Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

R.I.P John McCririck

Passed away aged 79

R.I.P John

Comments

• Thought he was already dead. RIP.
  • remember him when younger jumping up and down compared to the crap we have on telly now of judging some birds best dress and hat. 
  • Didn't think he was that old. RIP
  • A character. RIP
  • RIP John
    Met the man a few times and was always enjoyable company
  • RIP, Jay Kay from Jamariqui's dad
  • Whenever people are described as a character or eccentric, he's the first person that pops into my head. 

RIP John
  • RIP. A bit of a strange fella, but good value on tv 
  • RIP Big Mac. Huge personality that racing will sorely miss.
  • Sponsored links:

• An extraordinarily wonderful extroverted character a complete one off.......mad as a box of frogs but by god he knew his stuff when it came to the GG’s.
  • RIP - getting mixed views on my twitter feed about this.  Completely oblivious to his story, but some people saying his wife can now rest in peace and they don’t want to hear anything from Claire Balding.  What’s the back story?
  • Another great British eccentric sadly bites the dust. RIP and rise in glory.
  • RIP, Jay Kay from Jamariqui's dad
    Never knew that RIP JM.
  • edited July 2019
    RIP. A true entertainer.  There was a terribly sad interview he did on radio a few months agoabout how lonely he was and rarely went out any more since stopping work  A bit of a tear jerker for its honesty from a chap who seemed to be a larger than life, sociable character.  Worth listening to if you can find it as an insider to how many elderly must feel.
  • RIP  -  Eccentric extraordinaire 
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    RIP - getting mixed views on my twitter feed about this.  Completely oblivious to his story, but some people saying his wife can now rest in peace and they don’t want to hear anything from Claire Balding.  What’s the back story?
    Like many things involving media personalities, it will depend on your opinion of the person involved. Hence the mixed views.
  • RIP excellent sporting knowledge and just entertaining - the punters friend 
  • RIP John 
  • cabbles said:
    RIP - getting mixed views on my twitter feed about this.  Completely oblivious to his story, but some people saying his wife can now rest in peace and they don’t want to hear anything from Claire Balding.  What’s the back story?

Apparently it was her "quiet words" in someones ears that had him sacked by C4
  • cabbles said:

Ah I see.  did a bit of research online, but couldn't find anything that I felt would warrant some of the reactions I saw on twitter 
  • A real racing character. RIP
  • Eccentric person, sister who met him many times as she owns race horses, said he was a lovely guy off camera and extremely knowlageable. 
  • cabbles said:

he wasn't sacked, a TV company took over the broadcasting rights and he wasn't kept on

I remember he used to call her 'the ravishing Clare Balding'