Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Police chase in Sidcup

Comments

• This is where Marlowe Rooms were 

• T_C_E said:
    Out of curiousity what is Sidcup like these days? I know there is fuck all there but what is it like to live? 
    Great place, love it. Massively undervalued imo in comparison to other places for not having a tube / DLR link, yet you can get to London Bridge in less than 20 mins. Has good schools, loads of great restaurants, variation of bars, well positioned for A2 and A20, green spaces and less crime than other areas. 

And the occassional police chase in the morning :-)
    Great restaurants? It really must have changed since I left!
    When he says “Great Restaurants” he means Kebab houses with an eat in option! ;)
    There’s actually an excellent kebab shop next door to Prezzo, same family who own Walnuts a few along.
    I feel I know Sidcup eateries quite well, mainly through following (on Facebook) your journeys home from evenings out after a days graft in London. Great memories of sidcup registry office (the original one) after getting married there some 40 years ago as myself and the two witnesses arrival on a 51 route master was what fairytales are made of! 😂
  • Bloody hell!
    Please tell me they kept the cells for that extra special dining experience lol
  • This is where Marlowe Rooms were 

Imagine the money a Premier Inn would have made on a Friday night when Marlowe Rooms (Plastic Red) was open. Would have needed a couple of receptionists who didn't mind working nights.
  • I love working in Sidcup Police Station back in the day. 
    Better class of ner do well there. 
    I suppose it’s flats now?

Marlowe Rooms, now that place can tell a few stories. Mr O & I had our first Christmas do there with the troops, got to be nearly 30 yrs ago!
    Sidcup Police Station used to be the first stop on my Dad's milk round when I was younger, we always got a cuppa in there before starting deliveries to the high street. 

It's a Prezzo now.
  • @T_C_E the council has for the last couple of years been looking for a lease partner to turn the registry office (Sidcup Manor House) into a boutique hotel & spa
  • Out of curiousity what is Sidcup like these days? I know there is fuck all there but what is it like to live? 
    Great place, love it. Massively undervalued imo in comparison to other places for not having a tube / DLR link, yet you can get to London Bridge in less than 20 mins. Has good schools, loads of great restaurants, variation of bars, well positioned for A2 and A20, green spaces and less crime than other areas. 

I’ve probably 15-20 restaurants within walking distance I’d happily eat in. The stretch either side of the station is excellent for variety - Curry Mahal, Chez Pascal, Hello Burger, Toscana, The Elephant, El Bandito, Sophie’s Choice, Appleyard, Mario’s Pizza, Jalsha. That’s 10 restaurants in 200 yards and 9 different cuisines, all reasonably priced.

High St has all the chains (Prezzo, Pizza Express, Harvester) as well as good small ones like Walnuts, Mogul etc, couple of good tapas down Halfway St and Oval. Four decent micro pubs (Hangar, Hackney Carriage, Hoppers Hut, Halfway House) have popped up in last few years to compliment the existing pubs and are doing well. 

Family run chippy in the High St that opened a couple of years ago is awesome. All thats missing is a decent Chinese.

im hungry now :-)

One thing I miss about us staying at my mums when our building works were going on was being within spitting distance of the Halfway House, especially as we had a live in babysitter in my mum. The Turkish place a couple of doors along is pretty decent too.

I'm in The Hangar tonight, then onto the Oval Brassiere for an Indian.

Have you tried The Appleyard yet?

• Is the Iron Horse / Metro Bar still about?

Yes, it's back to being called The Iron Horse now.

Always seems busy and they have a lot of music nights on. Might be under threat though as the Co-op behind it is being sold off for flats and they're worried about being closed down due to the noise.

• Sponsored links:

• Is the tapas still going near the pool?
  • Bloody hell!
    Please tell me they kept the cells for that extra special dining experience lol
    Slide the pizza under the door and you gotta piss in the bucket
  • Is the tapas still going near the pool?

The pool's not going anymore mate!
    Yes, it's the Iron Horse again and is heavily into live music. Will probably go out of business though if the plans for a massive tower block of flats where the Co-op is get the go ahead.
  • Foots cray meadows is beautiful and has a lot of history. Look up foots cray place. 
  • Out of curiousity what is Sidcup like these days? I know there is fuck all there but what is it like to live? 

I’ve probably 15-20 restaurants within walking distance I’d happily eat in. The stretch either side of the station is excellent for variety - Curry Mahal, Chez Pascal, Hello Burger, Toscana, The Elephant, El Bandito, Sophie’s Choice, Appleyard, Mario’s Pizza, Jalsha. That’s 10 restaurants in 200 yards and 9 different cuisines, all reasonably priced.

High St has all the chains (Prezzo, Pizza Express, Harvester) as well as good small ones like Walnuts, Mogul etc, couple of good tapas down Halfway St and Oval. Four decent micro pubs (Hangar, Hackney Carriage, Hoppers Hut, Halfway House) have popped up in last few years to compliment the existing pubs and are doing well. 

Family run chippy in the High St that opened a couple of years ago is awesome. All thats missing is a decent Chinese.

The Chinese where that burger place is now used to be good. I’ve been to the hoppers hut and the hackney carriage in recent weeks. Love those places.
  • Had a stage of frequenting the Seven Stars up towards Ruxley round a bout, and used to had a pint with me dad in The Black Boy, when he lived in Anstridge, but I spose thats more Avery Hill

I'm in The Hangar tonight, then onto the Oval Brassiere for an Indian.

Have you tried The Appleyard yet?

Hangar is probably my favourite micro pub (sorry @Riviera) as you can get two lagers on tap (Meantime and another). Run by my mates brother. Got a nice log cabin with heaters out back as well
  • My sister worked at Sidcup nick for 20 years.
  • @T_C_E the council has for the last couple of years been looking for a lease partner to turn the registry office (Sidcup Manor House) into a boutique hotel & spa
    Got married there 1995. 
    X
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    My sister worked at Sidcup nick for 20 years.
    Oooh probably know her then
  • My wife lived in Longlands Road when I met her at the Austral Club in 1966.

Austral Close is where the club used to be.
  • Addickted said:
    My sister worked at Sidcup nick for 20 years.
    Oooh probably know her then
    A very short WPC.
  • Used to go swimming and scuba training in lamorbey pool and fishing opposite in the glades and just an occasional visit i must add to the Marlow rooms
    Even remember the cinema round the corner from the bill shop
    Lovely times back in the day

Feeling old now thanks
  • Used to go swimming and scuba training in lamorbey pool and fishing opposite in the glades and just an occasional visit i must add to the Marlow rooms

Feeling old now tanks

Feeling old now thanks
    I think I went to see Back to the Future at the pictures in Sidcup. Was a pleasant treat from the sticky carpet grot of Well Hall Odeon that I used to go to most of the time.

Feeling old now thanks
    I think I went to see Back to the Future at the pictures in Sidcup. Was a pleasant treat from the sticky carpet grot of Well Hall Odeon that I used to go to most of the time.
    Used to love the cinema in Sidcup. Had my first handjob in there. 
    Must have been a boring film....
  • Nail bars whilst watching a film seems very entrepreneurial.