Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite cheese

What's your favourite and what do you eat it with?

Hard to choose between Cheddar and Stilton for me - preferably with digestives. Tried some 'stinking bishop' recently which was pretty impressive.

Comments

• Cheddar or Brie. Depends on my mood.
  • not a lover of cheese really but if I had to choose it would be Red Leicester on a Digestive. Only really like Red Leicester, Cheddar, Laughing Cow, Belle Paisy (sp) and Dairylea.
  • Smoked Applewood. Nice with digestives too. 
  • Canadian full strength cheddar or smoked applewood.
  • Cheese cake
  • Stilton or brie, both cost a fortune out here
  • Stilton or brie, both cost a fortune out here
    What is Chinese cheese like?
  • Camembert. Baked!
  • Apart from goat cheese there isn't really any locally produced cheese, not something most Chinese people eat.
  • Sponsored links:

• This is amazing!

• So many to choose from!

Extra Mature Cheddar for the everyday cheese

Halloumi for grilled cheese

Feta for salads

Camembert for baked cheese

Brie for cheese and crackers

• Not sure if it’s my favourite - but you should all have a go at this bad boy. 

All the way from Brockley too. 
  • Extra Strong (not vintage) cheddar. The supermarket stuff
  • Applewood is smoked flavoured  not actually smoked.
  • If you haven't tried Explorateur, I would highly recommend it.

https://www.cheesemonthclub.com/explorateur

• Not sure if it’s my favourite - but you should all have a go at this bad boy. 

All the way from Brockley too. 
    Looks nice but I imagine it's expensive? 
  • Halloumi or Paneer for me. Plus a bit of Cathedral City Mature
  • Italian Dolcelatte blue mixed with strips of cream.
  • always be partial to a bit of black bomber 
  • Sponsored links:

• Mozzarella is nice. have it in a tomato, watercress and basil salad. bellissimo 
  • Illchester.
  • Really impossible to name a favourite, like virtually all of the ones listed above.

A pizza isn't complete without gorgonzola.

Love a bloomer bread doorstep sandwich with either cheddar and piccalilli or red Leicester and branston pickle.

Brought a selection box back from France a couple of years ago. They stank, absolutely reeked. Delicious though, but there is just no logic to explain why you'd want to eat something that smells like a marathon runner's socks.
  • The garlic one and the chilli one, both amazing.

• I don't know why I keep opening this thread, I love cheese so much and the selection is terrible here, hopefully my mum can sneak some through customs next month, I managed around 5kg on my last visit.
  • ...I dare not ask how you managed to fit 5kg up there?
  • My favourite food unfortunately for me. I would say it is something we excel at in this country. I'll probably eat most cheeses as long as they are veggie but I have 3 favourites depending where and when. 

1. M&S Cornish Cruncher, No.7 on the Richter scale. After eating that every other cheddar is cheese for people who don't like cheese. Sandwiches for work and the ultimate cheese on toast. 

2. Stilton, (not the cheap stuff), King of all cheese throughout the known world. Sandwich or biscuit at home

3. Brie. Inoffensive generic something to go with a tomato stuff.  Saturday afternoon sandwich with the wife.

• seth plum said:
    Applewood is smoked flavoured  not actually smoked.
    Don’t care. It’s nice. 
  • ...I dare not ask how you managed to fit 5kg up there?
    Practice makes perfect :expressionless: