Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's Ready for the Heatwave ?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    In the immortal words of Robin Williams “It’s hotter than a snakes ass in a wagon rut”. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Great news! The air is still and hot outside and the farmer has just spread muck on his field 
    I can guarantee my neighbour will burn up all his garden rubbish this evening.
    I'd stick a hose over the fence and put it out.
    We've had the Fire brigade before when he set light to the fence.
    The council have said he doesn't do it often enough to warrant being a nuisance.
    Yes I reported one of our neighbours last week (after banging on their front door and telling them what I thought).
    This was the council reply. 

Exactly the same as my reply.
    So basically, rather than not "giving a shit" their hands are tied by the laws around statutory nuisance. Fwiw my council takes a similar approach. If it continues to happen an informal letter of advice is sent making the party aware they may be causing a nuisance and only after that will notices be considered if it carries on. No court in the land will uphold a notice on the basis of one or two bonfires. 

Not sure there's much wrong with that approach is there? 

As for the heat, I'm sitting on my balcony watching the masses returning from their day at the beach. There are truly some sights to behold...at both ends of the scale.
  • Options
    Somebody trespassing on the tracks outside Waterloo and all services are currently suspended. Announcer telling people they can get the underground...that extension of the district and northern lines to Woking, Guildford, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Southampton etc will be a bit busy tonight 
  • Options
    As if it ain’t hot enough a thunderstorm has brought all our dogs into the lounge, the heat they are radiating is unbelievable. 😂
  • Options
    Just started pissing down in Bexley 
    Lucky sod!!
    Yep, I managed to get rained in the Albany. Train was so hot I had to endure a couple of Magners before even considering Guinness 
  • Options
    Very weird looking sky in Bromley
  • Options
    Very weird looking sky in Bromley
    Thats Bromley for you... Palace border territory down there
  • Options
    Boris’ first day as PM and it’s hotter than hell. It’s a sign I tells ya.
  • Options
    Are the climate change mob still out? Hope they got sunburnt 
  • Options
    Pissing down in Charlton...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a mother of a storm last night in Mereworth, Kent. The lightening was both sheet and fork and it was constant with few breaks in between, thunder was the loudest I have heard in a long time.

It took the power out to the house but bizarrely it came back on with no fuses tripped in the consumer unit so must have been outside on the grid. 
  • Options
    Still no sun here since I bought that lounger. 
  • Options
    Last year, we had a new roof, new windows and shutters. This year, it’s hotter inside than it is out. At least I saved money by not installing a sauna 🧖‍♂️ 
  • Options
    To set a new record you have to get all your ducks lined up.  Yesterday went almost perfectly until the patches of cloud came over.  Unusually, although temperatures dropped it was only very slightly because the heat was caused by very hot air slightly higher in the atmosphere.  This hot air aloft caused some interesting effects.

WOW parts of #Lincolnshire just saw a temporary 10 degree Celsius rise in temperature this evening

This was due to a #thunderstorm collapsing and bringing hot air from aloft down to the surface

Check out this temperature curve from Donna Nook

Tonight's event is likely to be an example of a heat burst, a rare atmospheric phenomenon characterised by gusty winds along with a rapid increase in temperature and decrease in dew point (moisture)

• Options
    When does this hot spell begin then?
  • Options
    When does this hot spell begin then?

May 2027
  • Options
    The Lion Hotel Farningham

• Options
    Only only gossip I’ve got from this evenings job is Ben Reeves on my MK Dons team coach!
  • Options
    well that's that .. almost cold enough here today to put the heating on and break out the winter woollies ((:>)
  • Options
    Cambridge University Botanic Gardens recorded 38.7C.
    So last Thursday recorded the hottest ever UK temperature. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was the previous highest?.....Seem to recall it was in Faversham.
  • Options

I’m finally on my lounger. 
    In my jeans and a fleece but I’m here lol
  • Options
    Faversham 38.5C.
  • Options
    Faversham 38.5C.
    Faversham Brogdale to be precise.