Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

@FootballerGay on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    The longer the anonymity goes on, the more chance there is of someone eventually leaking it. 
  • Options
    I don't get the build up to this?, if you're gonna do it, then just do it?....all seems far too 'staged' 

I hope it's not a wind up and whoever it is, encourages others in the game to come out and speak up

like others though, the cynic in me still doubts this is genuine
    I assume that the longer this goes on, it becomes more about 'who it is' rather than 'what his sexual preferences are'.

I'd probably agree with you, but Jim White has already come out (poor choice of words) and said he knows the player. Whilst we have first hand experience of Jim chatting shit, he surely wouldn't say that unless this situation was genuine?
    He didn’t say he knew him - he said he had ‘correspondance’ which suggests written communication (ie on social media perhaps)..... suggests to me that’s just messaging from the account 
  • Options
    I don't get the build up to this?, if you're gonna do it, then just do it?....all seems far too 'staged' 

I hope it's not a wind up and whoever it is, encourages others in the game to come out and speak up

like others though, the cynic in me still doubts this is genuine
    I assume that the longer this goes on, it becomes more about 'who it is' rather than 'what his sexual preferences are'.

I'd probably agree with you, but Jim White has already come out (poor choice of words) and said he knows the player. Whilst we have first hand experience of Jim chatting shit, he surely wouldn't say that unless this situation was genuine?
    He didn’t say he knew him - he said he had ‘correspondance’ which suggests written communication (ie on social media perhaps)..... suggests to me that’s just messaging from the account 
    Ah fair enough then, i assumed they'd actually spoken.
  • Options
    What makes you think that, A? (Genuine Q)
  • Options
    It's going to be that bloke off Britain's Got Talent, X or whatever his name was. Not falling for this stunt again
  • Options
    I’ve believed it to be real right up to this point. I can’t say exactly what has changed my mind but reading this latest ‘update’ it feels more and more like waiting to hear the takeover has happened.
  • Options
    That statement isn't your average footballer thing, it is either a hoax, an educated footballer or their agent did that. 

After reading that I can't help but think that it is somebody that works in the media or something similar that is gay themselves and trying to lay the groundwork to make others feel safe to come out.  We will know soon enough I guess, as if no big reveal happens in the next few weeks it is not real.  

If you were worried about making the announcement, which any normal person would be in this case, you would definitely make it a week or so prior to the football starting so the idiots in the crowd hopefully would get used to it prior to the season's start.
  • Options
    Those who are so eager to find out exactly who the player is - Is this because you think the quicker the better for his sake and the sake of the LGBT cause, or are you just intrigued to know who he is asap in a voyeuristic kind of way? Ive not read any of his Twiiter, but I can't help but think that it comes over as more the later and so much pressure would have the adverse effect on the decision. If this is genuine, I think, let the bloke have his meetings, sort his personal life out, then make a statement or whatever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve believed it to be real right up to this point. I can’t say exactly what has changed my mind but reading this latest ‘update’ it feels more and more like waiting to hear the takeover has happened.
    Maybe he is the person that’s going to takeover and wants to announce both things at the same time! 
  • Options
    Maybe he is the person that’s going to takeover and wants to announce both things at the same time! 
    What, like coming out out?
  • Options
    Those who are so eager to find out exactly who the player is - Is this because you think the quicker the better for his sake and the sake of the LGBT cause, or are you just intrigued to know who he is asap in a voyeuristic kind of way? Ive not read any of his Twiiter, but I can't help but think that it comes over as more the later and so much pressure would have the adverse effect on the decision. If this is genuine, I think, let the bloke have his meetings, sort his personal life out, then make a statement or whatever.
    IMHO I don’t think people are really interested in who it is. It will be good for football if a player does come out but no one is forcing anyone to do this. The hype and build up has been created by the player themselves. Yes have meetings and sort out your life but you don’t have to keep tweeting. This is why I’m now thinking it’s a hoax.

• Options
    It was always a non story.
    A self important interest group didntt get a hero. 
    Nike haven't paid out for a new ambassador.

Silly season is nearly over. 

I'd be intrigued to know what/who you're referring to as 'a self important interest group'?
  • Options
    It’s Micky Flanagan?
  • Options
    It’s Micky Flanagan?
    Mike, being signed up by Bowyer as he scores goals and they have something in common. 
  • Options
    I’m vaguely interested purely because it’s currently a mystery... and like most mysteries the answer will likely be underwhelming.

I can see why some of you think it’s a hoax -  at best it’s all become a bit self-indulgent. As if the chairman of any club was going to pull a Jack Hennerty - this isn’t some two bit nipple peep show in Rio De Janeiro! 
  • Options
    Just tweeted ‘24/07/19’

Guessing we’ll soon see if it’s real. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just tweeted ‘24/07/19’

Talking about it on Jim White now. 

Apparently a Norwich player will also come out this week.
  • Options
    Just tweeted ‘24/07/19’

Or that will turn out to be about something completely different and it will be dragged out further.

Would be funny if a different/real player came out without all this build up before this twitter account does.
    Well if the Naaaaarwch player does, then fair play to him!
  • Options
    I have a feeling @FootballerGay is one of ours. Possibly a high profile one of ours.

Be interesting to see on Wednesday if I am right at all.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I have a feeling @FootballerGay is one of ours. Possibly a high profile one of ours.

Be interesting to see on Wednesday if I am right at all.
    "The Chairman will be arranging full support from those within the Club".

That statement doesn't sound like he plays for us.
     True. I forgot about that line.
  • Options
    The player is rumoured to be a Millwall player, all jokes aside.
  • Options
    Yeah we don't have a chairman do we
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Yeah we don't have a chairman do we
    thought that Murray bloke was Chairman, you know who I mean, the conduit between Roland and the fans …..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!