 'out there' - the Sint Truiden Saturday market in the main square is a big highlight for the Town.
    Now, if it wasnt able to function properly one Saturday then this would cause huge ripples in the Town and negativity towards RD
  • Just putting this 'out there' - the Sint Truiden Saturday market in the main square is a big highlight for the Town.
    Now, if it wasnt able to function properly one Saturday then this would cause huge ripples in the Town and negativity towards RD
    Or could backfire badly. We want the people on our side, not piss them off.
    I understand that. However, personally i think we have gone past the point of worrying about ST folk - we've tried the nice way, it didnt help or work - imo its time to get serious with the protesting.
    Just an idea to chew over. 
    If they're not willing to help, do we really need 'em onside?
  • Sponsored links:

• jdsd42 said:

the bars and refreshment inside the ground are franchisers that he will earn from -
  • Would it be deemed illegal to curl one out on his doorstep? Asking for a friend.

Why should they help?
  • edited August 2019
    Just putting this 'out there' - the Sint Truiden Saturday market in the main square is a big highlight for the Town.
    YES!!

Apart from anything else, the police are partly in RD's pocket, and last mass protest took careful negotiation before it could happen. This time, we will be able to truthfully say that most people in S-T agreed we were no trouble and enjoyed hosting us, so please let us return.
    The chief of police is totally in his pocket. ROT’s first visit to St T involved leafleting in the market place. It didn’t take long before police came and asked us to move. We hadn’t realised that we needed a permit. Anyway, it was legal to leaflet in the streets surrounding the market where we had moved to. Police moved us on, followed us back to our hotel. There were two separate police knocking on the door and scanned passports etc on the order of chief of police. We could have argued as they had no right to do that but as ROT was trying to be squeaky clean we didn’t. Also told if we were thinking of going to the football that evening that we were not to turn up in our ROT gear! Sure enough they were waiting for us, searched us on the way in etc. 

What I’m saying is that I don’t think it would take long for the police to get involved if people turned up, and attempt to remove us by quoting some ancient bylaw.
    YES!!

Apart from anything else, the police are partly in RD's pocket, and last mass protest took careful negotiation before it could happen. This time, we will be able to truthfully say that most people in S-T agreed we were no trouble and enjoyed hosting us, so please let us return.
    The chief of police is totally in his pocket. ROT’s first visit to St T involved leafleting in the market place. It didn’t take long before police came and asked us to move. We hadn’t realised that we needed a permit. Anyway, it was legal to leaflet in the streets surrounding the market where we had moved to. Police moved us on, followed us back to our hotel. There were two separate police knocking on the door and scanned passports etc on the order of chief of police. We could have argued as they had no right to do that but as ROT was trying to be squeaky clean we didn’t. Also told if we were thinking of going to the football that evening that we were not to turn up in our ROT gear! Sure enough they were waiting for us, searched us on the way in etc. 

What I’m saying is that I don’t think it would take long for the police to get involved if people turned up, and attempt to remove us by quoting some ancient bylaw.
    Would it not be possible that in the future if this sort of thing was to go ahead again, to pay to have a legal representative with you. That way, you’d be able to argue the point (in legal terms) straight away? I guess it would come down to funding again though.
  • cafckev said:
    Just putting this 'out there' - the Sint Truiden Saturday market in the main square is a big highlight for the Town.
    YES!!

Would it not be possible that in the future if this sort of thing was to go ahead again, to pay to have a legal representative with you. That way, you’d be able to argue the point (in legal terms) straight away? I guess it would come down to funding again though.
    Good idea, but I think they’d have to be up to date with the local bylaws. I’ve got a feeling the Chief of Pol sent ROT a copy. He tweets from time to time - @provost_steve