Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Duplicate finder/remover for photos/videos

Anyone use such an app/programme for a Mac? I've 1000s of photos, and Ive tried a couple and even though I've paid for them they aren't the best.
Any suggestions free or otherwise would be a help. :)
Cheers

Comments

• Dogs, dogs, dogs, dogs,rascal golf clobber, dogs, dogs.......
    FFS...........***************changes password****************
  • T_C_E said:
    Anyone use such an app/programme for a Mac? I've 1000s of photos, and Ive tried a couple and even though I've paid for them they aren't the best.
    Any suggestions free or otherwise would be a help. :)
    Cheers
    There’s only so much they can do with grainy Polaroids mate
  • Dont quote me on it but if you use Adobe Lightroom, I'm pretty sure it doesnt import duplicate assets (ie images!)

If you imported all your images into Lightroom then exported the non-duplicates to another drive, that would solve your problem.

Must be info on google about it.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Surely just delete them all, all your bloody dog ones are safely stored on a football forum anyway 😘😘
    Not all although I have whittled them down to 27,000+ and admin have just sent me your email address :open_mouth:
  • By pure coincidence, just went onto Facebook and the first advert that came up is https://toptechshifts.com/photostick/A2D1R2/?thrive=1

That might do the job for you too!
  • edited July 2019
    JohnBoyUK said:
    By pure coincidence, just went onto Facebook and the first advert that came up is https://toptechshifts.com/photostick/A2D1R2/?thrive=1

That might do the job for you too!
    Ive got one @J@JohnBoyUK, while it has found photos I'd thought I'd lost (Goods news @Fumbluff?) it does copy over duplicates. but thanks Ive used the free offer on Lightroom which shifted most of them. 
  • edited July 2019
    CUT and paste everything to one folder, when it tries to paste something with the same name you can either duplicate or skip.
    This only works if the duplicated files have the same name.