Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Where will we finish?

13»

Comments

• se9addick said:
    The way things are right now, I think we’ll be relegated. 
    Ten days on and nothing has happened to really change my mind. Going down with this squad as it stands, 23rd place.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    The way things are right now, I think we’ll be relegated. 
    Ten days on and nothing has happened to really change my mind. Going down with this squad as it stands, 23rd place.
    Thought we would stay up but the lack of quality loans and the likelihood of this trend continuing the case leads me increasingly to believe you are right.
  • 24th. No goalscorer at this level, no creativity in midfield and no decent holding midfielder.
  • Relegation 2 to 1 buying money as it stands 
  • Struggle - but hope I am wrong 😟
  • And breath all.

Talksports super computer has done a prediction, usually pretty accurate, and they’ve got us coming 18th.  Millwall 22nd, Barnsley 24th, Leeds 1st.
  • I'd rip your arm off for 18th
  • Luton - promoted as League One champions and bolstered by several astute-looking signings - may fancy their chances of a Sheffield United-style bounce but the sides they came up with Barnsley and Charlton (both 9/4) - are the bookies' favourites to go straight back down. Off-field problems persist at the Addicks, whose small squad may be exposed in the second tier, but don't put it past Daniel Stendel's high-pressing Tykes to surprise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Too early for this thread. We don’t know what the squad will be like until window is closed. Not predicting a position until then.
  • Bowyer and Gallen have done VERY well so far.

With the limited resources and untried players we have from the Championship, I will be happy with not going back down, I cannot see any further than a bottom 6 placing.
    I agree with this .. while not being 'happy' with just avoiding relegation, I'd be 'contented' given our parlous financial and ownership position and the fact that we are now competing with clubs recently relegated from the Prem who have king's ransom type wads of cash to spend on players
    Then again, weren't Sunderland still getting parachute payments last season?
  • 22nd. Maybe better if LB pulls off some miracle signings as good as Cullen. Bielik and Aribo.
  • Loans are going to be key to our survival.
    So far we have none and it will take time for them to bed in. August is going to be a tough month and I cannot see us picking up more than a couple of points.
    Hope I'm wrong.
  • Like Clough's first season in thé 2nd division, Bowyer will get us to 18th and a League cup semi final. Both managers are/were exceptional motivators who get/got 100% from every player.
  • Said on the poll we would finish bottom half but stay up....that's assuming we get some bodies in over the next week or so which I'm sure we will, if not relegation most likely.