Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's Ready for the Heatwave ?

Comments

• JWADDICK said:
    Halix said:
    All prepared - bought two new fans, put some Buds in the fridge, mowed me parents grass early and cut the bottoms off all my trousers.
    I think you may have the blades set too high on that mower H.
    Got a hair cut too!
  • Well not disappointed so far.......just had a gander wander around Liverpool Street and walked past my favourite pub of yesteryear  - Dirty Dicks - and my eye was very pleased!!! What a day to have to work down here......such a pity..........NOT!!
  • On my way from East Midlands to work in London today, around Liverpool St, looking forward to the sights. I remember back in the day....Hot Pants and Mini Skirts.....think today will be enjoyable!!
    Back in the day, fair enough. But do you really still have the legs for hot pants and mini skirt?

No Red, NO - please don't post the mankini picture. I'm just about to have some lunch.
  • Well not disappointed so far.......just had a gander wander around Liverpool Street and walked past my favourite pub of yesteryear  - Dirty Dicks - and my eye was very pleased!!! What a day to have to work down here......such a pity..........NOT!!
    Dirty Dicks .. a memory blastback .. not been in there for decades 
  • bobmunro said:
    On my way from East Midlands to work in London today, around Liverpool St, looking forward to the sights. I remember back in the day....Hot Pants and Mini Skirts.....think today will be enjoyable!!
    Back in the day, fair enough. But do you really still have the legs for hot pants and mini skirt?

No Red, NO - please don't post the mankini picture. I'm just about to have some lunch.
    Ok @bobmunro, but only cause your eating lunch!!! I'll put it away......for NOW!!!! Mwaaaaaah

I pop in there a few times a year, when I'm working down here (so not very often to be honest), it hasn't changed a bit.....in the winter that sell Youngs Winter Warmer.......fantastic pint that is. I used to drink that back in the day as well!!
  • bobmunro said:
    On my way from East Midlands to work in London today, around Liverpool St, looking forward to the sights. I remember back in the day....Hot Pants and Mini Skirts.....think today will be enjoyable!!

Ok @bobmunro, but only cause your eating lunch!!! I'll put it away......for NOW!!!! Mwaaaaaah

Phew!! Thanks.
  • @bobmunro only joking.......here it is!!

look upon this you men .. and weep !!!! (Red .. you are a VERY brave man) ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

look upon this you men .. and weep !!!! (Red .. you are a VERY brave man) ((:>)

Yeah, fancy admitting to drinking Budweiser
    I pop in there a few times a year, when I'm working down here (so not very often to be honest), it hasn't changed a bit.....in the winter that sell Youngs Winter Warmer.......fantastic pint that is. I used to drink that back in the day as well!!
    Does it still sell Red Stripe on draft?
  • Finally gave in to Mrs SB and bought an air conditioning unit for our bedroom (which is an attic extension and suffers from extremes of temperature).  250 sovs and I was rather cynical but it’s been a godsend.  Big old thing and have to leave a velux window open so it can be vented but kept the temperature to a nice 18 degrees last night.  
    Not nice taking about Mrs SB like that
  • edited July 2019
    Why don't men wear short sleeves in hot weather? I've seen so many blokes in the City wearing suits with long sleeved shirts, and big sweat patches. What is wrong with wearing short sleeved shirts? Serious question! 
  • se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    Why don't men wear short sleeves in hot weather? I've seen so many blokes in the City wearing suits with long sleeved shirts, and big sweat patches. What is wrong with wearing short sleeved shirts? Serious question! 
    It just doesn’t look right in a formal context 
    Nor do big sweat patches!
  • Wilma said:
    40 in the shade @ lunchtime .. 2 below at teatime .. after all, this is England
  • Wilma said:
    se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    So wear an undershirt...
  • Flying Ant Day today.

had them yesterday, nothing copious amounts of boiling hot water couldn't cure ..  
    Saw a few yesterday...more today though as for dealing with the heat we are planning on going to the beach on Wednesday & Thursday and no doubt will end up in the Dolphin after.

Will be in the Dolphin this Sunday lunchtime on our annual pilgrimage to Hastings - has to be fish and chips after before ending the day at The Cinque Port Arms, then train home. Job done.
  • se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    So wear an undershirt...
    I don't wear a suit or long sleeved shirt, but surely an undershirt beneath a long sleeved shirt would make a person hotter still? 

Thank you for answering though. I have wondered why so many men stick with long sleeves in hot weather. It's so much easier being a woman and being able to walk around in next to nothing :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    Wilma said:
    se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    So wear an undershirt...
    I don't wear a suit or long sleeved shirt, but surely an undershirt beneath a long sleeved shirt would make a person hotter still? 

Thank you for answering though. I have wondered why so many men stick with long sleeves in hot weather. It's so much easier being a woman and being able to walk around in next to nothing :-)
    and long may that state of affairs last .. hasn't affected @Redmidland though
  • Wilma said:
    se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    se9addick said:
    Wilma said:
    So wear an undershirt...

Many men probably don't own any short sleeve "formal" shirts either. Beach shirts perhaps but not plain ones  :)
  • HexHex
    edited July 2019
    A number of weather models now predicting 39C for Thursday with 36-37C quite widely.  36.7 is the July record and 38.5 the all-time record.  Interesting times.
  • I wasnt ready but a client meeting in town finished just before 4, so have now relocated my office to  outside a bar in Beckenham.

If only they had Peroni on tap in the office.

still too hot to be wearing a suit though!
  • It's a no for me
  • Heat is killing my appetite - hopefully might lose some weight.
    Unfortunately not doing the same for me (BBQ will be lit soon)
  • Gym was empty which is great!
  • Flying Ant Day today.

had them yesterday, nothing copious amounts of boiling hot water couldn't cure ..  
    Noooooo!!! You should have said. I’d have rescued them.
    Unfortunately not doing the same for me (BBQ will be lit soon)
    Same here.....but then I've  been known to BBQ when it's snowing.