Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New 007 to be a woman

edited July 2019 in Not Sports Related
According to the Guardian, it will be black British actress Lashana Lynch. 

I think the world has gone mad. I'd call myself a left-leaning feminist but, seriously...

Comments

• Options
    She plays 007 in the new film yes but not James Bond. At the beginning of the film M says "Come in 007" and in she walks. James Bond has retired and she was given his code name. Bond, of course, returns. 
      Chunes, you knew this, so stop stirring it up!!!!
  • Options
    Be curious if this is a tester thats being put out whilst Daniel Craig is still around, i.e. if she gets good reviews she'll be the permanent replacement to Craig
  • Options

I think it's such an amazing decision to make this move now. Everyone in the selection process should be lauded for their undeniable courage and bravery in appointing what will be seen as a controversial decision in this age of middle aged toxic white masculinity.

Anyone speaking against this truly inspirational casting should hang their non-progressive heads in absolute shame.

All those in support should be rightfully commended for doing so and for being such wonderful human beings. Such amazing people.

Has she got big bangers?

You see, this is the sort of misogynistic poppycock that needs to be eradicated. By force if necessary. There's absolutely no reason why people should think so differently and have such polarising views or opinions on something that can only be seen as positive.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Triggered
  • Options
    The big issues get debated on CL.

.......says the man who started a thread about electric scooter users ;)
  • Options
    On a serious note if a black woman were ever to play 007 I would protest with my EDL chums and start attacking journalists except for Tommy.

People of CL we need to stand together on this!

#keepbondwhiteandaman

I'm not sure you got the memo. White is bad.

It sounds like you need to go and unlearn some of your misguided views. Only then will you truly understand and begin to empathise with those who are suffering and dying as a result of your outpourings.

• Options
    She should have been 36B.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    About time too I say.

The weaponry she gets set up with from Q ( Now T. A transgender Cambridge genius) is meant to be something else.

Look out for the Tefal Iron that fires frog poison darts and the rolled up copy of the Guardian that has a lining of razor sharp tungsten Graphite that will slice enemies in half in one swoosh!

• Options
    Nice to dream this is true......Bond girl scenes.
  • Options
    Be curious if this is a tester thats being put out whilst Daniel Craig is still around, i.e. if she gets good reviews she'll be the permanent replacement to Craig

I agree. Doctor Who did the same by changing the Master in to Missy. They had two years of testing the fans reactions to a Time Lord changing sex before doing the same to the Doctor.
  • Options

I agree. Doctor Who did the same by changing the Master in to Missy. They had two years of testing the fans reactions to a Time Lord changing sex before doing the same to the Doctor.

If it happens then its important they get the right Directors in so it doesn't turn into something like that Ghostbusters remake
  • Options
    007 can be anyone, you can’t however make James Bond a woman so even if they start making films where 007 is female/black/Chinese/native American they won’t be Bond films 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to a talk from the head of MI6 not so long ago about diversity in the workplace (of all things!). They are big on diversity there... Primarily as it makes it far easier to spy on people who look like you, rather than a plummy elderly Englishman. 

This new 007 is presumably there to f*** up black lives matter
  • Options
    So Joanne bond....is going to dramatically shoot a load of bad guys....and just about survive. Fly and helicopter via dramatic explosion, then just about survive.

Then turn into a lesbian?
  • Options
    I think bond films are crap so I’m gonna sit this one out, grab the popcorn and watch the bickering.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

The big issues get debated on CL.

Can we just agree that middle aged white men are the most persecuted group in society.

#notothepcpolice
    Interesting you'd see that as the issue being raised. How is being white central to Bond's character? 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    007 can be anyone, you can’t however make James Bond a woman so even if they start making films where 007 is female/black/Chinese/native American they won’t be Bond films 
    James Bond as a character is defined by a bunch of things. 

- Sex addiction
    - Alcoholism
    - Arrogance
    - Fighting ability
    - Shooting ability

He’s also quintessentially English, and yet he's been played by a Scot, an Irishman and an Australian. 

I realise this this thread is more about passive aggressive irony, but there are two points I’d like to make - firstly, judging a film’s plot point before you’ve seen the film is ridiculous, and secondly, saying Bond can’t be black is nonsense. By that token, you’re implying that you’re more worthy of the role than Idris Elba, because you are white. 

You’re suave enough? Good looking enough? Ripped enough? You’d be able to tick off that list above? Or Elba can’t purley because of the colour of his skin?

How anyone can make that claim and not consider themselves a teensy bit racist bemuses me. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    James Bond as a character is defined by a bunch of things. 

- Sex addiction
    - Alcoholism
    - Arrogance
    - Fighting ability
    - Shooting ability

He’s also quintessentially English, and yet he's been played by a Scot, an Irishman and an Australian. 

I realise this this thread is more about passive aggressive irony, but there are two points I’d like to make - firstly, judging a film’s plot point before you’ve seen the film is ridiculous, and secondly, saying Bond can’t be black is nonsense. By that token, you’re implying that you’re more worthy of the role than Idris Elba, because you are white. 

You’re suave enough? Good looking enough? Ripped enough? You’d be able to tick off that list above? Or Elba can’t purley because of the colour of his skin?

How anyone can make that claim and not consider themselves a teensy bit racist bemuses me. 
    He's the son of a Scottish bloke and a Swiss woman.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Chunes said:
    Elba would've made a brilliant Bond for 2019.
    Apart for the fact tbe bloke can't act for toffee and he's not a her