Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's Ready for the Heatwave ?

Comments

• Great news! The air is still and hot outside and the farmer has just spread muck on his field 
    I can guarantee my neighbour will burn up all his garden rubbish this evening.
    I'd stick a hose over the fence and put it out.
    We've had the Fire brigade before when he set light to the fence.
    The council have said he doesn't do it often enough to warrant being a nuisance.
    Yes I reported one of our neighbours last week (after banging on their front door and telling them what I thought).
    This was the council reply. 

• Great news! The air is still and hot outside and the farmer has just spread muck on his field 
    The council have said he doesn't do it often enough to warrant being a nuisance.
    Yes I reported one of our neighbours last week (after banging on their front door and telling them what I thought).

Basically they don't give a shit....
  • more shocking is the amount of people that in the last hour walking there dogs i would like to make them walk barefeet across the pavement fucking idiots. 
    Mine haven't been out since Sunday night at 11.00pm, since then the air temperature even at night has been in excess of 25c and I won't risk them going out. That said they are driving me fecking mad, if someone so much as stands to make a brew they think they are going out but they are safe and well. Don't even get me started on people still walking their dogs now there's a swearing ban on here!

Well they had to get rid of the tree you made them cut down somehow.
    ;-)

Exactly the same as my reply.
  • HarryLime said:
    Great news! The air is still and hot outside and the farmer has just spread muck on his field 

Well they had to get rid of the tree you made them cut down somehow.
    ;-)
    No, this is a new dispute with a different neighbour.
    You have to spread the love around :-)
  • You could presumably smash his windows, as long as it's an isolated incident.
  • IdleHans said:
    You could presumably smash his windows, as long as it's an isolated incident.
    And burn his house down so long as its just the once and then go to mediation.
  • The UK has had its hottest July day on record, with temperatures reaching 37.7C (98.6F) in Essex and west London.

The previous record for July was 36.7C (98F), and the Met Office believes the UK could still break the all-time record of 38.5C on Thursday.

Commuters have faced disruption in areas where trains are running slower on tracks at risk of buckling.

Paris has seen a record-breaking 40.6C, with much of western Europe facing all-time temperature highs.

According to BBC Weather, the UK's record-breaking July temperatures were recorded at Kew, west London, and Writtle, near Chelmsford in Essex.

The July heat record was first broken at around 13:30 BST on Thursday when the Met Office said the temperature at Heathrow reached 36.9C.

The previous hottest July day was recorded on 1 July 2015, also at Heathrow, with a temperature of 36.7C.

• edited July 2019
    Btw a top GP, government advisor or such like, said on the TV yesterday, that drinking hot tea & coffee etc doesn't cool you down.
    I've known for 50 years my dad was wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ridiculously hot playing tennis this morning.
  • I hope it really does drop tomorrow.  First Aid Course in Charlton House, I dont reckon their AC is up to much.  
  • T_C_E said:
    more shocking is the amount of people that in the last hour walking there dogs i would like to make them walk barefeet across the pavement fucking idiots. 
    Mine haven't been out since Sunday night at 11.00pm, since then the air temperature even at night has been in excess of 25c and I won't risk them going out. That said they are driving me fecking mad, if someone so much as stands to make a brew they think they are going out but they are safe and well. Don't even get me started on people still walking their dogs now there's a swearing ban on here!
    last couple of nights have taken mine out just before 9pm for half hour or so, been a bit of a cooling breeze and they have been ok. Dog walker took them over in the woods this morning early and it's well shaded. Does my head in when I pop out at lunch time at work and see people out with their dogs.
  • I'd love a heat wave.

Were Palace on the top and Millwall in the middle?
  • I don't know how accurate it is, but my weather app is currently showing the temperature in Canterbury at 39 degrees. 
  • I'd love a heat wave.

Never new you lived in Venice. 
  • Some wonderful sights out & about around London today.  Bloody marvellous 
  • Couple of power cuts this afternoon. Guess it’s the heat.
  • Some wonderful sights out & about around London today.  Bloody marvellous 
    Working in Piccadilly, first time back in London since 2011. I'd forgotten how good the summer is up here...
  • Sponsored links:

• more shocking is the amount of people that in the last hour walking there dogs i would like to make them walk barefeet across the pavement fucking idiots. 
    That is just fcxing insane? Get them to put on fur coat, take off she's and socks and trot down the pavement for just 30 mins!! Bloody selfish bastard's!
  • Fk walking the dog in this weather 

• Chilling out.
  • MrOneLung said:
    shine166 said:

Errr, about the 3 dildos next to the fan.....

Wtf have you been using as dildos ? 🤣.

• Just started pissing down in Bexley 
  • Just started pissing down in Bexley 
    Lucky sod!!
  • Apparently they had a load of rain in Beckenham today.
  • Today was the 2nd warmest UK day on record and only the 2nd time the temperature reached 100F.