Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Konsa to Villa

Comments

• In 2014, Richard Murray said: " One of the key things that Roland's financial stability will bring us is that if we've got a good player we will be able to hold on to him, and not be in a position that we have to sell our assets before they have realised their full potential playing for us or their full potential in the transfer market.”

I really want somebody to put that to Murray 
  • IdleHans said:
    Very similar with Joe too. Give him a proper contract in January instead of pulling it and there'd have been a very good fee for him too. So for the sake of half a seasons increase in Joe's wages, the idiot could perhaps have collected £3m upwards instead of the measly £300K development fee. 
    Twat.
    (Did I say that already?)
    I want somebody to put that to Murray, too... In the same context
  • I find it hard to belive that RD is a successful businessman given the inept way he runs our club and his inability to manage contracts/transfers.
  • I'm not convinced she'll ever win a grand slam.
  • I'm not convinced she'll ever win a grand slam.
    At least she has a nice villa to console herself in
  • IdleHans said:
    Very similar with Joe too. Give him a proper contract in January instead of pulling it and there'd have been a very good fee for him too. So for the sake of half a seasons increase in Joe's wages, the idiot could perhaps have collected £3m upwards instead of the measly £300K development fee. 
    Twat.
    The mistake was last summer with the withdrawn contract

There would have been no chance of Aribo signing a contract in January. The only way of getting a half/quarter decent transfer fee would have been to sell him then (as with Karlan)
  • edited July 2019
    IdleHans said:
    Twat.
    The mistake was last summer with the withdrawn contract

There would have been no chance of Aribo signing a contract in January. The only way of getting a half/quarter decent transfer fee would have been to sell him then (as with Karlan)
    Thanks, I couldnt remember exactly when the new offer was made and withdrawn. Still, the principle remains. The old goat complains about losing money then fails to extract any meaningful value from the assets he does have, namely the (scottish) premiership stars of the future.
  • How the hell did that Belgian twat ever make any money?
    Lots of idiots who make money out there. Tim Martin and James Dyson are two classic examples...  
  • Sponsored links:

• If Roland had half a footballing brain he'd look at a club like Southampton and see how they rode their golden generation of youth players up the leagues and then sold them for huge profits. The man's got the resources to make the player farm model work but he'd rather flush £10m's down the drain than admit he's made a mistake. 
    Right!
  • Am I the only one who did not rate him and I still dont. I feel he is just very average player. He was no Rufus or Gomez. I did not even worry when we sold him. 
    It doesn't matter if you rate him, or if I rate him. The fact is, with silly money that some clubs wish to spend, we should have insisted on a sell on clause at the expense of cash if need be, That is basic common sense. Something Roland doesn't have. I am not too bothered about it because he would just trouser the money, but it seemed strange at the time and merely illustrates how clueless the idiot is.
  • Just scored a potentially massive goal for Villa. Happy to see him doing well.
  • Konsa scores the first and is direct fault for not blocking the second.
  • Can get away from Charlton the poor fella. Scores a goal then concedes near the death. Charlton DNA
  • Villa often match us going up the same year and also going down ...
  • Didn’t really rate Konsa. The least impressive of the kids we sold on to higher things in recent years IMHO. Not bad by any means but I just couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. 
  • Didn’t really rate Konsa. The least impressive of the kids we sold on to higher things in recent years IMHO. Not bad by any means but I just couldn’t see what all the fuss was about. 
    He couldn't nail down a position. Looked too weak to be a centre-back (although ok on the ball). Wasn't quick or decisive enough to be a full-back. Wasn't nimble enough or have enough of a goal-threat to be a midfielder. I guess he would have been most suited to playing in a 3 man defence. 
  • At times he was too casual and got caught in possession.
  • edited July 2020
    My mate watched him a lot on behalf of Palace. They knew he wasn't a right-back but were considering him for centre-back. Not because he was especially good but because he was one of the better ones out of the younger crop. Essentially there was a shortage of young, capable centre-backs and a number of clubs were watching him for the same reason. But it seems few were actually totally convinced.....a bit like us who watched him every match. He's not a bad player and could develop really well if he stays as a regular player at a decent level. There have been a number of examples of centre-backs who have improved hugely with age and experience. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Simonsen said:
    My mate watched him a lot on behalf of Palace. They knew he wasn't a right-back but were considering him for centre-back. Not because he was especially good but because he was one of the better ones out of the younger crop. Essentially there was a shortage of young, capable centre-backs and a number of clubs were watching him for the same reason. But it seems few were actually totally convinced.....a bit like us who watched him every match. He's not a bad player and could develop really well if he stays as a regular player at a decent level. There have been a number of examples of centre-backs who have improved hugely with age and experience. 
    Whilst we can talk about the emerging England talent coming through, ironically the majority of exciting players appearing are attack minded players

Go through our Centre-Backs though and there arent any kids that are really emerging anywhere which is a bit of a worry as if we want to do well at the Majors with our kids then we need improvement at the back
  • Simonsen said:
    Whilst we can talk about the emerging England talent coming through, ironically the majority of exciting players appearing are attack minded players

Go through our Centre-Backs though and there arent any kids that are really emerging anywhere which is a bit of a worry as if we want to do well at the Majors with our kids then we need improvement at the back
    I think there's a general lack of decent defenders everywhere, partially because everyone needs to be a "ball player". Hence you end up with John Stones who was bigged up because he could carry the ball from the back, but is flawed as an actual defender.
    Same here, though I assume he must have stepped up at Brentford for Villa to sign him
  • FairPlay to him , he’s done much much better than I ever thought , good luck to him 
  • Mate of mine rates him so highly. He has no reason to be biased as not even a charlton or Villa fan. He’s been saying for last couple of months that he is one of the best available defenders in the league. 

Can’t be that far away from an England call up.
  • At least Murray and Duchatelet got full value for him 
  • I saw Ezri a few seasons ago playing in a cup game.  It was at Brentford I think around 2015

I said Ezri was as good as Gomez but nobody believed me.  A true Rolls Royce of a defender and I’m glad he’s doing well.  Lovely lad too - though I understand he was a bit of a naughty boy when he was younger and needed the club to iron out a few flaws in his