Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cricket World Cup final plans

2»

Comments

• Woke up to rain...not good.

Switched on the TV..holding my breath...cloudy skies weakens the signal to my dish, especially on C4...

but it's coming through sharp and clear. 

First cricket I'll be watching since 2005 and the subsequent pathetic sell-out to Sky. Can't wait. 
    Do you get More 4 too?  The cricket is being switched during the GP.
  • edited July 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    Woke up to rain...not good.

Switched on the TV..holding my breath...cloudy skies weakens the signal to my dish, especially on C4...

but it's coming through sharp and clear. 

First cricket I'll be watching since 2005 and the subsequent pathetic sell-out to Sky. Can't wait. 
    Hope you get good signal on More 4 too as coverage switches over there when the British Grand Prix is on. 
    @Chizz Thanks, mates, checked it, all good. Sun is out here now, so signal will be fine.

I use Freesat, so no Sky at all. That's why the last time I saw that bastard Shane Warne on my TV, he had the ball in his hand and I was in a state of continuous low level panic :-)
  • Now i' m gonna sound like I'm quibbling, but is the main C4 channel not an HD, and if not, do they have an HD channel, I could not find one?
  • Channel 4 HD was removed from freesat last year after freesat increased the fee charged to channel 4 
  • Both C4 and More 4 have HD channels
  • MrOneLung said:
    Channel 4 HD was removed from freesat last year after freesat increased the fee charged to channel 4 
    Thanks again mate. Not to worry. Really enjoying this. All the tech...for someone like me it's like waking up after 14 years asleep :-)
  • Damn, passing thunderstorm has knocked out the signal, and on Radio 5 too, although R5 is now just about back...
  • Why not just watch a stream?
    Plenty of them around. 
    Vipbox.tv and cricfree.sx just to name a few 
  • Danepak said:
    Why not just watch a stream?
    Plenty of them around. 
    Vipbox.tv and cricfree.sx just to name a few 
    The picture is back now, and the storm looks like it was just a passing squall. Streams are usueful when all else fails but all that battling with the "adverts" bugs me. I also need to have another word with my VPN provider, as I ought to be able to watch C4 on the web.

Pity we didn't get a wicket while I was knocked out... starting to fret a bit...
  • Fantastic last 5 overs from Archer
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell. What a way to bring cricket back to us paupers after 14 years. Now give us the bloody Ashes back!
  • edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    For you nostalgia fans here's a nice piece about the 1st World Cup in '75...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/13/everything-we-wished-for-boyhood-memories-of-the-first-lords-final

I can remember watching this game myself and was of a similar age as the writer. 

Blimey how things have changed though. I'd completely forgotten that Clive Lloyd scored a 100 playing against Lillee and Thompson without a helmet...and wearing glasses.
    That's a really nice piece. I remember the feeling of absolute unfairness that England weren't in the Final.
    Really? I cannot imagine that anyone who remembers the 1975 World Cup ever wore a helmet whilst playing club cricket. Do you really remember? Why would you feel an injustice? Gary Gilmour stuffed us, with bat and ball. 
     How old are you? Who did you play cricket for? 

• Riviera said:
    Chizz said:
    For you nostalgia fans here's a nice piece about the 1st World Cup in '75...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jul/13/everything-we-wished-for-boyhood-memories-of-the-first-lords-final

I can remember watching this game myself and was of a similar age as the writer. 

Blimey how things have changed though. I'd completely forgotten that Clive Lloyd scored a 100 playing against Lillee and Thompson without a helmet...and wearing glasses.
    That's a really nice piece. I remember the feeling of absolute unfairness that England weren't in the Final.
    Really? I cannot imagine that anyone who remembers the 1975 World Cup ever wore a helmet whilst playing club cricket. Do you really remember? Why would you feel an injustice? Gary Gilmour stuffed us, with bat and ball. 
     How old are you? Who did you play cricket for? 

Unfair, because, as a kid, I was desperate to be able to see my team in the works cup final. Things often seem unfair when you're a kid! 

I'm sorry that you can't imagine someone who remembers the 1975 World Cup wearing a helmet in club cricket. That's very weird. When do you think club cricketers started wearing helmets?