Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD calls out Duchatelet's latest lies and plans new protest moves

Comments

• Options
    Bit like labour and their brexit fence! CARD know only direct action at the Valley will make any difference but also know loads of fans now support things as they are, partly because of time and new fans,  and partly because of the support the team not the regime oxymoron. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Why would direct action at the valley work, when RD clearly doesn't care what happens at The Valley, now, in his little town where he's king, that's another matter entirely.

because more press coverage, he loses money, EFL take more notice etc. 
  • Options
    Anybody got a clear photograph of Mr Lickspittle to post here?
  • Options
    One question would not Shaun Harvey the ELF chairman dude accused by Douchebag of “manipulation of the voting member” have every right to sue his dumb Belgium arse?

Like being savaged by a dead sheep. EFL - not fit for purpose.
  • Options
    Why would direct action at the valley work, when RD clearly doesn't care what happens at The Valley, now, in his little town where he's king, that's another matter entirely.

Maybe because it's the nearest we can get to Murray and Turk
  • Options

Need to get at the organ grinder, dividing the fan base helps no one.
  • Options
    Depending on what is done, actions at The Valley may well be reported in the Belgian media as well as UK.
    Indeed, the Pink Pigs event went global, and was reported in newspapers as far away as South America and the Philippines.
  • Options

Agree we need to get at RD. I'm thinking that many people wont be able to get to Belgium so would want to do something here. Are you thinking that protests at the Valley divide the fan base more than just protesting in Belgium?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Agree we need to get at RD. I'm thinking that many people wont be able to get to Belgium so would want to do something here. Are you thinking that protests at the Valley divide the fan base more than just protesting in Belgium?
    Obviously any match day protests will divide the fan base.
    I support some action in principle, but wait to see the proposition before saying I'll join in.
    Mind you, I'm not usually one to complain and then do nothing, so I'll likely join any action.
  • Options
    If it turns to shit I will definitely consider going to Belgium. I'm not doing any protesting at the valley - utterly pointless and I wouldn't disrespect bowyer and Jackson and what they will be trying to achieve. Chances are, another week of incoming loan signings and a few wins and the last thing on my mind will be protesting. All I care about is what happens on the pitch and the enjoyment of the fans attending home and away. The rest is political nonsense. 
  • Options
    As always, the devil will be in the detail and as it stands, no one outside of CARD knows what 'lawful direct action over the coming weeks and months' will actually mean or how impacting that will be.
  • Options
    As always, the devil will be in the detail and as it stands, no one outside of CARD knows what 'lawful direct action over the coming weeks and months' will actually mean or how impacting that will be.
     I’m sure it will involve meeting him face to face in order to have a conversation about the virtues of selling the club over a glass of beer. That would be nice 🙂
  • Options
    Only thing twat bag head cares about is money and self righteousness.

We can help take away both of those precious things....until he f*cks off!

I want my club back.

I'm not even looking forward to the new season anymore.
    Might as well still be in league f*cking one
  • Options
    west stand banners especially for games covered live ridiculing and criticising the twunt should keep the campaign in the collective football conscience (sic) - keep the protests on TV and they can't be ignored
    Anybody got access to when Colin Murray and Quest TV will be calling in to SE7?
  • Options
    By targeting Murray and LDT it may just pang the conscience of Roly, could be a shrewd ploy!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Would be proper up for a trip to Belgium. Realistically I'm never going to get to follow Charlton across Europe, so a protest abroad is probably the closest I'll get to itt
    Pre-Season games are an option.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I wonder if trying to get comments from Roderick Duchatelet might not be a good idea as he is the favourite to be the next Owner of Cafc. 

Ps. Favourite with me, as no one else has mentioned this tragic scenario.
  • Options
    I wonder if trying to get comments from Roderick Duchatelet might not be a good idea as he is the favourite to be the next Owner of Cafc. 

Yes and no.

Yes in the sense maybe a few words from someone close to Roland might help him reduce the price.

No in the sense that Roland will probably live for another 30 years just to spite us so Roderick inheriting the club is probably a seriously long way off.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Yes and no.

Yes in the sense maybe a few words from someone close to Roland might help him reduce the price.

No in the sense that Roland will probably live for another 30 years just to spite us so Roderick inheriting the club is probably a seriously long way off.
    I know Duchatelet lies when his lips move but I wonder if  retiring from all his businesses at 75 was one truth in a myriad of lies ?

Worse case scenario maybe but Couldn't Roderick be owner in 3 years if the price isn't right !

I have no idea of the son's personality but I would be amazed if he would want the harassment of Cafc.
  • Options

Yes and no.

I know Duchatelet lies when his lips move but I wonder if  retiring from all his businesses at 75 was one truth in a myriad of lies ?

Worse case scenario maybe but Couldn't Roderick be owner in 3 years if the price isn't right !

I have no idea of the son's personality but I would be amazed if he would want the harassment of Cafc.
    He might be normal and keen to spend his inheritance on getting us to the Prem.
  • Options
    Very good unifying statement from CARD - just what was needed at this point. It seems to me that at the moment, the Team and the Club have become two very different entities. We all support the Team and most on here want to see a change of ownership of the Club.

The Manager did an amazing job last season to bring fans together to give full support to the Team. People are saying that's because we were winning - but of course that was the case. The Manager's one job is to build a winning Team, and as fans we will get behind and support that. Previous Managers were not able to do that and got the support they deserved.

The Club is a different matter, and for some I can understand that they don't care how it is run. Everyone has a different level of interest in what happens beyond the Team but it's probably fair to say that the fans that post on here are more invested than most. 

For me, Bowyer's achievements last season, with the help of his staff, was incredible. Yes, we had some well-paid players, but the lack of a working infrastructure around him must have made it seem like he was running a non-League side at times. The fans definitely made a difference - I don't believe the play-off games would have been won without the support the Team were given. It's not often we say that about Charlton fans, but last season we did make a difference.

Bringing that level of support and passion to protests against the current ownership of the Club will also make a difference in my opinion. I don't expect more than a few hundred to travel to Belgium but I have no doubt that will influence the Owner more than anything else. Targeting his lieutenants is also a good strategy.

The Owner got lucky some years ago by inventing a car gizmo that proved popular. Since then he seems to have confused that luck with being some sort of visionary. He's not a visionary, he's clearly proved himself to be out of his depth with anything else he's tried. Facing up to this failure seems to be the hardest thing for him to accept, and in my opinion is the thing he would most hate his Belgian peers to think about him.

CARD, like the Valley Party before them, have shown how to organise effective, humorous protests that capture the imagination of the press and I'd like to think that one last effort will do the job. It may not, but if it doesn't it will at least be a step on the way to the last effort that does.

The Owner's time is up - he knows it, we know it. He just needs nudging over the line to finally sell up.
    Agree with all that except the last bit; he doesn’t know that and he won’t be leaving until he gets the money he wants. 
  • Options
    You've talked the talk.

Now in view of today's news, how are we going to walk the walk?
  • Options
    Walk the walk? Yep, I'm angry enough to walk to Belgium. Bring it on.
  • Options
    You've talked the talk.

Now in view of today's news, how are we going to walk the walk?
    It’s not news though, at the moment it’s a rumour, and if it’s true then this has been happening since Roland walked through the doors. Not disagreeing that a trip to Belgium shouldn’t happen mind you.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever attracted as many pejorative epithets as RD? Call the Guinness Book of Records!