Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's Ready for the Heatwave ?

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2019
    addick05 said:
    Yeah Yeah, gloat why dont you... Whilst all I've got to enjoy is Orpington High Street

Was there Saturday afternoon. Grew up there. Bloody high street (like many others alas) filled with coffee shops and charity outlets.
    And The Walnuts being sold as a residential development opportunity
    Seriously?! Grew up in orpington and great memories of the walnuts. Surely they're not closing the leisure centre?

Real potential to be a decent upmarket town but dragged down by some of the pondlife that inhabit it.

Was down there a couple of years back to watch the oasis film at the cinema and looked like they were investing in it. 

Excellent transport links into London so has good potential.

• Options
    I’ve done it Wilma, I feel like a new man
    @DaveMehmet
  • Options
    I’ve done it Wilma, ive gone short trousers and short sleeve shirt today. It’s liberating, I feel like a new man
    Aren’t all of your trousers short?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Work clothes in general are ridiculous. I wear a polo most days in summer because my work allow it.
    Just a polo?

Blimey. You work for a very liberal firm!

What hangs out the hole?
  • Options
    my firm have now (permanently) gone all 'dress for your day' in the city, no suits required anymore so it's polo shirts / jeans / trainers etc.

won't let the blokes wear shorts though

I actually think I'm hotter in Jeans
  • Options
    my firm have now (permanently) gone all 'dress for your day' in the city, no suits required anymore so it's polo shirts / jeans / trainers etc.

Post a photo and we'll rate you. 
    *following with interest *
  • Options

Post a photo and we'll rate you. 
    as soon as I typed that, I knew that would happen ;)

but I couldn't be arsed to edit it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the "feels like" temperature today is 37 degrees I can't even begin to imagine tomorrow at 45 degrees.
  • Options
    This is the temperature forcast for Doha, Qatar in the next two weeks:
    https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/qatar/doha

If they don't provide air conditioning at all the World Cup stadiums then it will be dangerous for people to be playing football there........

• Options
    Jessie said:

If they don't provide air conditioning at all the World Cup stadiums then it will be dangerous for people to be playing football there........

Wont be this time of year though... World Cup is being held in November and December (?) in 2022
  • Options
    Just been driving a van with no aircon - not pleasant. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:

Wont be this time of year though... World Cup is being held in November and December (?) in 2022
    Thanks for pointing that out. I totally forgot about it :joy:
  • Options
    On duty yesterday and today, the firegear is a tad on the warm side
  • Options
    On duty yesterday and today, the firegear is a tad on the warm side
    When the weather is as hot as this I don't miss the job at all.
  • Options
    scorchio
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    42 degrees on the thermometer and I'm up and down 3 flight of stairs, fitting skirting.
    I weren't made for this weather, bring on -5 🙏
  • Options
    Just you weather-whingers wait until we're at The Valley on a -12 % freezing Wednesday night losing 3-0 to some kick-you-up-in the-air mob from the frozen north.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think I've upset the the more "mentally Mature" following my dogs have on Twitter by tweeting.......
    They are blowing like cheap tarts on a Saturday night.
     I really must grow up! ;)
  • Options

• Options
    I’ve done it Wilma, ive gone suit trousers and short sleeve shirt today. It’s liberating, I feel like a new man
    Pink?
  • Options
    Took off at London City this afternoon when it was 33 degrees and landed in Dublin an hour later where it was 23 degrees - much more comfortable.

Personally think the idea of wearing suits in high temperatures is absolute nonsense. Then again, I think the idea of wearing suits to work in general is a load of out dated nonsense - and I’ve worked in sales/corporate environments my whole career. 
  • Options
    Riscardo said:
    I’ve done it Wilma, ive gone suit trousers and short sleeve shirt today. It’s liberating, I feel like a new man
    Pink?
    Blue and white pinstripe Lacoste, for the discerning gentleman 
  • Options
    It's all about the pinstripe
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Slept like a baby last night with a fan on.

Shit myself and cried all night but hey ho.
    Shame no one stuck a tit in yer gob.
  • Options
    I'm in the office making the most of the air conditioning. Was really stuffy at home this morning and I'd rather deal with the Southeastern crap and enjoy cool air for the day. 

I have seen many more men wearing shorts and short sleeves today, but still a few 'hardcore' in their suits, including jackets, walking across London Bridge.