Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Ahhh, Back to normal at last. Great preview as always FA, Tip of the cap to our away support, i am going to make a real effort to join you as much as i can this season. Think it will be difficult to get anything out of this match, heart says 1-1, head says 2-0. Good luck to Lee JJ and the boys. ( In you i believe!) ITS WRITTEN IN THE STARS! So for the first time this season...........COYRS!
  • 3-0 to Blackburn.
    Luckily, I'm usually wrong.
  • God knows why, but i fancy us to sneak this one. 2-1 naby and Williams on the score sheet. A battling performance to kick off with.
  •                         Phillips

Lockyer   Pearce     Sarr

Dijksteel           Deji               Purrington

Gallagher  Caskey   Williams

Taylor

even though Gallagher will be on the bench, 
  • edited August 2019
    Dijksteel will not play, on his way out I am sure
  • Dijk plays he’s staying, he doesn’t he’s going I genuinely believe it’s as simple as that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great insight as always @Sage

Looking forward to reading your own full previews this season
  • Great insight as always @Sage

Looking forward to reading your own full previews this season
    Thank you mate. Looking forward to sharing the responsibility with you!
  • Another season starts and how poor does our midfield look compared to Wembley. Last week we looked poor and this week at a ground we rarely win at we are in trouble. Blackburn have not won an opener for about 8/9 years. Sunderland were the same last year. 3-0 Blackburn, all goals in last 10 minutes.
  • Most forecast a three at the back, but I'd go Sarr in the middle as he has two feet and is uncomfortable being drawn out wide. The downside is losing the diagonals, but in possession him and Pearce can swop.
  • edited August 2019
    Phillips
    Dijksteel, Lockyer, Pearce, Purrington
    Gallagher 
    Pratley, F.Caskey
    Williams
    Bonne, Taylor
    Subs: Amos, Solly, Sarr, Oshilaja, Morgan, Doughty, Lapslie

I genuinely believe this will be how we line up tomorrow. Bow has said enough times that Bonne isn't ready to start so starting him will be a message.

Once again there is the option of not filling our bench to make a point.
  • 0-0 bore draw. 
    Can only get better from there. 
    Watching Luton/Middlesbrough at the moment. If Middlesbrough are anything to go by, we have a chance of staying up this season. 
  • Can Harriott play as a trialist, even off the bench? A plus if he can.

The result may hinge on whether LB trusts CG to start.

Nope... trialists arent allowed to play in competitive games
  • Sorry i know you can have two in the Scottish leagues, assumed the same. 

So 5/6 of 7 on the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Sorry i know you can have two in the Scottish leagues, assumed the same. 

You have forgotten Lapslie Dazz.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Phillips
    Dijksteel, Lockyer, Pearce, Purrington
    Gallagher 
    Pratley, F.Caskey
    Williams
    Bonne, Taylor
    Subs: Amos, Solly, Sarr, Oshilaja, Morgan, Doughty, EMPTY

I genuinely believe this will be how we line up tomorrow. Bow has said enough times that Bonne isn't ready to start so starting him will be a message.

Once again not filling our bench to make a point. (maybe Harriott on the bench as a triallist which still makes a point).
    For starters, you're completely missing Lapslie and we will fill the bench tomorrow.

Secondly, Bonne and Taylor have barely played together all pre-season, if at all. I highly doubt we will start both when Bonne isn't ready and would leave us without a striker in any form on the bench.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Sorry i know you can have two in the Scottish leagues, assumed the same. 

I think LB will want to give as many players as possible a taste of the Championship. Hope I’m right anyway. 
  • Rover gets a Bonne 0-1.

When has any club been allowed to play a player that they haven't signed (in a proper fixture) ?
    Forget the transfer window everyone it doesn't matter, anyone can play for you, no need to even bother signing them.
  • edited August 2019
    There is no cohesion in this team at the moment. Even a good weeks training at Sparrows lane won't correct this.
    Typical that one of the bright sparks Aneke is Injured tomorrow.

4-1 loss but hopefully we can get up to speed soon.

I so want to be wrong.
  • There is no cohesion in this team at the moment. Even a good weeks training at Sparrows lane won't correct this.
    Typical that one of the bright sparks Anelke is Injured tomorrow.

4-1 loss but hopefully we can get up to speed soon.

I so want to be wrong.
    Wish it was Nicolas Anelka(e) we had lol.
    With Aneke injured i would not be surprised if new boy Bonne starts
  • I predict 2-0. We won’t score.

I also predict a complete meltdown on message boards afterwards.
  • As much as Bowyer has been able to do at this time,in bringing in some much needed bodies,it's a puzzle that's still not complete...& it's completely Ductwats doing...& with that hindrance hanging over us like a bad smell,I can only see a 4-1 loss,until of course hoping (if ever does) the tide turns.

Cmon U Addicks...!!!