Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Index

Has anyone joined Football Index where you can buy shares in footballers gambling on their future success on the Footie Stockmarket?  Could be a bit of fun! 

Comments

• I joined a while back and found it annoying to use. Plus there weren't many players on there. So I tried to withdraw my £30 and they told me I needed to provide a photo of my passport and other documents to withdraw any money.

Thought that was a bit of swizz and obviously aimed at lazy gits like me who would rather just leave the money on there than go through the hassle! 
  • Surprised this hasn't been mentioned previously. I'm on it, the progression and rise in prices since I re joined last October. My Portfolio is nearly up a 3rd of what I've deposited. Can see more rises in the next couple of years as their marketing budget has massively increased as you might have noticed they actually sponsor Nottingham Forest. My advise is it won't give you the instant buzz win like Betting and if you are going to do, try research as much as possible.
  • Surprised this hasn't been mentioned previously. I'm on it, the progression and rise in prices since I re joined last October. My Portfolio is nearly up a 3rd of what I've deposited. Can see more rises in the next couple of years as their marketing budget has massively increased as you might have noticed they actually sponsor Nottingham Forest. My advise is it won't give you the instant buzz win like Betting and if you are going to do, try research as much as possible.
    What sort of players have you gone for? I had a look into it but it’s more of a long term thing, and you’d need to spend enough to make it worthwhile.
  • Scoham said:
    Surprised this hasn't been mentioned previously. I'm on it, the progression and rise in prices since I re joined last October. My Portfolio is nearly up a 3rd of what I've deposited. Can see more rises in the next couple of years as their marketing budget has massively increased as you might have noticed they actually sponsor Nottingham Forest. My advise is it won't give you the instant buzz win like Betting and if you are going to do, try research as much as possible.
    What sort of players have you gone for? I had a look into it but it’s more of a long term thing, and you’d need to spend enough to make it worthwhile.

It defo is more long term. I have gone for a completely mixed portfolio with around 80 different players, I have also kept record of previous Dividend winners which means I have random players in who I've never seen play before. Along with player's who I feel have big potential so will hold for a couple of years. Having a diverse portfolio I would say is less risky than going big on few players however the reward is sometimes not as much, for example my friend who I introduced has got a higher % of profit than me but he can really suffer if the players he hold decrease.
  • All just another form of gambling, with complete guesswork. Surprised haven't dabbled, but cant actually see it being worthwhile unless you heavily invest and do the research.

A bit of fun I suppose which could work out well, but never really been tempted to even have a look.

• What happens when a player retires? 

Effectively they will go down to zero...which is why players gradually go down the older they get.
  • Have looked at it a few times but haven't got involved yet
  • Up over 2k from it. Much safer than standard gambling.
  • Good luck if you enjoy it but this a Ponzi scheme, nothing more than that in terms of its structure. 

The owners of the index set the rules. They decide how much to pay back to the punters and this will follow the ponzi timeline. 

Those in first will profit in the short term as the owners pay back to exisiting members with new deposits.

At some point when the new joiner rate gets close to 0 it will fold overnight and anyone still it will lose their coin.

Have fun as I can see why this is a fun game. But remember that is what this is, a game that you pay to play.

It is no more a bet than playing FFL, its a game. You cant have a betting system where the bookie decides who won the race after the event!
  • Sponsored links:

Effectively they will go down to zero...which is why players gradually go down the older they get.
    Surely then you just short any player over 30 and wait a few years?
  • edited July 10
    I tried it out last year and it bored me silly . Very little happens and it’s not really worth the effort unless you invest a large amount of money . 
    Also they wouldn’t let me withdraw my money without two things to prove my identity but they took the original money without a question.
    Have a bet instead it’s much more interesting.