Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD calls out Duchatelet's latest lies and plans new protest moves

Comments

• Options
    what are the laws on political protest in Belgium? Can peaceful but disruptive demonstrations be held at his Businesses - Melexis/Hotel/whatever. Can a petition be delivered to the Belgian Parliament asking that they take measures to deal with irresponsible ownership of foreign assets (Belgium was always seen as one of the worst colonial powers)? RD can probably only be embarrassed in Belgium - he has no reputation here whatsoever.
  • Options

The net of our network is closing in on you Roland.

Network Roland remember that.

• Options
    sm said:
    what are the laws on political protest in Belgium? Can peaceful but disruptive demonstrations be held at his Businesses - Melexis/Hotel/whatever. Can a petition be delivered to the Belgian Parliament asking that they take measures to deal with irresponsible ownership of foreign assets (Belgium was always seen as one of the worst colonial powers)? RD can probably only be embarrassed in Belgium - he has no reputation here whatsoever.
    Regarding protests CARD and ROT guys will tell you that the demo in Saint Truiden had to be carefully negotiated with plod. But they did succeed, and the plod on duty were all pretty pleasant while we kept our side of the bargain. I would imagine that it's easy for him to get plod to stop us physically disrupting the businesses with demos, but I cannot imagine any law which stops us offering leaflets to customers or shareholders. 

Worth remembering too that @Davo55 recorded a notable success in lobbying the Belgian Embassy a few months ago, and I wonder if that could be built upon.

• Options
    sm said:
    Regarding protests CARD and ROT guys will tell you that the demo in Saint Truiden had to be carefully negotiated with plod. But they did succeed, and the plod on duty were all pretty pleasant while we kept our side of the bargain. I would imagine that it's easy for him to get plod to stop us physically disrupting the businesses with demos, but I cannot imagine any law which stops us offering leaflets to customers or shareholders. 

Worth remembering too that @Davo55 recorded a notable success in lobbying the Belgian Embassy a few months ago, and I wonder if that could be built upon.

I'd love us to 'picket' the Belgian embassy in London for a week holding a big banner saying something like 'Roland Duchalet - a disgrace to Belgium'. Put me down for a few shifts. 
    That's a good idea. Nice decent sized pavement and railings that look like they would take chains.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    sm said:

I'd love us to 'picket' the Belgian embassy in London for a week holding a big banner saying something like 'Roland Duchalet - a disgrace to Belgium'. Put me down for a few shifts. 
    That's a good idea. Nice decent sized pavement and railings that look like they would take chains.

I’m up for shedding a bit of timber, anyone up for a hunger strike chained to the railings?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    sm said:

Room for a sofa...?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    sm said:

I’m up for shedding a bit of timber, anyone up for a hunger strike chained to the railings?
    As long as there's wine......
  • Options
    In all seriousness, a protest outside the Belgium embassy may be a decent idea.  Likely to attract a larger percentage of fans, as Davo55 as already shown, it embarrassed him because it was indirectly on his doorstep.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just put into Amazon for adult handcuffs, reasonably priced, but wow the mind boggles!
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    In all seriousness, a protest outside the Belgium embassy may be a decent idea.  Likely to attract a larger percentage of fans, as Davo55 as already shown, it embarrassed him because it was indirectly on his doorstep.  
    I'm serious mate. A 7 day protest, from 7am to 7pm each day. People can come or go as they please to help out with the protest although we would need to ensure at least two people were there at all time

Have a big banner and flyers we can give out to staff and visitors to the Embassy. All good natured obviously and not trying to stop people entering the Embassy.

Who do I need to speak to at CARD to try and get this off the ground? 
  • Options
    Sorry,he wont give a toss about a protest at Belgian Embassy.
    The only way is to embarass him in his own town.
    Maybe a 2 pronged "attack" ? ie on both a home & away basis .
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I'm serious mate. A 7 day protest, from 7am to 7pm each day. People can come or go as they please to help out with the protest although we would need to ensure at least two people were there at all time

Have a big banner and flyers we can give out to staff and visitors to the Embassy. All good natured obviously and not trying to stop people entering the Embassy.

Who do I need to speak to at CARD to try and get this off the ground? 
    Can’t speak on CARD’s behalf, but I think with anything like this, if you can put in a bit of legwork and come up with a plan, it might hold more sway for people.  Finding out what the rules are around peaceful protesting in the streets of London May be a start.  I will have a look as well 
  • Options
    Put everyone's efforts into an 'away'
  • Options
    Maybe not everyone could afford the fare etc to Belgium.....
  • Options
    Have a day off we won saturday 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I thought you was boycotting the home games this season ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe not everyone could afford the fare etc to Belgium.....
    My view is , do you want him out or not?
    dont faff about with stuff that might look good , but wont hurt him.
    If its coordinated well enough like the March march then we can get numbers here 'thats the key,numbers
    We all know he has a knee-jerk every time we go to ST, so it clearly hurts him.
    Need to do something that will affect the whole town and put pressure on him.
  • Options
    Sorry, iàm struggling with a QWERTZ keyboard.
  • Options
    I think I recall Seth offering to set himself ablaze.
    I think that would have an effect on the whole town :smile:
  • Options
    I think I recall Seth offering to set himself ablaze.
    I think that would have an effect on the whole town :smile:
    Perfect, Seth, when can you do it?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I thought you was boycotting the home games this season ?
    Didnt get a season ticket mate, will pop along if freebie going.
    You think of me saturday when your supping your pint ive a list of jobs to do.
  • Options
    i have a cunning stunt ' but need to work on it.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    sm said:

Room for a sofa...
  • Options
    Wouldn't  a petition signed by thousands delivered to the Belgian Embassy get more attention in Belgium itself - and hence embarrass RD where it hurts him most.
  • Options
    sm said:
    Wouldn't  a petition signed by thousands delivered to the Belgian Embassy get more attention in Belgium itself - and hence embarrass RD where it hurts him most.
    Go for it.